Compass Group
Information from Compass Group:

Compass Group Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier27 reviews
Canada27 reviews
good place for starting job. Gives you a basis for starting your working career. management is fair. work environment is good. merit based working structure.
Do not generally recommend working here ever..
They are too cheap too hire the right amount of people so everyday I come to work stressed, which isn’t good for my heath.
Worked there for 4 years and they fired me so I grieved it because they lied.
Very fast paced. Management is the reason why I have mental health issues. They favourite staff. They aren’t considerate at all. They don’t care about their staff. The place is disgusting, staff stole money from me and management didn’t do anything .I do not recommend this job for anyone. Ever since I quit my mental health has been great
Terrible management very unorganized and not caring towards employees. They definitely need to change management if they want to run a successful store. Employees get written up for absolutely nothing and the hours are terrible
Its a job starter to build your career in retail or customer.services.or hospitality sector.. copps coliseum was a good place to work

waa.good place to work
Pros
You make.pocket cash for.small.stuff
Cons
The pay wage doesnt cut it at 14.00 per hr
Takes forever to fix broken equipment. The supervisor is useless, never resolve anything. Very stress full environment, the only I missed was some of the crew.
I was very happy to work for them. I got layed off too soon! I worked a very steady day, There was LOTS to do, I like being busy so ya... It was all good, Good wages and Union / Benefits,
Pros
Good Experience doing different work, different shifts.
Cons
We only worked 8 hrs a day. Sometimes breaks were hard to take, but you were told to take them, so if you didn't it was basically your fault.
Lovely company to work for and no complaints at all.
They treated the employees very well and was fun to work. They provided good training for those with no experience.
Everyone was friendly and easy going. Had a good experience working here. Always very busy and never left wondering what to do. Nothing to complain about and everything was run smoothly.
Pros
Free meal. Short hours
Cons
Few shifts
I got stuck in the elevator! Also got free food, and to learn new experience in the workforce and met some awesome hardworking reliable team members and managers!
I was able to learn the duties involved in the kitchen and in managing the patio. Advanced my customer service skills by working in a tourist attraction.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with a lot of great people...both customers and fellow employees. It is a busy store the hardest part is being efficient when ringing in customers.
i loved working for Compass Group, the people were awesome. never had an issue with anyone. my contract was only for a year so i had to leave. the pay was not bad
The hours are flexible and the work is fairly easy. This company would be much better to work at if it had better management though. The meal plan is nice while working longer shifts however the training system seems almost half complete. Some managers will also try and make you work through your unpaid break.
Pros
Good hours, meal plan, easy work
Cons
Poor management, very disorganized, lackluster training system
Good working environment and I got lots of experience. I learned how to be a cashier and also how to count the daily till at the end of each work day. I got experience in Pizza Pizza and Tim Hortons.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Salary
Great hours start early in the morning 6:30 am.
All ATB Financial customers and guests were extremely fun to serve. It did not seem like a typical shift work job. Nothing about the job was difficult and most enjoyable was the fun atmosphere and great clients and customers.
Pros
Free Starbucks drink once a day.
Cons
Working alone only interactions was with customers.
My typical day was working from 8:00 am to 4:00pm
I learned how to work in a team

My co-workers were very good hardworking people
Pros
Nice team of people
Cons
Heavy lifting
In my experience at a Halifax location, this was a very fun and exciting job. Management could always be more attentive to the needs of employees, but it was still an enjoyable job.
It's a friendly and productive environment that focuses tremendously on the service, people (staff) and customer satisfaction. It ensures that the job is done properly. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know my employers and colleagues and learning from them in many ways. The entire staff works together and is always there to help, provide and work together as a team. The company and the team at my restaurant practices the logo it has created which is that great people insures great service which ensures great results.
Pros
50% off on food
Cons
little pay, shift only given depending on weather conditions (restuarant isn't open on rainy days), shift only given 3 or 4 days a week, the least amount of hours is 5
this job was very fast paced and very demanding. it was very long and exhausting hours. coworkers were very fun to be around, everyone there loved to have fun.
Pros
50% meals
Cons
long exhausting hours, far location
The work place is very busy with thousands of customers to be served everyday. Work environment is very comfortable, with lots of space. Co- workers are very friendly and becomes a big family.

I have learned many aspects of handling customers here, angry customers, customers with disabilities, positive interaction with customers simultaneously keeping up with the work pace.

Management is very amiable.They listen to yours problems and try their best to solve them.

The hardest part of the job is spending prolonged period of hours to service customers.It gets incredibly busy at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having to meet your co workers who have become good friends and also getting to meet regular customers.
Pros
provides wide range of food items to eat with less money.
Cons
Somedays it gets vert busy.