Compass Group

Compass Group Management reviews

Very unorganizedDo not show appreciation..ect Christmas party, Christmas card unless someone complained about itSome management or fantasticSome are boot lickers
Pros
Just a job
Cons
Unappreciated
Was in management brought up sales and just tossed me aside because a problematic manager with 20+ years had no where to go so took my unit. Don't give this place your blood and sweat. Good luck surviving this pandemic.
Pros
Cons
Will get rid of you just to save a severance package.
CGC is cheap with their employees. They will stretch your hours and refuse you overtime at any cost. They will continuously add more work to your plate, even once you've maxed out. I had to wait 2 and a half years for a raise and never got a performance review after asking several times. I only got a raise because myself and a group of my colleagues wrote an open letter to management that the employees we supervise were making more than us. I've met people who have worked at Compass in the same role as myself for 10 years and make barely more than I do. I highly recommend you look elsewhere. There's a reason CGC is a revolving door...
Cons
Stress, poor pay, no OT
I won't sugar coat it, Compass Group is the worst company I have ever worked for. There are no pay raises, no advancement, and no incentives. Upper management makes it abundantly clear that they are there to make a profit, not to help resolve issues or to support their employees in any way. Employees are regularly thrown under the bus by management due to their own negligence. We are required to work hours outside of what is stated in our contract, and to go along with last minute schedule changes without being consulted first. Rules change daily without notification, and employees are written up for things that they were never made aware of. Training is almost non-existent and done by regular entry-level employees who are not qualified nor compensated for this extra task, rather than a supervisor or management.I could go on and on, but there is genuinely no benefit to working here other than being able to survive. It is an awful and degrading work environment.
Pros
Cons
No wage increases, no advancement, no communication, no consistency, required to be available outside of the work hours stated in contract, poor work culture, poor management
Over all a horrible company to work for. No respect for their employees. Very, very selfish. You have one life, don't waste it working for this company.
Hospitality associates are overworked, disrespected, and underpaid. The job is mentally and physically exhausting and you get little to no help. If you care about your wellbeing stay away from this job.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Working alone
Many of the good workers do not get the respect they deserve nor the pay increase. Lazy, troubled workers, and suck ups are the best treated. I worked with the company about 11 years and seen this for myself. I left the company because upper management did not listen to me about former bad workers (they knew all about them and the issues) and rehired them and gave them promotion. I had a good reputation with the company but that ended pretty quickly. Thanks Compass. Maybe I will join the many intelligent good workers who went elsewhere. I gave my heart and soul to you. Worked extra hours beyond my daily hourly shift and never and I mean never asked for extra overtime money.
Its pretty decent job. But hospitality is never a permanent job. We were closed for more than five months and it was hard to be without a job. Management is considerate. They understand your situation and help you as much as they can.
Pros
Don't your food.
Cons
Slightly lower salary
if you wanna work for a low rate of pay.and over worked! this the job for you! and no one is supervising.and supervising on your own. its the number 1 worst company in the world!! the cheapest.dont care if your bathrooms etc in hospitals are clean.dont sit down on any toilet and expect it to be clean and sanitized!
Pros
Cons
all the above
Management above me were ruthless and nasty people to work with. Quit after only 3 months. Eventhough the workers under me were unionized they were treated like second rate citizens by upper management. Do not recommend working here for anyone.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Horrible company do not work for them you will be belittled at every chance district managers rapidly change so you never know who you are really addressing to
Pros
Odd free food
Cons
The upper management DM'S
The company doesn't take care of their management team. It is sad because management is very loyal and willing to succeed. Compass doesn't compensate their management team accordingly. I don't recommend to work for them as part of management team. But I was grateful that I had a job and awesome staff.
The senior management of this company encourages growth and therefore allows people to learn and develop their skills. There are training programs and processes that the company has put in place to help associates grow
If you like way to much work than you can handle unsafe working conditions and management that takes pleasure in making everyone feeling like trash this is the company for you. We were alerted there was a bear on site and sent to work outside with no cell phones or radios. Came around the corner between trailers and heard growling my boss was offsite.
Cons
Awful. Pay sucks, benefits are archaic. Did absolutely nothing for the workers during the pandemic. Disorganized and all there systems are also pen and paper old school. To cheap to update and streamline. Don’t work for them
Cons
Bad environment to work in and bad management And just rude co workers and when you missed a day everyone would look at you like you have done something wrong . Worked there over a year and through covid and did a lot of overtime and they just let me go when I was on shift one day, for nothing . I would never work for this company again . Over work people and no appreciation.
Cons
Long hours, not good pay, over works people, bad management
I started with compass over 6 weeks ago and still have not received my pay I do not know how this company expects their employees to be able to pay there bills, I would highly recommend not working for this company it took me having to threaten labour board to get any information
Pros
Cons
Don’t pay employees
Do not waste your precious time here. The toxic work culture, bullying, and favouritism is not worth a second. There is 0 chances of wage progression. What you start with is what you're stuck with and I promise you, you will never make more than minimum wage unless you work midnights. Managers will belittle you, lie straight to your face, play favourites and only acknowledge your work negatively. The lack of respect for their employees is impeccable. Your pay will often be tampered with and you will be offered nothing but excuses when confronted. Occasional weekend work is a joke! Expect to work up to three out of four weekends a month on top of your full time hours (Without your shift premium if you regularly work an afternoon shift). The environment is dirty, rarely properly cleaned, food being served is OFTEN questionable and OFTEN reused from up to days prior and you will be forced to serve it so the company can save a buck. They will take money off your pay for a "meal plan" but half the menu will be off limits to employees. You will endure all kinds of abuse from unhappy customers daily and you will never be anything but miserable showing up to this job. If you value yourself and your time, stay far away from here.
Pros
Some of the lovely co-workers
Cons
Everything else imaginable
Upper management does not care for you. The direct managers and supervisors (except one) were fine. The attitude and mindset of upper management is basically "shut up and do what we ask you and if you don't like it then leave because there are thousands of other people looking for work" They think there is a limited job market out there and you are stuck working for them and they rest on that.
Pros
Cons
There are jobs that pay more for doing less than this position, Upper management does not respect you, couple bucks more than minimum wage
While working here I can honestly say I really enjoyed my job. My co-workers became good friends and I always looked forward to going to work. The only down side is that I believe the pay is incredibly unfair due to the amount of work you do aswell as the amount of personal health risks you take working in certain areas. Personally I worked in the OR and had alot of different contaminated rooms that I had to clean with contaminats that could poss a huge risk to my health. Aslong as you are confident in your education on how you us PPE correctly and you always make safety your highest priority than you should be just fine :)))
Pros
Great staff and decent management
Cons
Inadequate pay
If you showed you could be a great asset to the organization in multiple areas of work, they will persistently want to use, abuse and almost work you to death for shifty pay. Culture of horrible favoritism.
Pros
Cons
Hateful people, from top. Especially mid level managers.