Compass Group Employee Reviews

Great people
Following a food guide to special needs (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC15 March 2018
The people are great and it was a fast place to work at and it was one of my favorite places to work. Very fun and I would definitely work there again.
good opportunity to grow
manager (Current Employee) –  alberta11 March 2018
Great company structure, need some help in being up to date with software applications to help managers in scheduling and inventory. I think they grew too fast and having taken over companies did not introduce the Compass way....
Pros
Great support culture
Cons
need to get to this century too much old school
Good Co workers
Heavy Duty Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Alliston Honda Canada9 March 2018
Good people management sucks they are on you anout breaks.and tou get nasty letters if you miss minor things.The clients co workers are good.but some are disrespectful.
Pros
Excellent Co workers who deserve better
Cons
Work like a slave
was a good work experience
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 March 2018
they sometimes work people hard, making them feel like they're a working slave, awesome co-workers, helpful supervisors, really good learning experiences v
Great company
Adjointe administrative (Former Employee) –  Lennoxville, QC6 March 2018
I started working for Compass Group Canada as a student. I worked part-time while going to school then full-time after. I was able to work my way up in the company and learned so much along the way. It was a fast moving business with many activities on the go, such as feeding students three meals per day, catering for banquets and wedding receptions, catering to coffee services as well as wine and cheese events.
Pros
Great company to work for
Management sees employees as a number...pay is very very low for the expected work
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2018
Hours good/benefits good
Pay and management below average
No room for advancement unless they are stuck
Great staff lounge and good training for employees
Pros
good hours..good benefits
Cons
very low pay and management not very caring..sees employee as numbers
Productive and fun workplace.
Porter (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC2 March 2018
This was my first job, I really enjoy this job to this day, management is very nice. This job is seasonal, working for 6-7 hours per shift, 2-3 days a week.
Chef was verbally abusive
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Alberta28 February 2018
In the beginning to seem like a good job but only paid a few cents above minimum wage once I started working there it was more like doing the jobs of two or three people for almost minimum wage you could work up to 8 hours a day but get paid for only 6.5 time was deducted for brakes that we were never taking because there was too much work and not enough time and also there were deductions for meals that we never got to eat on top of that the chef manager was very verbally abusive. In over a year we didn't have a single staff meeting so no one could talk about any problems and he wouldn't help us he would just let it go until he got upset and would blow up on the wrong person. Very negative and toxic work environment and the workload was very unfair. This is a huge company and they pay their management a lot of money but they pay their staff barely above minimum wage and barely give them enough hours to survive.
Pros
The residents are great
Cons
Unreal workload and very low wage, negative work environment
Do not work here!!!
Concessions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 February 2018
This company does not value their employees at all! A few steps short of slave labour. when I worked here I was encouraged to break Health codes in order to get the job done "in time". Also when I questioned the Health and safety practices, was reprimanded and disciplined by my superiors.
Pros
Cons
Horrible Management
barker assistant / food service
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 February 2018
as a part-time in university, it provided me a flexible schedule to work and study.. The workload there is not much, but still have something to learnt.
Pros
discount for food
Cons
same routine
The management makes all the employees feel unnapreciated like your just a number
Customer Service Employee (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 February 2018
Overall I would not recommend working here as the wage is not worth the negativity surrounding the work place environment which is sad bc working in a hospital it shouldn't be that way.
Pros
Steady paycheck
Cons
Shifts are all over the place no steady days or evenings
Productive/Flexible/ Hardworking
Route Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2018
Compass Group Canada is a Very nice Company they gave us 100% health Card benefits which is are dental and Drugs prescription, and one thing I love this company because a lot of over time.
A typical day at work
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 February 2018
I work there for a very long time it worse than Day Care it will drive you crazy, crazy that you surely end up on 3rd floor as in after your shift you need to meet a psychiatrist.

Because of the chaos on everyday work there
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
they will call you to go back to shift even your on break
Not a nice place to work
Food service worker (OPG) (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON20 February 2018
Unorganized management, They don't deal with any problems, They (sweep them under rug.) Favor's some people, disregards seniority.
Toxic environment. Management just don't see and care.
Pros
Love the clientel
Cons
don't get proper breaks
stressful
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  York, ON19 February 2018
early morning
not much, no opportunity of learning
poor management
multiple culture
long hour standing and less break
not much enjoy to working from here
Pros
free lunch
Cons
supper stressful
Great First Job
Skybox Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 February 2018
This job provided me with many opportunities to grow and learn a new skill on a daily basis. Management was efficient and alway considerate to the needs of their employees as well as the satisfaction of the customer.
Parents wark full-time part time
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
I am currently working in aveda International Saudi Arabia.I want to come to work in Canada.I have to stay six months in Saudi.After that I would like to come to Canada
Pros
Normal
great everyday job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  burnaby28 January 2018
straightforward work
easy tasks for everyone
approachable management
flexible days off
great pay but no commission
great, regular customers
set schedule
Associates or Supervisors
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 January 2018
No union, so they can move you around anywhere. Do not treat employees fair. Cut hours when sales aren’t their. Work quality his horrible. Pay is not worth the headache, push you to get the job done. Always cutting hours and never give help where need. Tell you if you don’t like your job their is the door.
Pros
Cons
Everything all about being in the money
It is a friendly and fast paced workplace. a very fulfilling sense of pride with my coworkers
Waste collection in housekeeping dept NRGH (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC24 January 2018
Compass is a great company to work for... it has benefits comparable to other good companies. Staff is happy and friendly supervisors and bosses.
Coworkers cared about each other. If someone became seriously ill or had family emergency we all came together to help in whatever way possible with efforts from our supervisors
They care about our safety and have safety meetings everyday.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
I can’t say there are any cons. I have worked for them and loved it there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.