Compass Group

Compass Group Employee Reviews

I worked in a nursing home for Compass Group.The staff there were remarkable, and they still are. Front line facing this horrible virus.My heart goes out to essential service providers through this pandemic.Keeping our most vulnerable safe.Kudos
Pros
Help when needed
Cons
Finnish work in allotted hours
Was in management brought up sales and just tossed me aside because a problematic manager with 20+ years had no where to go so took my unit. Don't give this place your blood and sweat. Good luck surviving this pandemic.
Pros
Cons
Will get rid of you just to save a severance package.
My review was very helpful, giving me professional value in my performance and showing interest to grow within the company with my experience acquired in the years that I have worked for the Compass Group.
CGC is cheap with their employees. They will stretch your hours and refuse you overtime at any cost. They will continuously add more work to your plate, even once you've maxed out. I had to wait 2 and a half years for a raise and never got a performance review after asking several times. I only got a raise because myself and a group of my colleagues wrote an open letter to management that the employees we supervise were making more than us. I've met people who have worked at Compass in the same role as myself for 10 years and make barely more than I do. I highly recommend you look elsewhere. There's a reason CGC is a revolving door...
Cons
Stress, poor pay, no OT
I won't sugar coat it, Compass Group is the worst company I have ever worked for. There are no pay raises, no advancement, and no incentives. Upper management makes it abundantly clear that they are there to make a profit, not to help resolve issues or to support their employees in any way. Employees are regularly thrown under the bus by management due to their own negligence. We are required to work hours outside of what is stated in our contract, and to go along with last minute schedule changes without being consulted first. Rules change daily without notification, and employees are written up for things that they were never made aware of. Training is almost non-existent and done by regular entry-level employees who are not qualified nor compensated for this extra task, rather than a supervisor or management.I could go on and on, but there is genuinely no benefit to working here other than being able to survive. It is an awful and degrading work environment.
Pros
Cons
No wage increases, no advancement, no communication, no consistency, required to be available outside of the work hours stated in contract, poor work culture, poor management
Over all a horrible company to work for. No respect for their employees. Very, very selfish. You have one life, don't waste it working for this company.
Heavy duty cleaner at the local college. Very laid back environment, was able to work at my own pace as long as the assigned duties got done. Can get boring and repetitive. PRO'S Included working at own pace, great team on the evening shift, easy enough work. CON's pay is low for the work and does not reflect cost of living, site security will turn lights out.on you while working even if they know your there, college kids are absolute slobs. All and all a decent experience and I would recommend this company.
Hospitality associates are overworked, disrespected, and underpaid. The job is mentally and physically exhausting and you get little to no help. If you care about your wellbeing stay away from this job.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Working alone
Many of the good workers do not get the respect they deserve nor the pay increase. Lazy, troubled workers, and suck ups are the best treated. I worked with the company about 11 years and seen this for myself. I left the company because upper management did not listen to me about former bad workers (they knew all about them and the issues) and rehired them and gave them promotion. I had a good reputation with the company but that ended pretty quickly. Thanks Compass. Maybe I will join the many intelligent good workers who went elsewhere. I gave my heart and soul to you. Worked extra hours beyond my daily hourly shift and never and I mean never asked for extra overtime money.
Its pretty decent job. But hospitality is never a permanent job. We were closed for more than five months and it was hard to be without a job. Management is considerate. They understand your situation and help you as much as they can.
Pros
Don't your food.
Cons
Slightly lower salary
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Compass Group?
if you wanna work for a low rate of pay.and over worked! this the job for you! and no one is supervising.and supervising on your own. its the number 1 worst company in the world!! the cheapest.dont care if your bathrooms etc in hospitals are clean.dont sit down on any toilet and expect it to be clean and sanitized!
Pros
Cons
all the above
Good. Clean Fast paced environment Good people to work with. Employer takes good care of us. Would recommend working for them. Gives me a lot of good experience to offer a new prospective employer.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Better pay
Very professional, great people, very helpful in your work development.Always ready to guide you in the right path. Very on hands work in a fast paced environment.
Management above me were ruthless and nasty people to work with. Quit after only 3 months. Eventhough the workers under me were unionized they were treated like second rate citizens by upper management. Do not recommend working here for anyone.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
It is a very fast paced, remote environment, allowing you to excel in leadership. There are always challenging moments to educate tou along the way. It is a great company which offers growth opportunities.
It was the best place I ever worked the environment crew and salary made me want to go to work everyday everywhere should be like this when they pick up the near future with newer projects if I'm not currently working or satisfied with my job I'll be definitely trying to get a placement pack at the company.
Horrible company do not work for them you will be belittled at every chance district managers rapidly change so you never know who you are really addressing to
Pros
Odd free food
Cons
The upper management DM'S
The company doesn't take care of their management team. It is sad because management is very loyal and willing to succeed. Compass doesn't compensate their management team accordingly. I don't recommend to work for them as part of management team. But I was grateful that I had a job and awesome staff.
The senior management of this company encourages growth and therefore allows people to learn and develop their skills. There are training programs and processes that the company has put in place to help associates grow
If you like way to much work than you can handle unsafe working conditions and management that takes pleasure in making everyone feeling like trash this is the company for you. We were alerted there was a bear on site and sent to work outside with no cell phones or radios. Came around the corner between trailers and heard growling my boss was offsite.
Cons
Company spending more on safety of employees and clients more then any other organization in world . Lots of online sources to training . Need some real training programs .
  1. Employee reviews