Compass Employee Reviews

This place is a mess
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2019
If you want to work for a company that doesn’t care about you ,it’s your place .They work you like a dog for low pay in the oil and gas industry .The safety program is a joke it’s all on paper .
Pros
Zero
Courte période de travail
Aide-cuisinière (Former Employee) –  Parent, QC22 December 2018
Eh oui, encore un emploi ou le travail était intéressant vraiment intéressant, et que la gestion sur place a mis fin sans aucune raison valable.

Aide-cuisinière; assister le cuisinier dans les tâches du jour, gestion des stocks (remplissage), aide à l'entretien des chambres des résidents (salle de bains, lit, balayeuse, époussetage dans des temps records).
Pros
Horaire de camps 10 jrs environ retour 3 jrs.
Cons
Courte période
good
Caterer (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON12 August 2018
Great environment, great staffing and management. Always doing something different. Pushes you to your true potential. hours are great so. Would recommend to anyone.
mauvaise experience
Chef Cuisinier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 June 2018
sur le plan sociale mauvaise expérience; sur le plan professionnel la compagnie est digne d'un pays du tiers monde avec tout ce qui s'en suit de plus il ne respecte en aucun cas les métiers nobles de la cuisine
Pros
salaire
Cons
tout
Great job with a multicultural and open-minded company
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 March 2018
I enjoy cleaning at the hospital level with terrific staff and appreciative clients that acknowledge a job well done. Our staff is multicultural and from all different sectors of life. The management is very capable and staff are shown appreciation when a job is well done. We are given an area to clean where we dust, dust mop and wash floors and vacuum carpets as well as cleaning and servicing washrooms, making sure that everything is well stocked and cleaned to high standards. Patients can be sure that their environment is disinfected and cleaned often to prevent any bacteria from infecting patients and staff,
Pros
Management tries to accomodate staff with hours and areas
Cons
Wages do not match the amount of work and efforts by staff
Management needs work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 January 2018
Multiple supervisors are verbally abusive, but the job is easy and my work peers are great. There is no chance to advance in this work environment, and my salary did not increase with the minimum wage, which does not make sense because when I was hired it was explained to me that I would be paid more than minimum due to the nature of the work I was doing (working with food meant more pay, labor done for distribution meant more pay). Hours are inconsistent and unreliable.
Pros
Discount on food, work peers are great
Cons
Management doesn't know how to do their job, no chance to advance within the workplace
Alot of work to do
Head Baker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 December 2017
It was a great place to find consistency and steady work. Unionized and full of benefits for the employee. Some of the management was unorganized and found most of the regular staff knew more than the management, and also did there work. Depending on the unit you are working in, if it is a school you will be laid off for breaks and can claim unemployeement until you return. The company always rehires anyone who was laid off before they look outside.
Pros
lunches come out of paycheque
Cons
union dues are usually only for the older employees. If you are a fulltimer you must pay union dues.
CMP is a tough company to work for but with lots of good learning experiences
Op Ex Coordinator, Manager, Analyst (Former Employee) –  Goderich, On15 September 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people especially on the front line with the workers. Workers are very open to explaining what is going right what is going wrong and what needs to change to improve production, productivity, efficiency, and safety.
Good job
Building Maintenance/Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2017
Worked as a co-superintendant in an apartment building and for the most part I enjoyed my time working here dealing with tenants and building friendships throughout the community.
Pros
Free rent
Clean the mall
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Crossiron Mills5 May 2017
Clean the all thing of the mall..exmaple:door,double door,glass door,floor,kids rides,washroom,family room,chair,pillar and walls.....................
It was a great experience working here learning skills
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 November 2016
It was a good experience, I worked with several other peers I knew my age and we all worked well together as a unit whenever something had to be done. Just not enough hours and it was also getting difficult at one point to get time off from family matters and other things to make the late night shifts.
Pros
Popcorn to go home
Cons
Not enough hours, one or two night shifts a week for a couple hours
not the best
Barista/Food prep (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 October 2016
some family members running the place and always look out for each other before the other employees. I worked quite a few hours there about 50 a week for 4 months ... my first pay for working 100 hours was 337$. i tried to tell them they messed up and instead of correcting it they just gave me a cheque for 80 $ and told me to deal with it.
Pros
free food
Cons
never paid the right amount
Bad managment/staff
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 October 2016
Management lets employees get away with anything. No actual structure for their employees. you get over worked to the point of exhaustion lack of cover and no respect for anyone in the job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great team work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB13 October 2016
I like to work with friendly people. They're sometimes the people doesn't respect us and i can't tolerate, i love this company but i can't keep working with that low wages and hard work.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Shorts breaks, to much dust
cool
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2016
Good place,

i like working there
Expected more than you could give
Supervising Chef (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB6 October 2016
Mostly it was confusing, upper management never gives clear instructions to their staff.
I worked hard for five years, got two awards and was laid off two months later without cause.
Pros
Medical program
Cons
Average pay, no advancement and no overtime
good place to learn everyday
General Helper (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 September 2016
learned how to work as a team
learned how to multitask
the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from other cultures
good workplace
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB30 August 2016
i like working here, good life and work balance. I appreciate the training the workload and the friendship among colleagues.
I strongly recommand compass.
Pros
every two fridays off
Cons
far from home
Fun workplace but lacks room for progression
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto Zoo, ON25 August 2016
This company provided a very enjoyable work environment that made one enjoy going into work. The work itself was simple but meticulous. The co-workers were friendly and everyone was there to simply get the job done but worked together as a team so that everyone was able to finish on time. Some of the less enjoyable parts of the job was the inconsistent schedule. People were not assigned specific roles on specific days but rather placed their randomly and only given about a couples days notice for their shifts of the next week. This made balancing work and life extremely difficult as one could not plan their life around their work schedule. Also due to the lack of business the Toronto Zoo has been having recently, hours have been getting cut for many of the lower staff. I could not see myself staying for too long as I felt that most of the tasks done between ALL staff was practically the same and therefore you felt very little in terms of progression. Overall it was an enjoyable experience as a part-time job and would be recommended for those who are looking for a summer job or are looking for a career in the industry.
Pros
Nice co-workers, Benefits via Recipricol Program
Cons
Shorter hours, inconsistent schedule
Great staff to work with, management was a little unorganized but still good job and I enjoyed it.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 August 2016
I enjoyed working for Compass, the staff were very friendly. Management was alittle unorganized. I didn't mind the hours. I worked 21/7, 8 hour days. I would have like to work more hours. Due to cut backs I got laid off. The way management laid me off was very unprofessional.

Suncor Firebag - worked 10/4 and not enough days in.
Pros
Was always busy
Cons
Unorganized within the management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass. Our community is ready to answer.