Compass Group
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

Compass Group Employee Reviews

You basically have to learn everything on your own. Lots of company policies and regulations to adhere to along. No chance of advancement to a higher management position or transfer to another site even if you apply
Cons
Pay is on the low side compared to others
Revolving door of managers, very poor place to work!!It seems that changing/firing managers is a game at this place, it's really to bad I liked my job, but the backstabbing was too much!
Très peu de reconnaissance sur le travail bien fait. Il ne faut pas s’attendre à être bien rémunéré et encore moins augmenté. Aucun soutien de la part de la direction.
Pros
Repas moins cher
Cons
Rémunération
Relaxed working environment- co workers are very friendly and positively happy in their jobs as well.Management team is awesome.Our manager at environmental is a very hardworking guy.
the employees of the compass group of canada get along well because they work together on there jobs. unlike any other company which heals employee. and destroy
Unfortunately this job was the worst job I’ve ever had. The boss is useless not to mention so passive aggressive to the point where she is verbally abusive. I was never asked how it was going when I first started and anytime I asked a question she’d have a fit and tell me to figure it out. I don’t recommend working here unless you want a toxic boss who doesn’t care about your existence at all and don’t expect to get anytime off work with her since she will start treating you like sh** for even asking about it :)
Pros
Absolutely nothings good, just a toxic environment
Cons
Completely underpaid and verbally abusive boss
Data entry and filing- Great experience, Work-life balance was good and workplace culture was warm and welcomingWould definitely recommend working here!
Fast passed environment, clean well maintained equipment. Benifits rocked was a very well rounded team to explore my creative side and help encouge my work strenghs in group forward setting using the right tools tonhp me reach the next stage of career as a lufe agents
Pros
Love going for martinis with Madison
Cons
Michelles voice
Working at Berwick was good. Seeing the same people through their ups and downs, and making them smile, working hard, it all felt really good. Unfortunately, there are a lot of disgruntled people who feel it's alright to lie down on the job and do the bare minimum. If you are a hard worker, you will be taken advantage of. If you are not, you will be given much leniency. Kitchen work is fairly stable. Serving is not.
Pros
Food, wage
Cons
Unstable weekly hours, mostly casual shifts, overhiring
Run from this company less respect for the worker and over work with the teams. U will be working more then ur pay. Management is also very poor. They talk to u any how
I would not go back to this company. Management has changed in how they respect their employees. Store managers are over worked and company removed financial bonus years ago at the unit level. Budgets are unrealistic.
Pros
You worked with some nice people.
Cons
No work life balance if you work in a management roll of any kind, They expect to much from you with the time you have, Very stressful.
Was in management brought up sales and just tossed me aside because a problematic manager with 20+ years had no where to go so took my unit. Don't give this place your blood and sweat. Good luck surviving this pandemic.
Pros
Cons
Will get rid of you just to save a severance package.
My review was very helpful, giving me professional value in my performance and showing interest to grow within the company with my experience acquired in the years that I have worked for the Compass Group.
CGC is cheap with their employees. They will stretch your hours and refuse you overtime at any cost. They will continuously add more work to your plate, even once you've maxed out. I had to wait 2 and a half years for a raise and never got a performance review after asking several times. I only got a raise because myself and a group of my colleagues wrote an open letter to management that the employees we supervise were making more than us. I've met people who have worked at Compass in the same role as myself for 10 years and make barely more than I do. I highly recommend you look elsewhere. There's a reason CGC is a revolving door...
Cons
Stress, poor pay, no OT
I won't sugar coat it, Compass Group is the worst company I have ever worked for. There are no pay raises, no advancement, and no incentives. Upper management makes it abundantly clear that they are there to make a profit, not to help resolve issues or to support their employees in any way. Employees are regularly thrown under the bus by management due to their own negligence. We are required to work hours outside of what is stated in our contract, and to go along with last minute schedule changes without being consulted first. Rules change daily without notification, and employees are written up for things that they were never made aware of. Training is almost non-existent and done by regular entry-level employees who are not qualified nor compensated for this extra task, rather than a supervisor or management.I could go on and on, but there is genuinely no benefit to working here other than being able to survive. It is an awful and degrading work environment.
Pros
Cons
No wage increases, no advancement, no communication, no consistency, required to be available outside of the work hours stated in contract, poor work culture, poor management
Over all a horrible company to work for. No respect for their employees. Very, very selfish. You have one life, don't waste it working for this company.
I worked in a nursing home for Compass Group.The staff there were remarkable, and they still are. Front line facing this horrible virus.My heart goes out to essential service providers through this pandemic.Keeping our most vulnerable safe.Kudos
Pros
Help when needed
Cons
Finnish work in allotted hours
Heavy duty cleaner at the local college. Very laid back environment, was able to work at my own pace as long as the assigned duties got done. Can get boring and repetitive. PRO'S Included working at own pace, great team on the evening shift, easy enough work. CON's pay is low for the work and does not reflect cost of living, site security will turn lights out.on you while working even if they know your there, college kids are absolute slobs. All and all a decent experience and I would recommend this company.
Hospitality associates are overworked, disrespected, and underpaid. The job is mentally and physically exhausting and you get little to no help. If you care about your wellbeing stay away from this job.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Working alone
Many of the good workers do not get the respect they deserve nor the pay increase. Lazy, troubled workers, and suck ups are the best treated. I worked with the company about 11 years and seen this for myself. I left the company because upper management did not listen to me about former bad workers (they knew all about them and the issues) and rehired them and gave them promotion. I had a good reputation with the company but that ended pretty quickly. Thanks Compass. Maybe I will join the many intelligent good workers who went elsewhere. I gave my heart and soul to you. Worked extra hours beyond my daily hourly shift and never and I mean never asked for extra overtime money.
Its pretty decent job. But hospitality is never a permanent job. We were closed for more than five months and it was hard to be without a job. Management is considerate. They understand your situation and help you as much as they can.
Pros
Don't your food.
Cons
Slightly lower salary
  1. Employee reviews