Compass Group
Coronavirus update
Information from Compass Group:

Compass Group Employee Reviews

Canada783 reviews
It is good place to work and it mostly day time work and happy work place. Monday to Friday and some emergency calls too,
Good environment to learn more new staff and skills.
Disgusting company to work for. They pay you less and expect more out of you. The manager at priory hospital is horrible never appreciates hard work, treats staff like slaves. She bullies people. The management uses people to their benefits and ditches off after purpose is met. They don't care about staffs efforts.
Pros
Union
Cons
Poor wages, Bullying
One division is a horrible, highly political environment led by a functional egomaniac. Watch your back, keep your head below water, say what they want you to say.
I think all the employees at the compass group should be paid more we do do a lot for what we get paid for but the people we work with are great and all the upper level management are great as well
Pros
Full-time work
Cons
They don't pay employees what they deserve
Working in Belleville, ON. Management can't listen to what is being said, lack of communication skills. HR is awful and can not be contacted.

The union environment does not help. Keep useless employees and lay off people who work hard. Current raise being offered of 0.15 cents an hour is pitiful.
Sadly this has now burned bridges for me working for compass anywhere because they are petty. I ended up quitting and they put me on a do not hire list.
très accueillent bonne communication travail en équipe
Pros
communication
Cons
moins de temps
not a bad company. just some of the management expect unrealistic things on very short notice and it feels as though you are doing there job for them.
Pros
great hours
Cons
get deducted off check for food
Environnement positif et agréable
Endroit très occupé. Super belle interaction avec la direction. Belle clientèle. Début du travail un peu tôt (6h30).

Caisse presque toute la journée. 1 gros rush pour le dîner.

Tâches diverses comme préparer le bar à salade et l’enlever à la fin du quart de travail; nettoyage régulier et aide aux autres employés de la cafétéria, remplissage et autres choses connexes.

En fin de compte, je trouve toutes les tâches agréables à part passer le balai.
Pros
2 repas à 1, 69$ par jour, plan d’assurances
Cons
Courtes pauses, salaire minimum
good company overall to work for. Strong company culture with good training overall. Head office support any time you require for various areas such as Loss Prevention, Quality, Food safety.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
longer hours some days
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Compass Group?
Used to work for Compass Canada at Brentwood Mall in Burnaby. Soon after they took over Marquise Facilities weekly hours were cut and wages stayed a little bit over minimum wage. Constantly keeping workers under the number of hours required for full medical and dental benefits. They pray on cheap immigrant labor. Managers were the worst part and worst experience. Still, I don't know how their human recourse manager got hired? Managers, account managers, supervisors are bullies. Company to avoid.
A typical work day in compass group of company is a productive day. We always have a busy schedule ahead. We try to accommodate all the meetings and serve them well. All my workmates including my manager are fun to be with.
depending on the area your hired for you have the option to learn dishwadhing and using the big machines ad well as stocking and routing in and out unload the truck to helping the chefs cook and clean as well as fancy dinners
Pros
good pay free cost of living in camp
Cons
fast stressful hard work on body
BE AWARE: If you work there for long enough you may become a target of bullying, harassment, and cruel gossip due to the natures of the senior employees and attitudes of the management. They will intimidate you into working longer hours and doing more than your fair share of the labour. There are kind and amazing people who truly care about their patients and co-workers and treat them as teammates. However, the older white ladies who work there are terrible and entitled. You are warned. Good luck.
They are easy to get along with. If u have a problem they sit with you and talk about it. Very understanding.. I have been there for 13 years .. they treat u like a part of a family .. We all work together.
Aside from one not-so-great manager, I really enjoyed my time working for Compass Group. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to work for a company with lots of potential growth opportunities.
Enjoyed working with this group as it was fast paced but quite inter-active at the best of times.
Got to meet new people on a regular basis and made good friends.

Learnt quite a bit about customer service and its requirements.

Overall a pleasant experience with avenues to learn more.
Depending on your sector you will wish you had more hours in the day. Very fast-paced and demanding. Management fairly compensates hard work and promotions occur frequently.
Management is very under developed and disorganized. Need to work on understanding job roles and delegating appropriate tasks according to hired associates.
Worked on a short term project. Interview process was straight forward. Work is fast paced but sometimes not very collaborative. If you enjoy working independently this is an ideal place to work.
You do a lot of different things anywhere from, washing dishes to restocking food to serving food. It can become stressful when you become put under a huge crunch for time but overall it was a great summer job that paid well.