Compass Group

3.0Pay & benefits

Found 263 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,059 reviews
canadafoodgroupwagestaffmealfreeshift

Security Guard

A well payed job and decent salary. Work was typical and what was expected out of you. Nothing really more to say on this except do your job right and you get paid accordingly.

Fun

Good quality. They give importance to their employee. They also provide benefits and they are considerate. They are responsive to any questions you ask.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Insights into Compass Group

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Dont do it!! Not the best place to work

Management is awful. Get full time hours as soon as you want them. Lots of work to be done in most areas of the hospital. The work is easy and lots of it. It's a pay check.

Pros

Non

Cheap company, egoistic managers

Was previously hired by Aramark, and Compass Group took the contract for our location. Absolutely terrible management, unable to handle anything yet asking for more out of myself and my team. Huge pay cut to come back and do the same job. ($5/hr difference)Very hard to motivate team when they are not paid enough for the work they do. No incentive programs. 6 months for a benefits package, on our first day were told 3 months. Some staff are not paid overtime and must do do split shifts of 16 hours. Extremely cheap and sketchy company that has no idea how to run a large operation. I am leaving feeling unappreciated, underpaid and not respected as a worker.

Unorganized and chaotic

They expect you to do so much work and when you ask for a raise to compensate they tell you they aren't able to give you one because of the pandemic and it's not within their budget. Upper management have their heads jammed so far up their behinds that they literally have no idea what's going on or how to effectively manage their unit. They ignore emails and dislike confrontation so they'll never get back to you about questions you may have asked weeks ago. Your job position is unclear and you're expected to do the jobs of at least 3-5 people at a time. I wouldn't recommend working for compass even to my worst enemy because even they deserve better than working at such a poorly run organization.

Pros

Cons

Everything. It's trash.

Not Worth it to work with Marquise

Compass works hard to make the client happy and is willing to get rid of the employee as long as clients are happy. - Workdays are stressful - No capacity building for employees- NOt much of benefits for staff

Pros

Na

Cons

stressful, no room for improvement, Cheap

Not a good place to work. Not at all.

Poor management, the turnover of management teams is high. During COVID time, this company did not do their best to accommodate staffs to have jobs to get through the tough time. Job security is low and no place for career advancement.

Pros

Free meals (although they still charge a small amount for this)

Cons

No diversity, heavy workload, low pay.

Fun work place but bad salary

currently everything is a mess there, but the workers make a good work environment, the pay is almost enough to rent a small house. Poor benefits after 3 months.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Short staff

Camp job

Nice pay with good benefits. Some shifts are long as you work from 10 yo 12 hours a day and rotational shift 14/14 or 21/7. They pay higher rate comparing to other company and the stay is free. And food is free with free flights to camp site from your home area. Good management team involvement with the staff sometimes it has politics but its only in the mind if you want to get involve with the politics or just work. You have workload that is doable for the 10 or 12 hour shift with breaktimes. Always have to work safe.

Supportive and very high standard in health and safety

Great company except getting salary increase takes a long time and sometimes work is too much and does not worth the amount of salary your getting. Overall management and people you work with are awesome.

Great place to work!

Great company! Management is wonderful as well! Always with an “open door” policy, if you have any issues or concerns. Travel is all paid for which is an added bonus and also benefits after 6 months!

Pros

No expenses

Cons

Away from home 20 days

Toxic work environment but your mileage may vary.

Your experience will vary depending on which contract/site you work at. Pay is low but if you need something to get by it will do while you search for a better opportunity.

Cons

Always understaffed

A very flexible company willing to accommodate you and when you can work. Very nice management, but pay is quite low

A great work culture with friendly co-workers and managers who genuinely care about accomodating your schedule and when you can work. It is mostly basic food service work that can be very slow or fast-paced based on how busy the location is. They provide free lunches but overall the pay is minimum wage and not nearly enough to make a living even if working full time.

Pros

Free Lunches Kind and thoughtful Managers Accommodates your schedule

Cons

Poor pay

Compass provides many opportunities for variety and advancement with many client businesses.

I always feel valued and my opinion is sought regularly on the day to day operations. We have a cohesive enjoyable team that feels like family. Regular team meetings are helpful to brainstorm and ensure that the whole team is involved and informed. During the pandemic, I feel the company has been committed in looking after all their associates; hourly and salary. The future looks promising.

Pros

Good food, good fun, good culture

Cons

Some long days, some difficult people. But you find that in every industry.

It was decent.

I worked as a part-time cleaner at one of their locations in Burlington in the first half of 2021. My experience is as follows:My typical routine was fairly standard for the position, and pretty much everything to be expected of a cleaning position; going through a schedule of different cleaning tasks throughout the day on an assigned route.The pay could have been better given that I was working in a hospital in the midst of a pandemic (marginally higher than minimum wage), and some variation in work assignments would have helped keep things a bit interesting, as going through the exact same list of tasks almost every shift felt somewhat repetitive and monotonous after a while.I don't have much to say in regards to the work culture or management, as I didn't work there for very long, normally worked alone, and on a part-time basis at that. But the people I met were nice and helpful, and gave me what I needed to to my job.There was one significant benefit; I was able to get consistent shifts on the days I was looking for, so it fit into my schedule very well, and gave me stable side work.My overall experience working for Compass Group was okay; the job itself was pretty simple and straightforward, and easy to get used to, but fairly repetitive, and couldn't help but feel like a grind. The people were good, but not the pay. But this is a good option for someone looking for steady, part-time work, so if I were to recommend this position to anyone, it would be mainly for that reason.

Pros

Nice people - co-workers and (in my experience) management alike, flexible and accommodating work schedule with steady hours.

Cons

Compensation was mediocre, work felt like a grind sometimes, and I had to pay for parking (at least where I worked).

Great Temporary Job - Awful Long Term Job

It was an awful experience . I’d suggest if you are looking for a long-term place to work - look elsewhere . If you need something short-term - and you can handle an abusive and hostile environment - then by all means apply .

Pros

Subsistence Based Paycheques

Cons

Too many to list here

Productive and work fun place

I am a starbucks barista for almost 6 years, I can is It was good. Busy location, people come and go. we dont time to entertain the customer. I learned alot.

Horrible job

Stressful and everyone is rude. The amount of work you do compared to what you’re paid is ridiculous, would not recommend at all. Toxic workplace. No one is friendly

not good

not a good company to work with. no benefits at all after working for 8 months, you never heard from the management regarding benefits at all. not even discussing it.

Terrible, no one recognizes hard work and experience

I worked for this company for 6 months after it was a take over from my original owner of whom I worked for 13 years. Allot of false promises were made. Wage was horrible for someone who had many years experience to see new job postings for similar making more for the same Company. No one recognized hard work and experience. Not family oriented, or flexible with having a family at home when it came to caring for sick kids ect. Just another number in their pool of staff all across the world.

benefits

Cons

Awful wage, allot of policies. Everything had a rule and policy too many!

Terrible experience

Worked for them for 5 years , The schedule was perfect for me since it was in a school , But ur just a number and salary is ridiculous. One of my employee had 25 years in the company and was still with minimum salary , when they struggle with money they fire people over RIDICULOUS reasons , they are very 2 faced. They are always looking for people cause nobody get advancement. No free lunch , still had to pay for it , Had to go bank deposit on my own time and gas ...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement