Compass Group
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

Compass Group Employee Reviews

Canada904 reviews

Found 904 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,978 reviews

I have had a good experience working here as a Food Service Manager. Company's culture is teamwork and resourceful. Good to work either as an advancement or as to gain experience.

Pros

Resourceful

horrible place to work

Easy job lol all you do is clean, probably the easiest job I ever had, unfortunately the managers that ran this place were on a real powertrip and totally unprofessional and incompetent.I quit after only working here for a month cause one of the managers reprimanded me infront of other employees for going to the bathroom and calling me derogatory slurs. Co-workers constantly gossiped and talked badly of eachother including managersTurnover is insanely high here, I was hired basically instantly cause they are so desperate for workers.I cant recommend working here at all.

Pros

easy work for the most part when managers weren't around acting like children.

Cons

managers, harassment, bullying, targeting and favoritism

Growing and Evolving Department

You will be assigned a department and it's floor. Your job is to make sure the office itself functions (Printers, light bulbs, signage, keep stationary stocked and breakroom stocked ect..) and you offer support for people who work on that floor (assign lockers, order equipment, manage meeting rooms, mail and building access.. ect)

Fun

Good quality. They give importance to their employee. They also provide benefits and they are considerate. They are responsive to any questions you ask.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Definitely keeps you on your toes.

Many interactions with customers throughout the whole day. Great comradery amongst the Coworkers.Alot of layoff time at Christmas and summer holidays.

Very poor Managers

I found the Manager had very poor skills Took over 4 months to action 4 days sick pay ! Called in on my day off I informed I was going to be late due to medical appointment Was informed that I should of made the appointment prior !! A s i am physic !!! Full time staff changing the schedule to get more overtime hours so that part time would not get any ! And not inform management for permissions either ! Part timers quit due to lack of hours !

Pros

Had to pay for lunches on 4 hour shifts ! and no lunch break offered

Cons

Unexpected shifts due to people quitting

Managers are fantastic

It was a great experience working for the company especially when your managers are very supportive. The system is not perfect but livable if everyone works together as a unit.

Lots of hard work and hard to do job when things are not available

Very hard job most prople being trained sayy a 2 person job not alot of understanding of job difficulties and treating people equally lors of bosses n8t enough workers

Stressful and no room for improvement

When I first started working here I thought it was a good place to be, but that didn’t last long. First came the poor management, they only seemed to discipline/favour certain employees over others and telling you to work late without asking if you are able to do so. Next came the stress of the work load that management would place on you and making you work longer than your 8 hour shift just to get everything done.Finally they cut the amount of hours you will get with no notice and blame it on the amount of sales that they are receiving, when you think it is just because they don’t want to pay you the extra time anymore. So basically what I am trying to get at here is avoid at all costs. When I left on a Friday management said I had 1 week (so until following Friday) to bring uniform back and received text saying if I don’t bring it back today (being Wednesday) they would hold my final pay check until I bring it back!

Toxic!

Managers are manipulative and enable toxic employees. It’s impossible to get fired and their standards are VERY low. Staff can basically do whatever they want with no repercussions

Too much work too little hours

People are great but the company does not put enough thought into how to do what they want done….rush rush rush , always short staffed because the pay is so low except for the higher level employees with bonuses dependent on cutting hours.Equipment needs replacing…

Dont do it!! Not the best place to work

Management is awful. Get full time hours as soon as you want them. Lots of work to be done in most areas of the hospital. The work is easy and lots of it. It's a pay check.

Pros

Non

Nice workplace environment

Nice workplace environment, good teamwork in my department. There was qlwya something new to learn. Management is great. Would like to work there longer

Stable, decent, reliable job

Employees that are older can be gossipy. Management has the potential to be unorganized, but in general very caring and want you to do a good job. Unoforms are provided regularly and schedules are posted consistently. Training can be tough because the pay is less but over time commitment pays off. Thank you for this opportunity.

Worse place to work at by doing force labor.

The worse place to work at,the worse management team ever,chefs very bad,Employee treated with no respects,disrespecting all employees with bad language.

Rewarding job but stressful circumstances

Housekeeping at the hospital was a humbling but rewarding job because the job is so essential. The work is hard and the hours are long, but you are meeting and interacting with people all the time and getting a good workout. Management was always stressed, and there was always pressure to pull extra shifts, and often to cover 2 or more areas of the hospital because of no-shows. That aspect of the job was absolutely unacceptable and caused a lot of stress because you have to be in multiple critical care areas at once, so it's impossible to do your job thoroughly.

Worst company

Worst company to be employed for. The pay is next to minimum wage. Terrible company. Too much mangers. This company took over for Aramark. Aramark is a better company to work for.

Pros

Cons

Too much micro managements

Security Guard

A well payed job and decent salary. Work was typical and what was expected out of you. Nothing really more to say on this except do your job right and you get paid accordingly.

Not Worth it to work with Marquise

Compass works hard to make the client happy and is willing to get rid of the employee as long as clients are happy. - Workdays are stressful - No capacity building for employees- NOt much of benefits for staff

Pros

Na

Cons

stressful, no room for improvement, Cheap

Not a good place to work. Not at all.

Poor management, the turnover of management teams is high. During COVID time, this company did not do their best to accommodate staffs to have jobs to get through the tough time. Job security is low and no place for career advancement.

Pros

Free meals (although they still charge a small amount for this)

Cons

No diversity, heavy workload, low pay.

Fun work place but bad salary

currently everything is a mess there, but the workers make a good work environment, the pay is almost enough to rent a small house. Poor benefits after 3 months.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Short staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement