Compass Group Employee Reviews

Interesting culture.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 December 2017
Initially received excellent support from management. It was impressive and encouraging. A new manager caused that culture to change drastically. What initially was a joyful place to work became painful.
Working With Compass Group
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2017
It is a warm environment, for the time I was with them, I found that the work load was too much for only one person. You need to be able to sacrifice your "Life" for this job.
Pros
wage, food, benefits
Cons
not so flexible hours
A great place to hone ones customer service skills
Housing Associate & Flight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McKay, AB1 December 2017
A wonderful place to work that taught me skills I will keep with me for the rest of my life.

I learned how to deescalate situations, how to create excel formulas to facilitate my own job and how to create a strong team dynamic.
You don’t want to work here...
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON28 November 2017
Wasted a year bending over backwards for a company who ends up belittling its employees. Not to mention also not taking any steps in reprimanding employees when it comes to the bullying and harassment policy
Management needs to step up. Something in this company NEEDS to change
Pros
Cons
bullying, unorganized management
good part time job
SUPPORT SERVICES SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2017
the management team were great but all in all the job itself did not provide the hours and stability i needed. in would recommend working there to someone who is look for a part time / summer job!
great company to work for
Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 November 2017
Compass group was a great company to work for. They had excellent benefits and also cared about your own personal home life when you are working away from your family.
The wages were good
Great people and get to watch some of the hockey games
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 November 2017
Typical day there is that u get there go to your cash register and count the money that’s in there then. We open an hour and a half before game time and just sell food. Management sucks. Always unorganized and very rude. It’s good for a first time job that’s it.
very regimented
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2017
always to follow rules.....there was no room for thinking outside the box...
Management not very present with employees...focus on bottom line.
There was always too much work for unit managers....we were responsible for the running of each unit as a business. Compensation was never great....in fact the pay was terrible for the amount of responsibility we had to carry....Everything was profit line...not much room for growth or actually enjoying your job...lots of stress.
Pros
secure jobs
Cons
very low pay
Non-productive workplace.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 November 2017
I found the the work in which we did and the salary that was paid was not worth working there. Company did not think about the needs of its employees and benifits of full time employes were not well respected.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
They come out of your paycheck after everything you do.
Is a fun workplace but lots of drama
Server (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC16 November 2017
It’s a very fun place to work at if you have minimal work experience and need more. Depends on where you work but the place I work is not very organized with hours therefore I will have to text a boss to ask when I work because they don’t organize that before hand which is pretty unprofessional
Pros
Free food
Cons
Drama
Don't bother.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON13 November 2017
Don't waste your time. Miserable people because the pay and the work is garbage.

There is too much cons to list..
People love to talk there so keep your business to yourself.
Pros
Free food/coffee
Cons
No phone service, 10 minute breaks, having to remove uniform & work shoes before breaks, Cold
Ex employee at compass group
It doesnt matter (Former Employee) –  Olds alberta9 November 2017
Would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. Management there are very rude ignorant and unprofessional women to work for. They make you feel like you are a piece of dog poo under their shoe. They dont give proper training, and you get accused of theft. all they do is harp at you. Not a friendly place to work! NO matter how hard you work you are NEVER appreciated.
The kitchen is disgusting.The food is disgusting and they have had several cases of reported food poisioning.
They need NEW management first then start building a team. Until then the problems will never be solved.
Pros
Cons
Extra hours worked and not getting paid for.
Needs better front line managers
Unit Supervisor/Chef (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 November 2017
The Operation managers need some training on how to treat workers
Need respect for the people bring their money in.
Terrible to work for, they expect you to work full hours and get paid for less if productivity is low.
Pros
.Good hours
Cons
Terrible managment
Co-workers are great, management is a tad pompous
Runner (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC8 November 2017
. could follow a routine, basically same job every single shift.
. High stress, lots of big crowds, staff are strung out after long weekends full of events
. if you were uncomfortable doing something, someone else would gladly pick up your slack.
Pros
great food made in a great kitchen
Cons
looooong hours
Decent
Employee (Current Employee) –  Canada7 November 2017
Compass Group is a decent place to start your career. Work/life balance can be difficult to achieve. Salary is below market value but you can have many open opportunities to advance at Compass if you proactively seek and ask the right questions to your manager.
Pros
Great people and open culture
Cons
High turnover. Tough work/life balance. Low salary
enjoyable
Retail Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 October 2017
I enjoyed my time with Compass group Canada, the job was suitable for my lifestyle and the staff and management were enjoyable to work with. good benefits
Pros
free lunch
Cons
pay
Great Company to work for
Senior Operations Manager/Acting General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 October 2017
Compass is a great company to work for , lots of opportunity for advancement and continual support for progression.
The culture is built on the pillars of the company ,and the core values are embraced by its employees.
The hours can be long but the rewards are great, recognition of achievements are sent from all levels with executive leadership taking time to ensure that all levels know how much their efforts are appreciated.
The sense of family and identity within the group is amazing .
Big company with many cliques. Will change when the old timers retire.
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  London20 October 2017
Big company but you only advance if you are in a clique or if you are a woman. No problem with that but being a man was not advantageous in this company generally speaking.
Entry level...for some months...then get out!!
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2017
Not an enjoyable please to work.
Pros: early shifts
Cons: crazy busy, low budget to work with...very low salary!!

"Horrendously disorganized; horrendously disjointed, and extremely disappointing."
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
Great place to gain cleaning expierence
Office Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 October 2017
Once i arrive at work i sign in, i pick up keys for janitor room and make my way upstairs. I then load cart with enough garbage bags, cloths and gloves. I fill bucket with water and pick up cleaning supplies ( Liquids to clean sink, glasses, toilets and door handles) After i finish setting up I get right to work.
Pros
Free hot chocolate
Cons
Lots of bending

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.