Compass

Compass Employee Reviews

Canada54 reviews
If you apply yourself and have a willingness to learn, you can be introduced to many opportunities. New events, new places to work, new things to learn. Allowing you to grow your skill set.
My first management position and I learned quickly on the spot what I was supposed to do. Not only did I have to please upper management of the company, I had to satisfy the correctional institution's rules. I had to double check pay stubs, and hours.
Cuisinier chaleureux et adéquat dans une école secondaire.
Good place to work for.
They didn't pay accordingly

The managers should listen more to the experienced employees and implement the new ideas.Should get more involved

in the day to day operations.The CREATIVITY is the key here
Everyone at Compass gets along well together. It has kept the mechanics here busy even in this crazy economy. They are family oriented and know people have kids and understand things happen.
Engaging and enjoyable work within a very client focused team aiming to support the recovery of very vulnerable individuals in an evidenced based way.
If you want to work for a company that doesn’t care about you ,it’s your place .They work you like a dog for low pay in the oil and gas industry .The safety program is a joke it’s all on paper .
Pros
Zero
Cons
Eh oui, encore un emploi ou le travail était intéressant vraiment intéressant, et que la gestion sur place a mis fin sans aucune raison valable.

Aide-cuisinière; assister le cuisinier dans les tâches du jour, gestion des stocks (remplissage), aide à l'entretien des chambres des résidents (salle de bains, lit, balayeuse, époussetage dans des temps records).
Pros
Horaire de camps 10 jrs environ retour 3 jrs.
Cons
Courte période
Great environment, great staffing and management. Always doing something different. Pushes you to your true potential. hours are great so. Would recommend to anyone.
sur le plan sociale mauvaise expérience; sur le plan professionnel la compagnie est digne d'un pays du tiers monde avec tout ce qui s'en suit de plus il ne respecte en aucun cas les métiers nobles de la cuisine
Pros
salaire
Cons
tout
Compass was good a free meal a day no tips morning shifts only don't work holidayshard to get a raise there I find there really cheap there very hard on food cost which they should be
I enjoy cleaning at the hospital level with terrific staff and appreciative clients that acknowledge a job well done. Our staff is multicultural and from all different sectors of life. The management is very capable and staff are shown appreciation when a job is well done. We are given an area to clean where we dust, dust mop and wash floors and vacuum carpets as well as cleaning and servicing washrooms, making sure that everything is well stocked and cleaned to high standards. Patients can be sure that their environment is disinfected and cleaned often to prevent any bacteria from infecting patients and staff,
Pros
Management tries to accomodate staff with hours and areas
Cons
Wages do not match the amount of work and efforts by staff
Multiple supervisors are verbally abusive, but the job is easy and my work peers are great. There is no chance to advance in this work environment, and my salary did not increase with the minimum wage, which does not make sense because when I was hired it was explained to me that I would be paid more than minimum due to the nature of the work I was doing (working with food meant more pay, labor done for distribution meant more pay). Hours are inconsistent and unreliable.
Pros
Discount on food, work peers are great
Cons
Management doesn't know how to do their job, no chance to advance within the workplace
It was a great place to find consistency and steady work. Unionized and full of benefits for the employee. Some of the management was unorganized and found most of the regular staff knew more than the management, and also did there work. Depending on the unit you are working in, if it is a school you will be laid off for breaks and can claim unemployeement until you return. The company always rehires anyone who was laid off before they look outside.
Pros
lunches come out of paycheque
Cons
union dues are usually only for the older employees. If you are a fulltimer you must pay union dues.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people especially on the front line with the workers. Workers are very open to explaining what is going right what is going wrong and what needs to change to improve production, productivity, efficiency, and safety.
Worked as a co-superintendant in an apartment building and for the most part I enjoyed my time working here dealing with tenants and building friendships throughout the community.
Pros
Free rent
Clean the all thing of the mall..exmaple:door,double door,glass door,floor,kids rides,washroom,family room,chair,pillar and walls.....................
It was a good experience, I worked with several other peers I knew my age and we all worked well together as a unit whenever something had to be done. Just not enough hours and it was also getting difficult at one point to get time off from family matters and other things to make the late night shifts.
Pros
Popcorn to go home
Cons
Not enough hours, one or two night shifts a week for a couple hours
some family members running the place and always look out for each other before the other employees. I worked quite a few hours there about 50 a week for 4 months ... my first pay for working 100 hours was 337$. i tried to tell them they messed up and instead of correcting it they just gave me a cheque for 80 $ and told me to deal with it.
Pros
free food
Cons
never paid the right amount
Management lets employees get away with anything. No actual structure for their employees. you get over worked to the point of exhaustion lack of cover and no respect for anyone in the job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
I like to work with friendly people. They're sometimes the people doesn't respect us and i can't tolerate, i love this company but i can't keep working with that low wages and hard work.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Shorts breaks, to much dust