Compass Group
Information from Compass Group:

Compass Group Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative21 reviews
Canada21 reviews
When I worked here they were not accommodating not matter how good my attendance and performance was. Manager was not skilled enough in customer service to do her job correctly... Good place to be for a single person with no family obligations...
Extremely unrealistic work place. Worts company I have ever worked for. Lies told all the time, paper work is more important than the health and safety of customers.
Approx. 4 years worked at Compass group.
Enjoyed working at 1 location for about 3 years, when another company took over the location. We had a great boss, staff help each other in their daily routines, and we all got along very well.
The job was simple enough and the overwhelming majority of the people there were hardworking, helpful and encouraging. My only issue is that it didn't really seem like a place for the long term, I didn't see a lot of advancement within the staff.
its slowly sucks your soul away... they don't care about you or your problems. you could be vomiting blood and still expect you to work... if you suffer from mental illness please don't appy there.
cleaned everyday.
To make sure all Garbage bin are empty and restroom are sanitized.

Office table are well dusted and clean

Being a lead should always be balance besides my job and others as well.. to make sure they're doing there job done.

Team work is the most enjoyable part in job..
Pros
no job weekend.. it's great more time on family
Cons
7 hrs
GOOD PLACE TO WORK,Amazing staff and positive attitude.Everyone works there with great potential and wants to provide best customer service .So overall its a good experience of working for compass group .
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
I didnt find any
Overall I would not recommend working here as the wage is not worth the negativity surrounding the work place environment which is sad bc working in a hospital it shouldn't be that way.
Pros
Steady paycheck
Cons
Shifts are all over the place no steady days or evenings
straightforward work
easy tasks for everyone

approachable management

flexible days off

great pay but no commission

great, regular customers

set schedule
This company does not provide their employees with the opportunity for advancement.
Employees are taken advantage of with low pay, while employees who are new or have little responsibility are making a wage similar to those who have worked with the company for a number of years, and have more authority and responsibility.
Benefits
Cons
The workload is a bit heavy but makes your day go very fast. you really gain alot of knowledge pertaining to diet textures and diet differences. You get to daily interact with an ageing generation who have different levels of mental and physical state.
Pros
have snacks at staff meetings
Cons
constantly changing policies hard to keep up with
Great work environment, proper training provided, Competitive salary & benefits, Management is so cooperative.
Good employee appreciation, unionized job provides job security.
Pros
Good employee appreciation, unionized job
Cons
summer time its slow & less hours
We have a really energetic and young professional in our team who keep serving at their best and customers always leave with a big smile.
Operations Centre Agent - Marquise in behalf of YVR

Pros:

- Stepping stone into the aviation industry;

- Exposure to the background day-to-day operations of an International Airport;

- Great networking opportunity;

- Working with like-minded young professionals;

- Mid-range salary (better than most entry positions in the industry).

Cons:

- Everyone is your boss (Compass Canada, Marquise, YVR, Airlines, Contractors, Tenants...etc);

- Customer Service role heavy with complaints and repeating inquiries being a daily occurrence;

- Minimal advancement opportunity within Marquise and Compass Canada that is aviation related;

- Being a contractor means restricted advancement opportunity into the airport authority;

- The role is continuously given more responsibilities, grows complex, and requirements for the job are always added. But the salary is not changed to match the additional workload and liability.
Marquise customer is for those who are transiting through jobs or to have temporary work while going to school or working elsewhere. I have been employed here for the last 5 years and salary and pay raises are not up to expectations. Living in an expensive city such as Vancouver, minimum pay is not cutting it. However, coworkers and helping each other interact with thousands of passengers daily is the reward.
Pros
Free parking, medical benefits.
Cons
Pay, Hours, Vacations, Management.
-Was able to maintain a good work to personal life balance
-Had flexible hours

-Developed cashier training

-Learned inventory controls

-Enjoyed working with such friendly customers, management & staff
Pros
Friendly Environment, Flexiable Hours
Cons
Seasonal Shifts
fun to go work , I like my morning shift 6am to 2pm .
I learn to increase our sales to get more hours, over time .

The hardest part of the job is if the customer argues . but on the bright side I can deal with it and make the customers happy.

our contract with compass group is finishing in April 2014.
Pros
we bring our own food
Cons
30mins break
I have learned to talk with different type of customers with different communities. Controlling cash and ensuring the proper till transactions.Got rewards for up-selling and proper eye contact and gestures with the customers.
Pros
learned to talk with different peoples of different communities.
Cons
busy job
I was a Customer Service Representative for Chartwells Canada at the UTM campus. On a daily basis I was in charge of answering questions regarding store and products, while maintaining knowledge of current sales and store promotions. Additionally some of my responsibilities included marketing new products and promotions, ensuring that food and service quality was met, and working as a team memeber with my co-workers. I really enjoyed the daily interaction with students and customers. Whether it was a minute problem or a major situation, I enjoyed working with people.
Pros
free lunches, daily interactions with customers
Cons
standing on your feet for long hours
Always interested in interior decoration. Looking for a better opportunity in a good company to improve the skills as a team member.
Pros
have strong knowledge about the company itself.
Cons
long distance from home.
Productive and fun workplace.

There is always something new to learn in this workplace.
Pros
posibility of career advance
Cons
short hours, low wage