Complete Genomics Employee Reviews

Imploded
Random Employee (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CA20 September 2016
Company ran out of money. Couldn't raise more and got bought out by the Chinese for a song. 90% of the employees scattered to the winds. Are the lights still on?
enjoyable
Master Scheduler/Planner (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CA3 December 2015
I found that my immediate manager was supportive and allowed for me to develop my own methods for accomplishing that tasks assigned. The co-workers were also supportive and team minded in their approaches to various projects.
Great startup company to work for
Senior Document Specialist/Audit Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CA24 November 2015
Management of the company is excellent. CEO meets with the company nearly every week at all-hands meetings; he is personable, approachable, and cares about all his employees. My direct manager encourages his employees in professional development and places strong emphasis on cross-training in all functions so that anyone in our department can temporarily step up if someone is out. Input is welcomed and we are encouraged to develop and implement our own ideas.

Kitchen is stocked weekly with fresh food, and drink service comes in twice a week.

Hiring was on a boom the last few years, so cubicle space in the building was hard to come by (I had to move four times in five years).
Pros
Stocked kitchen, flexible time, excellent management
Cons
Hours can sometimes be unpredictable. Space shortage in building.
low ball poor pay
IT admin (Former Employee) –  Mountain View14 October 2014
Company has been trying to fill a IT position for months, reason why? Too cheap and asking for the senior experience.

Avoid this company.
Pros
Cons
Overseas owned, cheap company
Fake people
QA Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CA9 December 2013
Laid-off at 6pm on a Tuesday night after I left office at 3:30pm. Unprofessional
Pros
Free breakfasts & lunches
Cons
Poor management, pretensive, dishonest, indirect comunication management, poor training program
This was a company filled with highly intelligent and motivated individuals.
Vice President of IT (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CA9 November 2012
The most rewarding part of this job was that the problem we were trying to solve was a very difficult one. Yet, once it is solved, the benefits to the health and longevity of the human race are huge!
Pros
working with very intelligent people
Cons
the 70 mile round trip commute each day.
High energy, collaborative work environment
PRINCIPAL SCIENTIST, SYSTEM INTEGRATION TEAM (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CA26 July 2012
Complete Genomics has developed a unique solution to human genome sequencing technology. This fee for service provider produces data with unprecedented accuracy and throughput. It is a stimulating place to work with very collaborative and bright colleagues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Complete Genomics. Our community is ready to answer.