Compass Group

Compass Group Work-life balance reviews

It is a very fast paced, remote environment, allowing you to excel in leadership. There are always challenging moments to educate tou along the way. It is a great company which offers growth opportunities.
Over all a horrible company to work for. No respect for their employees. Very, very selfish. You have one life, don't waste it working for this company.
Very professional, great people, very helpful in your work development.Always ready to guide you in the right path. Very on hands work in a fast paced environment.
It was the best place I ever worked the environment crew and salary made me want to go to work everyday everywhere should be like this when they pick up the near future with newer projects if I'm not currently working or satisfied with my job I'll be definitely trying to get a placement pack at the company.
The senior management of this company encourages growth and therefore allows people to learn and develop their skills. There are training programs and processes that the company has put in place to help associates grow
If you like way to much work than you can handle unsafe working conditions and management that takes pleasure in making everyone feeling like trash this is the company for you. We were alerted there was a bear on site and sent to work outside with no cell phones or radios. Came around the corner between trailers and heard growling my boss was offsite.
Cons
Company spending more on safety of employees and clients more then any other organization in world . Lots of online sources to training . Need some real training programs .
Bad environment to work in and bad management And just rude co workers and when you missed a day everyone would look at you like you have done something wrong . Worked there over a year and through covid and did a lot of overtime and they just let me go when I was on shift one day, for nothing . I would never work for this company again . Over work people and no appreciation.
Cons
Long hours, not good pay, over works people, bad management
Love working as a supervisor within one of their school clients. Staff are greats students are great. Work and life balance if great. No complaints they are fantastic.
Pros
Work life, pay
Cons
Good for young entry level work experience, a lot of turnover and a lack of training, many wheels turning in a large company, supervisors and managers were approachable and helpful, food service and catering was good experience, however not much pay
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Compensation
It is good place to work and it mostly day time work and happy work place. Monday to Friday and some emergency calls too, Good environment to learn more new staff and skills.
Working in Belleville, ON. Management can't listen to what is being said, lack of communication skills. HR is awful and can not be contacted. The union environment does not help. Keep useless employees and lay off people who work hard. Current raise being offered of 0.15 cents an hour is pitiful.
Environnement positif et agréable Endroit très occupé. Super belle interaction avec la direction. Belle clientèle. Début du travail un peu tôt (6h30). Caisse presque toute la journée. 1 gros rush pour le dîner. Tâches diverses comme préparer le bar à salade et l’enlever à la fin du quart de travail; nettoyage régulier et aide aux autres employés de la cafétéria, remplissage et autres choses connexes. En fin de compte, je trouve toutes les tâches agréables à part passer le balai.
Pros
2 repas à 1, 69$ par jour, plan d’assurances
Cons
Courtes pauses, salaire minimum
A typical work day in compass group of company is a productive day. We always have a busy schedule ahead. We try to accommodate all the meetings and serve them well. All my workmates including my manager are fun to be with.
They are easy to get along with. If u have a problem they sit with you and talk about it. Very understanding.. I have been there for 13 years .. they treat u like a part of a family .. We all work together.
Aside from one not-so-great manager, I really enjoyed my time working for Compass Group. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to work for a company with lots of potential growth opportunities.
I enjoyed the people I worked with. The time flew by everyday.We worked together as a team. I was promised more hours then I got but the covid 19 hit and put everything on hold
I find at least we’re in located that the work space is tense and not very clear on communication, hardly anyone is told what they should be told until that person is asking management themselves. The rules are bent a lot by certain people that just get away with it because no one really cares and I feel like people are often dismissed for speaking up about certain issues. It was a great place in the beginning but I’ve begun to start disliking it after a while
As I previously mentioned its a great place to work. Great environment. Lots of learning every day with the every day challenges. I personally feel its a great place with lots of opportunities in coming future.
Compas group pays well but you have no life outside of work or time with your family. July and August I worked everyday no day off 10+ hrs a day. Later I was one 20 day work 10 days off schedule. The time away from family wasn’t worth it.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Little time with family
its a corporate company so they expect you to be a yes-man and go and beyond for everything. Its a good schedule (mon-fri daytime) but the salary and benefits is way under the average offered in the market.