Compass Minerals

Compass Minerals Employee Reviews

The best thing about the job was the guys, I was lied to about where I was going to be working, right till the day I started, money was decent, days off were good, lots of overtime
Was only a seasonal temp but was treated awesome and like everyone I worked with. The work was easy and straightforward. It was actually really laid back omg the harvest/ponds department.
Pros
No travel and set schedule
Cons
Was only a temp worker
I can't say very many positive things about this company. I guess the only positive is a paycheck but there are better ways to earn a living than this place! Lead by example? It doesn't happen here! Management is a group of lying, deceitful, manipulative children. You'll struggle here if you are a female or a minority. Salary team isn't much better - they spend the day spreading rumors and making hourly team members' days miserable. HR is an absolute nightmare! They set you up to fail unless you are part of the boy's club.
Pros
The guys in my work area that weren't management.
Cons
Avoid this place if you want to work with adults or be treated as one, They don't want you to succeed.
Managment will punish you for stuff that other emplyees did even when there is paper evidence showing who messed up! They clearly choose favorites and if your not one of them your in for a bumpy ride! If you enjoy being treated unfairly then this is the place to work
Os chefes ganham por fora dos fornecedores e mesmo a prestação de serviços sendo péssima não mudam, ficando impossível trabalhar, principalmente manutenção. ( filial Mauá)
Pros
Nao vi nenhum
Cons
Pior que orgao publico para propina
This is not a safe place to work. Management team is corrupt at all levels, local to corporate. Lives are lost, conditions are intolerable. For as long as people continue to seek employment here, Compass will continue to disregard its responsibilities.
Cote Blanche Mine was horribly mis-managed. Huge disconnect between the employees and upper management. Un-safe mining practices were shockingly prevalent. VERY cliqueish and run on personal whims not safety or production goals. I couldn't wait to get away from this company. I was hired for a position, re-located, and was then informed they had decided to place me into a different position than I had agreed to accept and told I would be responsible for re-paying for re-location expenses and sign on bonus if I left within a year. Worst work experience I've ever had. I was repeatedly directed to have my direct reports do work in an unsafe manner under unsafe conditions. After several months I discovered that my direct supervisor was going into the time management system and arbitrarily reducing my reported hours worked each day.
Empresa ótima, com benefícios para os funcionários, premiações que estimulam muito as atividades. Alguns funcionários recebem a oportunidade de alterar função.
I was contracted to work at Compass Minerals on and off for a few years. Most of my experiences were positive. Office staff was always helpful. I was there when they were going through some company changes that created a lot of job loss. It was hard to see people go and the glib way they were dismissed, some after decades of working there. The lower level employees were friendly, a bit rough around the edges but honest. Mid level managers were good, only ran into one that was completely dishonest and a massive liability to the company. The company should watch their managers more. I'm certain this guy ripped people off for his own gain. Safety culture could be improved, unfortunately that departments hands are tied due to production being the priority rather than safety of the employees. I would recommend it as a place to work. Like any place you need to look out for yourself and watch your back.
If you work hard & want to be the best guy @ your job,don't work here.Employees hate hard workers,for fear of being shown up. They will get you fired.
I left my job because of my manager. He doesn’t know how to treat people respectfully and thinks that he is above all others! I absolutely loved my job there except for him. He ended up making my work life miserable so I left.
Compass Minerals is an unsafe work environment with a culture that turns a blind eye to workplace harassment. Management is full of unorganized and bad leaders who favour certain employees over others. Senior employees in the Maintenance Dept. are not willing to properly train new employees. Think twice about taking a job here!
The VP of HR implemented (very poorly) several programs that were very unsuccessful. He still received his bonuses while they laid off members of the site and their won HR group in attempts to save face. Seems as if the corporate HR group was clueless to what really happened in the trenches. Sounds like the board of directors has made some changes which is a positive step. The site in Ogden has so much potential, it just needs someone in charge to trust the employees to do their jobs!
Compass Minerals is a salt company that tries to be an Ag fertilizer company. There is chaos in the direction of the company, constant personnel and management changes and culture changes. The compensation is fair to good, however, management makes it impossible for salespeople to reach their goals as they are always changing. There is intimidation of employees and constant threats of firing.
Um bom local para se trabalhar, dificilmente se vê um problema entre os funcionários.
Ótima empresa com muitas oportunidades mas seria mais fácil se efetivadas
Pros
Muito boa
Cons
Nao efetiva
Empresa otima, tem promoção cada 6 meses, empresa que se preocupa com sua segurança, funcionario sempre feliz e trabalhando com vontade, nelhor empresa do vale jac2
They play favourites unprofessional supervisors unfavourable people get no oxygen or CO or NO at the supervisors discretion emission do not operate tags often removed woth no repairs completed
Poor working environment. Workplace harassment is rampant. HR and upper management doesn’t do anything about it. Always hiring the best of the worst. People quitting constantly. Poison environment. The only people who stay are the ones that can’t get a job anywhere else. Very unsafe. Only place I have worked where they had multiple workplace fatalities.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Excellent place to work. Work pace varies from stressful to calm. Great benefits and good hardworking wise people there willing to offer aid. I will miss my coworkers.
Fair and understanding management Some people in the office felt that they were entitled and acted like spoiled children, but for the most part a decent place to work.
  1. Employee reviews