Compass Group Employee Reviews for Cashier

Enjoyed my time at Compass!!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 May 2018
Lovely company to work for and no complaints at all.
They treated the employees very well and was fun to work. They provided good training for those with no experience.
Fun and very nice group of people. Also a productive workplace
Concession Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 December 2017
I got stuck in the elevator! Also got free food, and to learn new experience in the workforce and met some awesome hardworking reliable team members and managers!
Compass Group Canada
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2017
I was able to learn the duties involved in the kitchen and in managing the patio. Advanced my customer service skills by working in a tourist attraction.
Fun place to work with lots of great people!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 May 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with a lot of great people...both customers and fellow employees. It is a busy store the hardest part is being efficient when ringing in customers.
work place was just awesome
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 April 2017
i loved working for Compass Group, the people were awesome. never had an issue with anyone. my contract was only for a year so i had to leave. the pay was not bad
Flexible Hours, weak managment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 March 2017
The hours are flexible and the work is fairly easy. This company would be much better to work at if it had better management though. The meal plan is nice while working longer shifts however the training system seems almost half complete. Some managers will also try and make you work through your unpaid break.
Pros
Good hours, meal plan, easy work
Cons
Poor management, very disorganized, lackluster training system
Busy
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 December 2016
Good working environment and I got lots of experience. I learned how to be a cashier and also how to count the daily till at the end of each work day. I got experience in Pizza Pizza and Tim Hortons.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Salary
Productive easy and fun atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2016
Great hours start early in the morning 6:30 am.
All ATB Financial customers and guests were extremely fun to serve. It did not seem like a typical shift work job. Nothing about the job was difficult and most enjoyable was the fun atmosphere and great clients and customers.
Pros
Free Starbucks drink once a day.
Cons
Working alone only interactions was with customers.
Fast paced, fun work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 February 2016
In my experience at a Halifax location, this was a very fun and exciting job. Management could always be more attentive to the needs of employees, but it was still an enjoyable job.
productive and enjoyable workplace
Simba Restaurant and Thorn tree Café, cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 August 2015
It's a friendly and productive environment that focuses tremendously on the service, people (staff) and customer satisfaction. It ensures that the job is done properly. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know my employers and colleagues and learning from them in many ways. The entire staff works together and is always there to help, provide and work together as a team. The company and the team at my restaurant practices the logo it has created which is that great people insures great service which ensures great results.
Pros
50% off on food
Cons
little pay, shift only given depending on weather conditions (restuarant isn't open on rainy days), shift only given 3 or 4 days a week, the least amount of hours is 5
great fast-paced job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Surrey, BC14 June 2015
this job was very fast paced and very demanding. it was very long and exhausting hours. coworkers were very fun to be around, everyone there loved to have fun.
Pros
50% meals
Cons
long exhausting hours, far location
fast paced work place with friendly co-workers and managers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Morrison, QC15 May 2015
The work place is very busy with thousands of customers to be served everyday. Work environment is very comfortable, with lots of space. Co- workers are very friendly and becomes a big family.

I have learned many aspects of handling customers here, angry customers, customers with disabilities, positive interaction with customers simultaneously keeping up with the work pace.

Management is very amiable.They listen to yours problems and try their best to solve them.

The hardest part of the job is spending prolonged period of hours to service customers.It gets incredibly busy at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having to meet your co workers who have become good friends and also getting to meet regular customers.
Pros
provides wide range of food items to eat with less money.
Cons
Somedays it gets vert busy.
i like all the work places
cashier Tim Horton (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 December 2014
i worked full time always .I gain lot of experienced but now i am confident to do some supervisor job or some high level according to my qualification.My all coworkers are happy with me and i easily adjust with the environment.The hardest part of my job is to satisfied the customers but my facial expression or smile can help the customers to talk with me about personal maters when they are stressfull.Ienjoy the customer service.
its fun to work here and gotta get a chance to meet different kinds of people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2013
typical day at work was seeing happy people that gives me inspiration to work.
i learned a lot from communication to cashier jobs and other related to that.
Management are so supportive and appreciative.
My co-workers are team oriented and like my brothers and sisters... were like family at work.
The hardest part of my job is when i can't give my customers the impossible thing they wanted like give them free stuff and that makes them upset.
The most enjoyable part is serving my customers and give them the best of my ability to make them contented and happy when they leave at the store.
Pros
making friends and learning new things
A great work place.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK10 April 2013
A very enjoyable workplace. The shifts are not long. I work with a variety of people including young people new to the work force.
We have very competant concession supervisors who insure that the work is shared equally among the staff. Team work is encouraged, honesty and integrity is stressed. Serving the customers is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
being able to watch the hockey games.
Cons
the music at some of the rock concerts.
this job was in a cafateria. I really enjoyed the students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  victoria25 March 2013
very fast place to work. never a dull min. the hardes part of job was keeping up with coffee
Pros
weekend off
Cons
seasonal
Younger students benefit
Cashier/Booth Leader (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 January 2013
Compass is a great place to start your first part time job. They hire quite often and the hours are quite reasonable for a student in high school.
cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2012
working whole day on cash, i like the work too. but sometimes become hectic when management wont gv proper hours to other . in busy time sometimes they deduct hours of their employee and its hard too manage the crowd in store then. In summer just senior people allowed to work...
Pros
good strater for entry in job
Cons
no promotions