CompHealth Employee Reviews

Cautionary tale
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Utah2 November 2018
In all of my life I have never heard of a sales based company that fires people who are successfully selling and hitting their goals. There is ZERO job security here. You can be in training and get fired or you could have been there five years and get fired. One minute you can be having a conversation with a friend of two years and the next they are gone. They walk them into a conference room and five minutes later they are gone. They are able to burn through Utah’s young intelligent people because they get 20,000 applications a year. This is damaging their reputation and damaging peoples lives. Nobody is really valuable. Everyone is expendable except upper management. If you are hired make sure you have a back up job lined up.
Pros
Fun at first with good core values.
Cons
Takes over you life with anxiety and they don’t follow their own core values.
I could work when I wanted to
Traveling Histologist (Former Employee) –  Anywhere16 October 2018
I worked when and wherever I wanted to. I got hired over the phone on all my interviews. My jobs all gave me excellent recommendations, and I had several return assignments.
Locum Agency
Anesthesiologist (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PA6 October 2018
There is really not more to say other than it is a well organized locum tenen agency that has excellent communication and hiring processes. The agency matches contracted professionals with appropriate temporary work. Comphealth makes the process easy.
Need to Walk the Walk
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UT2 October 2018
Core Values are attractive when you look at them from outside, however, Directors and above are not held accountable to live and lead the Core Values.
Fun place to work, but very serious business when needed
Exclusive Client Assignment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT19 September 2018
Fun place to work, but very serious in business matters when needed. Very competitive rates, employees and executives. It is a fun culture designed to involve the employee and stimulate the mind as much as possible while still concentrating on clientele and effecting the market.
Beware if you take a Physician Assignment !
Physician (Former Employee) –  California2 July 2018
CompHealth assigned me to a variety of jobs as a physician. Most positive, a few very negative. Things changed when I came under the "control" of a new rep. He told me that I wasn't qualified to work urgent care when they had assignmed me to various urgent care clinics over an 18 month period. I tried to get a two day Urgent Care assignment through CompHealth with a clinic that I had worked for many times (in urgent care) . The rep told me I was not credentialed for urgent care and killed the process. Cost me a great assignment and $2400.

What kind of company approves credentialing for 18 months and then claims that the doctor is not credentialed for urgent care and kills a job opportunity? ! He also told me that as an Internist (even with extensive experience in urgent care) that CompHealth's insurance would never allow me to work in urgent care again even though the mal-practice insurance company allegedly approved me in the past. I have No claims. No complaints.

Don't sign up with this company because they may turn around and bite you on the butt. You are nothing but a pawn when you work with CompHealth. They do have a lot assignments available but be aware that you will be working with bullies. And after you leave CompHealth you cannot get another assignment with any company they introduced you to for TWO years !

They own you lock stock and barrel..
Pros
A lot of jobs available
Cons
Read the review.
great culture
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Cascade, MI2 July 2018
CHG is a great place to work-their motto is "putting people first" and they truly use that in all of the decisions that they make! The company continues to grow and there's career advancement if you're willing to relocate to the various offices that they have throughout the US.
This is a Locum Tenum job finding company.
ARNP (Former Employee) –  Gallup, NM10 June 2018
This company will find available Locum jobs for ARNP and PA's. They have better benefits than most Locum companies and a competitive salary. Free Housing and a 6 figure salary are the normal.
Pros
Salary and benefits.
Cons
unpain time between assginments.
productive and nurturing work enviornment
Physician Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FL9 June 2018
• Responsible for the placement of providers into client facilities.
• Averaged 80-105 cold calls per day.
• Negotiate contract terms with candidates on extended offers.
• Conduct reference verification and arrange interviews.
• Maintain database regarding status of potential candidates.
• Develop marketing strategies within my targeted market.
• Presidents Club Award Winner 05/14, 06/14, 07/14
Pros
great work enviornment
Cons
several weekly meetings
Great
Psychiatrist (Former Employee) –  Locum position4 June 2018
Great experience even when I just had part time job for few months in 2011-12?
I left the clinic assignment due to difficulties with staff and my recruiter helped me phase out of the position very nicely.
Pros
Very attentive and effective
Cons
Good for the right person
Physician Recr (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UT20 April 2018
This job requires complete dedication to succeed without feeling burnout, Good for the right person in the right circumstances. They force you to grow individually and that is priceless. But you must be in the right mindset to do well long term.
Pros
Potential for good pay, personal growth experience
Cons
Stressful, will make you cry, very competitive, and sometimes out of your control if you don’t have prior training to prepare you better.
Cutt throat, work for pennies, you're just another number
Physician Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT5 April 2018
CompHealth has the mentality that if they hire you then you owe them everything and they have NO problem firing you. It's the first place I've ever worked where I would be chatting with a co-worker one minute and the next minute they were gone and their desk was being cleaned out. It doesn't matter if you've been there 20 minutes or 20 years the loyalty to you is the same. I've witnessed numerous employees get completed blindsided by being called into a conference room and being terminated. They are burning through the available workforce in Utah and their reputation and employee attitudes are suffering because of it.
Pros
Fun at first
Cons
Absolutely zero job security
nothing to say
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  SLC, UT22 March 2018
CompHealth is a huge company with alot of employee's. If you are looking for a large company to work for then this is where you should apply. They may have changed their name?
Excellect company for travelers
travel microbiology technologist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT20 March 2018
Decent travel company, had my back. Sometimes housing placements were an issue depending on the area I was sent to. One has to look at this type of position as an experience and a way to travel. Often times people are grateful for your help. Great way to get experience, but do carefully screen the facility you will be working for and make sure to heed any red flags during the interview process.
Pros
na
Cons
No vacation time, contract based
Wonderful Locums Company
ER Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin19 March 2018
The recruiters are very prompt in responding and finding a position to meet their providers needs. I still get contacted by them to see if I have availability to pick up any work.
Great culture with encouraged work - life balance.
MEDICAL STAFF COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT3 February 2018
CompHealth is a great place to work, there is an onsite gym, a kitchen with healthy food choices. The culture encourages employee recognition and strives to put people first.
I don't want to say anything here
Search Consultant Surgery Team (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CT31 January 2018
I don't have anything to say. Great company, poor leadership unfortunately. All boys club, they don't let women advance in the company. Work life balance is somewhat of a lie there.
Great Opportunity to Learn and Grow
Entry Level - Promoted (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI26 January 2018
I've been an employee of CompHealth for over 15 years. CompHealth offers a great culture and environment to grow and build your skill set. The opportunities are unlimited to anyone who is interested in wanting to make a good - great income, open to growing and learning, have exceptional benefits and great culture. If you lack a good work ethic- don't bother- you wont last here. All those who have been successful on the long term- are dedicated employees and give CompHealth as much as CompHealth gives them back!

Love this company. I love working with a company that helps make a difference in so many communities and patients lives.
Pros
Flex Time, Pto, Commission, Volunteer time off, Company paid benefits
Cons
The ability to work from home more would be great. ( i know it is not always feesible)
Good culture, like coworkers
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale Beach, FL11 January 2018
Good culture, enjoy working with my employees. Depending on the teams managers can micro manage too much. Stressful to hit numbers that may not be realistic.
Pros
Excellent benefits, onsite health clinic, gym, fun activities
Cons
Micro manage, can be stressful, depends on team and having a good leader
Productive workplace
Pediatric Assignment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT10 January 2018
CompHealth is overall a good company to work for. It definitely rewards and treats the sales reps better than any of the administrative staff, which was unfortunate.
Pros
Busy and productive environment
Cons
Lack of appreciation for administrators

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CompHealth. Our community is ready to answer.