Compass Group
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Compass Group Employee Reviews for Cleaner

Cleaner20 reviews
Canada20 reviews
Team leaders are very hard working and work with you. Every company has issues to deal with and this company needs to work on how co-workers are treated as well as disciplinary actions suited to the issue. My experience with some co workers was terrible. I chose to move to afternoon shift as the afternoon shifts I was treated much better.
I really enjoyed working at Ottawa u for compass group very friendly great benefits friendly staff and management
Breaks were always prompt and food was always done and prepared fresh
I had the misfortune of working for Compass Group and just want to let others know that they treat their workers horribly, are disrespectful, pay barely over minimum wage and overall don't care about you. You are a number, they don't care how hard you work, how much you give, or how much you care. They will dispose of you like garbage as soon as they realize you can't be manipulated or intimidated. They prefer people who are lazy as long as they don't question management.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Minimum wage with bare minimum benefits after 6 months.
Job secuirty is the same as other non-union jobs but advancement is reserved for incompetent people that know how to play politics. I’ve seen good managers that are overworked and horrible managers that create chaos because of lack of experience so they’re all over the place.
Pros
Free training
I loved working Compass. Their salary is a bit low, but they have an excellent benefit plan. I had many wonderful experiences working for them. Every day was a new learning experience.
Pros
I worked in long term care. I love my time around seniors.
Cons
They pay a lower hourly wage, and I did miss a lot of holidays with my family.
my team is a great group of people. everyone is friendly and helpful. things are a little confusing when it comes to scheduling or special projects outside of our normal daily tasks.
i enjoyed working for compass canada, there was lots of work to be done, friendly people, some helpful people i worked with, some co-workers were nice, police
I loved working here. The hours were good and the work was interesting. Something different every day so you never get bored. The management was probably the best I have ever worked with. Sadly I had to move on to another job to make more money. Really wish the pay was better. If I could afford it, I would work for Crothall before the company I am with now.
Pros
interesting work, good people, nice management
Cons
really low pay.
Good people management sucks they are on you anout breaks.and tou get nasty letters if you miss minor things.The clients co workers are good.but some are disrespectful.
Pros
Excellent Co workers who deserve better
Cons
Work like a slave
they sometimes work people hard, making them feel like they're a working slave, awesome co-workers, helpful supervisors, really good learning experiences v
Compass group is a very efficient and productive work place. Seasonal work can slow advancement. Very friendly professional staff and fair pay rates make it an easy place to spend a summer.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Shift work
Found it okay at the start and free tired of it as it did not meet my satisfactory and I was going to be heading out of the area for a few months for work
Pros
Decent
Cons
Decent
A typical day at work was a little bit stressful but I had some good colleagues so we were helping each other. I learned to clean the dining hall, toilet. The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet people all the time,the hardest part was when they ask you to do a task and you are not done yet, they interrupt you with another one and after that they will be shouting. It was like we are not HUMANS
Management protects the lame, lies and I would never work for them again, . Its all about padding their pocket, staff is there to just make sr management look good.
Pros
Cons
everything
Working with Compass Group provides a steady workload, and a good energy for a positive work environment. This helps when training new staff, who are daunted by the large scale job.
I was employed by Marquis for commercial overnight cleaning. This included power scrubbing floors, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming hallways and washing windows. I found they had a hard time maintaining regular staff, and employees were often expected to take up the slack. the work itself was fairly easy and I appreciated being unsupervised. I learned to coordinate tasks to save time, as well as how to operate and clean an auto scrubber.
Pros
Headphones allowed
Good and famous company
Beautiful work with this company

Dealing well with workers

.............................................
The management changed my hours 3 times after promising me certain hours in the first week. I was not properly trained, just told to shadow someone else and the few people that I shadowed all had extremely different ways of doing their job.
I love going to work I am a full time cleaner but there are days that we are short staffed and I get to fill in. There is nothing that I do not like about this job.

This was a totally different experience for me and I really enjoy it.
Pros
free trraining
Cons
pay is too little
i dont see the need for all the negative reviews i've seen so far, ive been with Compass Canada for almost a year and havent felt more welcomed in a job. (not to mention--needed; which is alwaays nice to know)
when you're to the point in your occupation where, you can be replaced, but you;re company / client is going to try everything in their power to keep you -- then , you KNOW you;re where you need to be.

co-workers ? awesome. friendly and laid back

management ? could be a little perked up but they try their hardest for how long theyve been here..

most enjoyable ? knowing how much of an impact my job/ abilities do for the client and people around me during my time at work.

hardest part of my job .. ? driving floor machine :) [ no big

yes, i am a heavy-duty cleaner. not kitchen help, as you would assume ...