Compass Group
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Compass Group Employee Reviews for Supervisor

Supervisor24 reviews
Canada24 reviews
I loved the work at this job, it was a lot of fun. Hours are sporadic and benefits are hard to acquire so it makes a great part time job only. The work culture wasn't encouraging to make people want to stay and the pay was low so the quality of coworkers was also.
Horrible management
No benefits

Not environmental friendly

No community involvement

Want you to do more with less

Nothing like what the website says

Food deductions off paycheck when no meals taken
Management expects so much from Supervisors....want them to do job of 2-3 people and wear them down. This is my experience from working with this Company for 10 years , I was broken and had no choice but to quit a job I dearly loved.
Compass Canada is a productive and progressive workplace. I learned a lot while working in the organization. I love to work with Compass Canada. I would like to stay with Compass Canada if I get the opportunity according to my ability.
Been there 4 years never had a raise

No room for advancement and the regional manager is a joke

No realistic and no bonus based on performance

Expect too much for so little
Loved working with Compass group at the Dalhousie Agricultural University in Truro Nova Scotia!
Great management and team. Students were awesome to see and serve everyday
A horrible managed company who will do anything to cut costs. Don't expect any communication from your managers because they're not aloud to tell you anything. They will use you and put you into horrible situations. Give you insane hours and then cut them right off if you ask for them to be reasonable. They have no regard for your schedule outside of work. If you make it to the 6 month mark with benefits don't expect to actually get them. Your hours will get cut.
It all depends what district you work at that you get the attention. There is so much negativity, it depressing.
Not a great company from where Im
Benefits
Cons
Good brand name to work with one of the biggest in the country.
Learnt about leadership skills and developing others

hardest part of the job was you get pulled in all directions
Its always challenging and fun to work with the staff. But very hard to work with the manager. Very unprofessional. Its not safe to work with her. Dont waste your time working with this manager. She has alot of good things to say during the interview but totally opposite when you are in already.

Compass would always say no to bullying and harassment but they could have thought about how this manager is doing.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Compass Group?
• Managed daily operations
• Provided direct support to staff

• Provided bilingual customer service (French)

• Human resources: recruitment and training of staff
Since this time last year we have had 4 positions cut from our staff and hours of labour have been reduced for each remaining employee. No employee incentives to exceed expectations and quite honestly ALL supervisors were screwed over when minimum wage increased to $14.00/hr. eg. a supervisor earning $13.75/hr before the minimum wage increase now makes $14.28/hr
Cons
long hours, no chance of advancement, extra work added ona daily basis
The environment is amazing I love my clients but the management is questionable, intergrity could use work, spend money frivolously instead of paying employees more. Long hours, they will always call out small things but rarely compliment when u do well. Overall, overworked under paid.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Good doesn’t outweigh the bad
Great place to work. Very accommodating managers who are looking for making more sales and growing, not negative and focused on cost cutting. Bring a positive attitude and work hard but also can relax and have fun.
Pros
Two paid ten minute breaks with a free snack for each, and free lunch for 30 min break.
Working with kids in a school cafeteria is always an adventure. We had so much fun with the kids. Some of the kids would work with us in the kitchen for volunteer hours.
It's fun to give a wonderful customer service to different people travelling across Canada and different places. Can work under pressure and meet the deadlines and goals set by the management.
Pros
Free foods and parking
meet a lot of fun and interesting people. handled conflict with ease. always there when anyone was in need of help. always on time for work. staff showed respect
Able to handle monetary transactions, cash balancing and handle banking deposits.
Overseeing employees on a daily basis.

Provides strong leadership skills and excellent customer service.
terrible management, with the exception of one person.
go in, get treated like dirt.

no acknowledgement at all for doing exceptional work.

many double standards.

favoritism.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Awful management, no overtime pay rate
All my co-workers are beyond friendly and the training was very extensive so I wasn’t worried about having to do things on my own! Working with the staff you become one big family and work becomes fun so it's no longer work anymore. It’s a fast-paced environment so shifts go by quickly and my bosses are always willing to accommodate for any days I can't work or if I need time off! There’s always shifts available to pick up which is extremely helpful in a time in need.
Pros
Many shifts to pick up
You always have something to do non stop business. The people are wonderful. I learned that anything is possible and you gotta keep trying for what you want.