Compass Group Employee Reviews

Terrible management - Apply with caution
FSW/Counter Help/General Help (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 April 2018
A typical day at consists of clocking in, setting up and serving customers. All food is heat and eat. (You basically put it in an oven and press a button so if you're looking to improve knife skills, food prep, etc. this isn't the place for you.)

*A note on clocking in: You will NOT get paid for coming in early due to a potentially busy day, but you will get paid if you're incompetent and can't get your job done on time and need to stay late.

Management spends more time smoking than working and it takes them days to respond to you concerning work-related issues. (If you're lucky enough to get a response at all.)

Management has no idea what they're doing so you're constantly blind sided by changes in the menu, prices, shortages, etc. which YOU will have to explain to angry customers.

Management will not have your back concerning ANYTHING. HR is your best friend. Protect yourself and do not take anything they say at face value. Always inquire to HR about policies. Management will try to bully you into covering shifts, doing extra work, etc.

This is good for people who want an easy enough job while they prepare themselves for better things. Do no make a career out of this place because there's nowhere to go. (Management is a combination of relatives and people romantically involved with each other.)

All units are different so try yourself out in as many as you can before you decide on one. If you get a good location with good customers it can be a fun place to work.

Please note, this review applies to management in London, Ontario.

I clicked "NO" for
  more... the last question assuming it applies to the specific managers (there have been THREE since I've started).  less
Pros
Free food. Easy work. Some customers are awesome.
Cons
Low pay. Terrible management. No room to grow. Some customers are terrible.
Opportunity, Low Salary
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 April 2018
Company going through drastic changes with upper management. Lower level employees are feeling most of the pain trying to adapt.

Good opportunities for advancement, experience and travel. Job security is relatively high, but salary can be low.
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 April 2018
This work environment is very clean and organized. Workers are able to have fun at work while handling large quantities of customers at times. very busy. very flexible on hours
lot of work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 April 2018
Work in dietary for 1 month in Extindercare Brampton and wrost place ever low pay and to much too do for a3 hr shift and it a one person job serving both side
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Lot of work for a three hr shift
Great Job
Light Duty Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON (Crothall Healthcare)11 April 2018
I loved working here. The hours were good and the work was interesting. Something different every day so you never get bored. The management was probably the best I have ever worked with. Sadly I had to move on to another job to make more money. Really wish the pay was better. If I could afford it, I would work for Crothall before the company I am with now.
Pros
interesting work, good people, nice management
Cons
really low pay.
Management was horrible
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB10 April 2018
The work was unorganized and barely managed. The standards of work were pathetic because no one was checking anything. People didn't know what they were going to be doing on a daily basis because of poor management.
Productive and reliable company.
General Help (Current Employee) –  Calgary Remand Center, Calgary Alberta9 April 2018
The company makes every associate a responsible employee and provides complete knowledge on work management and workplace safetiness,also conduct a regular meetings and trainings on job safety and policies.
Pros
3x pay on holidays
Cons
Not accessible to bus transit
meeting different people
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Ontario3 April 2018
I'm doing pizza everyday, cleaning the work place, I learned how to make pizza and some foods and sandwiches, how to deal people .The management is go management culture is how to communicate the costumers. The hardest job is working with the hot oven. the most enjoyable is to make pizza.
Pros
free food
Cons
far from my home
Good company
Payroll Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 April 2018
Lots of different jobs included in the position. Company downsized which left me out of a job. Loved the work, and learning new aspects to the payroll position there.
A Boring Worplace if You dont Like working nights
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 April 2018
A Boring workplace if your ideal hours arent night the flow is slow the workers move slow paced and in the mood, and management Is always on your case if you work with this company please do morning
Pros
Free Picnics
Good benefits and Easy workload
Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2018
It was easy-going, laid back, friendly people. I enjoyed working there. I was only working with them for 2 months but the time I spent there was well spent. learned a lot. good experience overall
very good
Dietary Aide (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON28 March 2018
Excellent work place. I work PT in eve for 3 hours mostly 9 days in 2 weeks.Is a really nice place to work. Management is excellent.Peace full environment.Good Team work.
Category Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 March 2018
Management does not know how to speak to associates. They feel they can just abruptly come down hard on you.
This makes the environment very difficult to work in, that's why a number of associates have left the department.
Cons
Management: if you have a voice; they try to quiet you. Not productive
Awesome job
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK26 March 2018
Great Company and I had a great experience working for them. The people were very organized and very professional. I enjoyed learning how a great big company like that is all around me in my community
Very good company to work for
Server (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC26 March 2018
I have learned a lot about hospitality and team leading. Have gained a lot of experience and been given a lot of opportunities no other place could give me.
Unorganized Work Environment
Office Administrator and Controller (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 March 2018
Management was not understanding or helpful, did not provide any information or training for assigned position and expectations. Hours were not set, and office was very disorganized.
Diverse work envorionment
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 March 2018
They have offices across the country and across the seas. Based out of Britian, they cover many different areas of service including high school cafeterias, oil sand workcamps, and retirement living food service.
Working with Compass
Server/Bartender/Hawking (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
There are many different jobs one could have while working for Compass. I personally am a server/hawker for Compass. I work concerts, hockey games and other special events. I enjoy working in fast-paced environments and there are only a few events per month so this job works well for me. It can be hard to get a specific job but if you are willing to work anything you are more likely to get a job with Compass. The people are nice and everyone wants to help each other out. The hardest part of this job can be trying to get organized during rushed of people, especially if you are working by yourself. Other staff members are more than happy to answer questions and help you out the best that they can. All in all, this is one of my favourite jobs that I have ever had.
Pros
tips
Cons
long hours with no breaks
Unlimited work hours till you fall
Manager Food (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 March 2018
No appreciation of input , interrogation , might is right , high turn out due to various reason, lots of gray area. Running food business with zero wast .
Pros
Cons
Lots to loss nothing to gain blood suckers
Hard Compensation for Hard Work
Retail/Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 March 2018
They give you exactly the load a hard worker can tolerate on a daily basis. If you're looking for an easy buck, move along! If you're looking for money and aren't afraid of 8-12 hours of sweat, this is the place you want to go.
Pros
Work Rotations
Cons
Work Rotations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.