Compass Group

Compass Group Job security & advancement reviews

It is a very fast paced, remote environment, allowing you to excel in leadership. There are always challenging moments to educate tou along the way. It is a great company which offers growth opportunities.
My review was very helpful, giving me professional value in my performance and showing interest to grow within the company with my experience acquired in the years that I have worked for the Compass Group.
CGC is cheap with their employees. They will stretch your hours and refuse you overtime at any cost. They will continuously add more work to your plate, even once you've maxed out. I had to wait 2 and a half years for a raise and never got a performance review after asking several times. I only got a raise because myself and a group of my colleagues wrote an open letter to management that the employees we supervise were making more than us. I've met people who have worked at Compass in the same role as myself for 10 years and make barely more than I do. I highly recommend you look elsewhere. There's a reason CGC is a revolving door...
Cons
Stress, poor pay, no OT
I won't sugar coat it, Compass Group is the worst company I have ever worked for. There are no pay raises, no advancement, and no incentives. Upper management makes it abundantly clear that they are there to make a profit, not to help resolve issues or to support their employees in any way. Employees are regularly thrown under the bus by management due to their own negligence. We are required to work hours outside of what is stated in our contract, and to go along with last minute schedule changes without being consulted first. Rules change daily without notification, and employees are written up for things that they were never made aware of. Training is almost non-existent and done by regular entry-level employees who are not qualified nor compensated for this extra task, rather than a supervisor or management.I could go on and on, but there is genuinely no benefit to working here other than being able to survive. It is an awful and degrading work environment.
Pros
Cons
No wage increases, no advancement, no communication, no consistency, required to be available outside of the work hours stated in contract, poor work culture, poor management
Many of the good workers do not get the respect they deserve nor the pay increase. Lazy, troubled workers, and suck ups are the best treated. I worked with the company about 11 years and seen this for myself. I left the company because upper management did not listen to me about former bad workers (they knew all about them and the issues) and rehired them and gave them promotion. I had a good reputation with the company but that ended pretty quickly. Thanks Compass. Maybe I will join the many intelligent good workers who went elsewhere. I gave my heart and soul to you. Worked extra hours beyond my daily hourly shift and never and I mean never asked for extra overtime money.
It was the best place I ever worked the environment crew and salary made me want to go to work everyday everywhere should be like this when they pick up the near future with newer projects if I'm not currently working or satisfied with my job I'll be definitely trying to get a placement pack at the company.
The senior management of this company encourages growth and therefore allows people to learn and develop their skills. There are training programs and processes that the company has put in place to help associates grow
I was hired as a Grill assistant / Dishwasher. At the time of interview I was told that on joining them I would be presented with a small barbecue equipment as gift. Even after completing 2 months I did not receive it. On reporting to the manager I was told it will be enquired of the delay. After a couple of days I was told that it was given to someone else. I was then given a spring jacket. After a first wash it wasn’t worth wearing. The quality of the jacket u can imagine how it was. I stuck with this job as I had week ends off as it was a college cafeteria. I loved to cook and enjoyed working at the Grill and at times in the Kitchen making Indian food (butter chicken)
Pros
Got to learn from the chef.
Cons
Underpaid for the work u do.
I highly recommend! I wish I knew about Compass 15 years ago!!! Really! You get full time or part time hours, days, areas, shifts that fit YOUR schedule. You can go to school/another job. I have met and made new friends with other Hospital Employees (not Compass employees), I have learned so much Medicine, I really do LOVE it! It’s like working in Grey’s Anatomy! My managers here in Vancouver (VGH) are really patient and always helpful. Everyone is so nice! I really wish I knew about this job years ago!!!!
Pros
Many shifts available
Cons
Good for young entry level work experience, a lot of turnover and a lack of training, many wheels turning in a large company, supervisors and managers were approachable and helpful, food service and catering was good experience, however not much pay
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Compensation
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Compass Group?
Working in Belleville, ON. Management can't listen to what is being said, lack of communication skills. HR is awful and can not be contacted. The union environment does not help. Keep useless employees and lay off people who work hard. Current raise being offered of 0.15 cents an hour is pitiful.
Sadly this has now burned bridges for me working for compass anywhere because they are petty. I ended up quitting and they put me on a do not hire list.
Aside from one not-so-great manager, I really enjoyed my time working for Compass Group. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to work for a company with lots of potential growth opportunities.
Depending on your sector you will wish you had more hours in the day. Very fast-paced and demanding. Management fairly compensates hard work and promotions occur frequently.
Worked on a short term project. Interview process was straight forward. Work is fast paced but sometimes not very collaborative. If you enjoy working independently this is an ideal place to work.
Not the best place to work in my opinion , yes its unionized so it has job security and full benefits that cover 80% of everything but management then was a joke
Pros
unionized and full benefits
Cons
THEN could have been ran better went through several different bosses in the 10yr was there, zero chances for promotions
Mostly working with our coworkers.I am interested and well experienced in camp activities , so I shared my experience and learn from your experience .
As I previously mentioned its a great place to work. Great environment. Lots of learning every day with the every day challenges. I personally feel its a great place with lots of opportunities in coming future.
good place for starting job. Gives you a basis for starting your working career. management is fair. work environment is good. merit based working structure.
Facet paced, but again depends on location to location, unionized, not much room to grow, good work-life balance, stressful and cyclic, they need to keep up to promises and not underestimate the capabilities of an individual.
No room for advancement. Management is really not the best. If you are sick, provide documentation or you'll probably get fired!.........................................
  1. Job Security & Advancement