Compass Group

Compass Group Pay & benefits reviews

Compass is a good company but also pays you minimum for doing more than your suppose to. I as a manager now get 16 after fighting for wages to go higher instead of minimum because I had a bigger work load. The environment is good if around good people. Would recommend if you want this as a half day job. Shifts are between 7am and 1pm depending on your title and job. Benefits only apply after 6 months. Free food comes of pay check unless you opt out but still pay out of pocket. Good benefits for spouse and kids. Take a lot off the pay check though and pays bi weekly. Heavy work load and fast pace environment. Need to be able to serve and work with teens. Also requires vulnerable sector check. Training paid and required upon hire.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Between 4 to 6hrs monday to friday
CGC is cheap with their employees. They will stretch your hours and refuse you overtime at any cost. They will continuously add more work to your plate, even once you've maxed out. I had to wait 2 and a half years for a raise and never got a performance review after asking several times. I only got a raise because myself and a group of my colleagues wrote an open letter to management that the employees we supervise were making more than us. I've met people who have worked at Compass in the same role as myself for 10 years and make barely more than I do. I highly recommend you look elsewhere. There's a reason CGC is a revolving door...
Cons
Stress, poor pay, no OT
I won't sugar coat it, Compass Group is the worst company I have ever worked for. There are no pay raises, no advancement, and no incentives. Upper management makes it abundantly clear that they are there to make a profit, not to help resolve issues or to support their employees in any way. Employees are regularly thrown under the bus by management due to their own negligence. We are required to work hours outside of what is stated in our contract, and to go along with last minute schedule changes without being consulted first. Rules change daily without notification, and employees are written up for things that they were never made aware of. Training is almost non-existent and done by regular entry-level employees who are not qualified nor compensated for this extra task, rather than a supervisor or management.I could go on and on, but there is genuinely no benefit to working here other than being able to survive. It is an awful and degrading work environment.
Pros
Cons
No wage increases, no advancement, no communication, no consistency, required to be available outside of the work hours stated in contract, poor work culture, poor management
Its pretty decent job. But hospitality is never a permanent job. We were closed for more than five months and it was hard to be without a job. Management is considerate. They understand your situation and help you as much as they can.
Pros
Don't your food.
Cons
Slightly lower salary
It was the best place I ever worked the environment crew and salary made me want to go to work everyday everywhere should be like this when they pick up the near future with newer projects if I'm not currently working or satisfied with my job I'll be definitely trying to get a placement pack at the company.
Awful. Pay sucks, benefits are archaic. Did absolutely nothing for the workers during the pandemic. Disorganized and all there systems are also pen and paper old school. To cheap to update and streamline. Don’t work for them
Cons
Bad environment to work in and bad management And just rude co workers and when you missed a day everyone would look at you like you have done something wrong . Worked there over a year and through covid and did a lot of overtime and they just let me go when I was on shift one day, for nothing . I would never work for this company again . Over work people and no appreciation.
Cons
Long hours, not good pay, over works people, bad management
A wonderful place to work, Bosses are very nice and they give you motivation.Good commissions which is very feasible to achieve. Happy , kind working environment. No stress or demanding job requirements and you just do the best you can. If you know the information about all the wonderful benefits most people would like to get one.
I started with compass over 6 weeks ago and still have not received my pay I do not know how this company expects their employees to be able to pay there bills, I would highly recommend not working for this company it took me having to threaten labour board to get any information
Pros
Cons
Don’t pay employees
Good for young entry level work experience, a lot of turnover and a lack of training, many wheels turning in a large company, supervisors and managers were approachable and helpful, food service and catering was good experience, however not much pay
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Compensation
Never got paid on time....told me the check was in the mail because I started in mid cycle....Expect almost 4 weeks before you get your first pay. They are very vague on pay periods when you start, and then you get laced with...."It's in the Mail" on your pay day when you call to see why you did not get your direct deposit. They expect you to work many weeks with no pay...Still waiting for that check!
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of employees
Disgusting company to work for. They pay you less and expect more out of you. The manager at priory hospital is horrible never appreciates hard work, treats staff like slaves. She bullies people. The management uses people to their benefits and ditches off after purpose is met. They don't care about staffs efforts.
Pros
Union
Cons
Poor wages, Bullying
I think all the employees at the compass group should be paid more we do do a lot for what we get paid for but the people we work with are great and all the upper level management are great as well
Pros
Full-time work
Cons
They don't pay employees what they deserve
Working in Belleville, ON. Management can't listen to what is being said, lack of communication skills. HR is awful and can not be contacted. The union environment does not help. Keep useless employees and lay off people who work hard. Current raise being offered of 0.15 cents an hour is pitiful.
not a bad company. just some of the management expect unrealistic things on very short notice and it feels as though you are doing there job for them.
Pros
great hours
Cons
get deducted off check for food
Environnement positif et agréable Endroit très occupé. Super belle interaction avec la direction. Belle clientèle. Début du travail un peu tôt (6h30). Caisse presque toute la journée. 1 gros rush pour le dîner. Tâches diverses comme préparer le bar à salade et l’enlever à la fin du quart de travail; nettoyage régulier et aide aux autres employés de la cafétéria, remplissage et autres choses connexes. En fin de compte, je trouve toutes les tâches agréables à part passer le balai.
Pros
2 repas à 1, 69$ par jour, plan d’assurances
Cons
Courtes pauses, salaire minimum
good company overall to work for. Strong company culture with good training overall. Head office support any time you require for various areas such as Loss Prevention, Quality, Food safety.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
longer hours some days
Used to work for Compass Canada at Brentwood Mall in Burnaby. Soon after they took over Marquise Facilities weekly hours were cut and wages stayed a little bit over minimum wage. Constantly keeping workers under the number of hours required for full medical and dental benefits. They pray on cheap immigrant labor. Managers were the worst part and worst experience. Still, I don't know how their human recourse manager got hired? Managers, account managers, supervisors are bullies. Company to avoid.
Not the best place to work in my opinion , yes its unionized so it has job security and full benefits that cover 80% of everything but management then was a joke
Pros
unionized and full benefits
Cons
THEN could have been ran better went through several different bosses in the 10yr was there, zero chances for promotions
its a corporate company so they expect you to be a yes-man and go and beyond for everything. Its a good schedule (mon-fri daytime) but the salary and benefits is way under the average offered in the market.
Bad Been there 8 years and we have lost more than we have gained. Union based .. but the union is not fairly representing. Despite the wage .. it is still lower than all other hospitals