Compass Group

Compass Group Culture reviews

good company overall to work for. Strong company culture with good training overall. Head office support any time you require for various areas such as Loss Prevention, Quality, Food safety.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
longer hours some days
I won't sugar coat it, Compass Group is the worst company I have ever worked for. There are no pay raises, no advancement, and no incentives. Upper management makes it abundantly clear that they are there to make a profit, not to help resolve issues or to support their employees in any way. Employees are regularly thrown under the bus by management due to their own negligence. We are required to work hours outside of what is stated in our contract, and to go along with last minute schedule changes without being consulted first. Rules change daily without notification, and employees are written up for things that they were never made aware of. Training is almost non-existent and done by regular entry-level employees who are not qualified nor compensated for this extra task, rather than a supervisor or management.I could go on and on, but there is genuinely no benefit to working here other than being able to survive. It is an awful and degrading work environment.
Pros
Cons
No wage increases, no advancement, no communication, no consistency, required to be available outside of the work hours stated in contract, poor work culture, poor management
The company doesn't take care of their management team. It is sad because management is very loyal and willing to succeed. Compass doesn't compensate their management team accordingly. I don't recommend to work for them as part of management team. But I was grateful that I had a job and awesome staff.
A wonderful place to work, Bosses are very nice and they give you motivation.Good commissions which is very feasible to achieve. Happy , kind working environment. No stress or demanding job requirements and you just do the best you can. If you know the information about all the wonderful benefits most people would like to get one.
Do not waste your precious time here. The toxic work culture, bullying, and favouritism is not worth a second. There is 0 chances of wage progression. What you start with is what you're stuck with and I promise you, you will never make more than minimum wage unless you work midnights. Managers will belittle you, lie straight to your face, play favourites and only acknowledge your work negatively. The lack of respect for their employees is impeccable. Your pay will often be tampered with and you will be offered nothing but excuses when confronted. Occasional weekend work is a joke! Expect to work up to three out of four weekends a month on top of your full time hours (Without your shift premium if you regularly work an afternoon shift). The environment is dirty, rarely properly cleaned, food being served is OFTEN questionable and OFTEN reused from up to days prior and you will be forced to serve it so the company can save a buck. They will take money off your pay for a "meal plan" but half the menu will be off limits to employees. You will endure all kinds of abuse from unhappy customers daily and you will never be anything but miserable showing up to this job. If you value yourself and your time, stay far away from here.
Pros
Some of the lovely co-workers
Cons
Everything else imaginable
If you showed you could be a great asset to the organization in multiple areas of work, they will persistently want to use, abuse and almost work you to death for shifty pay. Culture of horrible favoritism.
Pros
Cons
Hateful people, from top. Especially mid level managers.
Love working as a supervisor within one of their school clients. Staff are greats students are great. Work and life balance if great. No complaints they are fantastic.
Pros
Work life, pay
Cons
très accueillent bonne communication travail en équipe
Pros
communication
Cons
moins de temps
Environnement positif et agréable Endroit très occupé. Super belle interaction avec la direction. Belle clientèle. Début du travail un peu tôt (6h30). Caisse presque toute la journée. 1 gros rush pour le dîner. Tâches diverses comme préparer le bar à salade et l’enlever à la fin du quart de travail; nettoyage régulier et aide aux autres employés de la cafétéria, remplissage et autres choses connexes. En fin de compte, je trouve toutes les tâches agréables à part passer le balai.
Pros
2 repas à 1, 69$ par jour, plan d’assurances
Cons
Courtes pauses, salaire minimum
I've truly enjoyed working for compass group canada. I've grown and learnt so much because of their training and management procedures. I would certainly recommend this as a great place to work.
Pros
Support
Cons
I enjoy working at compass, with more people than hallmark, it is always a typical day of work, i learn to adapt with their culture and background, we worked as a team and independently.
I really enjoyed working in a friendly team environment. The shifts are usually 8 hours but at my location, you only get 2-3 shifts a week. Management is appreciative of its staff.
A good place to work Got well training Supportive staff members Great teamwork and management Provide great customer service by a staff Get respect from staff
Compass Group Canada, challenges individuals to do their best. If you have time to lean, you have time to clean. This allowed for a more productive and fluid, workplace environment. The company was well organized and held events for their employees. We were all part of a team.
A typical work day with the Compass Group was a fast paced environment which was not too stressful. Cash handling and customer service skills were learned. Management and workplace culture is very friendly and collaborative. The hardest part of this job was working during a 'lunch rush' which required all hands on deck. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people, especially children.
Management doesn't ensure proper training of associates nor follows up with associates on work performed within an appropriate time frame. When you can't work despite having an extremely relevant reason not to (and provide proof), you will be met with an unprofessional response and be made to feel guilty. Work culture is bleak at best, everyone seems to be waiting to find something better and most seem extremely unhappy to be working there.
A typical day I had at work started at 10am and ended at 8pm. It involved coming in assessing the daily menu and figuring out what needed to be done for today's meal as well as what prep was needed for tomorrow's or the day afters. I learned how to prep and cook a meal for 2000. The workplace culture was very formal in the front end of the house, in front of the customer, but very informal in the back of house amongst the cooks. Management was always hit-or-miss, some years you had great managers, others you had ones who tried to pinch pennies and micromanage to look good in front of their bosses. The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie between the cooks.
The area to clean is designated by facilities management and it is understood by me. I provide the best work effort I can in the time allotted. My colleagues also help me when I need help, and I believe that is the way it should be. The areas are evenly distributed and everyone cares.
I really enjoyed working at Ottawa u for compass group very friendly great benefits friendly staff and management Breaks were always prompt and food was always done and prepared fresh
la haute direction, se moque des employés syndiqués. L'été le budget est même pas assez élevé pour notre propre salaire, le profit est en premier plan au détriment du bien-être des employés et clients .
unfriendly culture. Poor job recognition and only people connected with upper management ,have an opportunity to grow advance within the organization. Many talented management are leaving the company.