Compass Group Employee Reviews

Found 506 reviews matching the search See all 3,825 reviews
It's a job
Hospitality Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 March 2019
Do not expect to be able to "move up" if you're hired as a Hospitality Associate. You have your set job and that's it.
There's a pretty unactive union?
The management is not the worst I've had but it's not great. Some management are nice and helpful, others are wildly different depending on the day. Switching from nice to rude and awful.
Having a set schedule is super nice, but the 12 days are so long, and makes the day's you have off feel like you don't actually have much time off. The alternating 3 day weekends are the nicest part.
Pros
Highest paying job I've ever had
Cons
long days, iffy management
Run the other way if you're contacted for a position here.
General Help (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 March 2019
By far this was the worst job I have ever had. The job itself makes you feel like your wasting your life away, though it's a job. The management acts like preteen girls with a cult-like mentality. If you're not in the inner circle and happen to breathe a little too loudly, you can expect to see your hours cut. The manager is the most pathetic man I've ever met in my life. He's a coward and just as gossipy as the rest of the employees there. Though his gossip involves confidential, professional information about employees. He will take other employees' words that you quit, are going part-time, want fewer shifts, can't work Sundays, whatever the case may be. He's cowardice and immature, definitely not fit for any kind of power position, whenever I have to speak to him it feels like I'm talking to a child, and not a cute one either. There's many, MANY, other issues with this company, but quite frankly I'm positive if they got a better boss those issues would be history. Even a monkey would manage this place better.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Positive work environment.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2019
Focussed company with strong leadership and an inclusive environment. Strong brands in their retail food offerings. Excellent recognition programs for all levels of associate in the company.
Great Work Environment
Light Duty Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 March 2019
I loved working Compass. Their salary is a bit low, but they have an excellent benefit plan. I had many wonderful experiences working for them. Every day was a new learning experience.
Pros
I worked in long term care. I love my time around seniors.
Cons
They pay a lower hourly wage, and I did miss a lot of holidays with my family.
Terrible company to work for not worth your health or mental health.
Camp attendant (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC12 March 2019
If i knew this was here years ago i would have put a review in. Supervisor & Management keep people who are lazy and dont do their jobs right. A lot of favortizim in this industry. if you say something that is wrong or do something wrong they will redicule you. not much support or understanding. They will find anything wrong with you , 2 get rid of you. or try and put you in another job if you are not doing it right by their standards. Overworked and really messy rooms they put you in. especially the rooms that have been there for months. they expect you to have it done on same day. This company needs to take advise and go with it if a employee has something to say, & not redicule the employee for trying to give advise or a idea. I had years of experience of housekeeping but never had a chance to become a supervisor. No way on their books. Because I took my job seriously, but they didn't see that.
Pros
there are none
Cons
short staffed, unorganized, too much of high expectations
unorganized
LIGHT DUTY CLEANER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2019
my team is a great group of people. everyone is friendly and helpful. things are a little confusing when it comes to scheduling or special projects outside of our normal daily tasks.
Worse place to work. Stay away
Central Stores Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON6 March 2019
Very poor management. Highest turn over I’ve ever seen. And the company just doesn’t care and let’s the workers go. Everybody gets the same pay. Doesn’t matter how many years you’ve been there. Or how good of a worker you are. Hope your ok making the wage you start with. Because there is ABSOLUTELY NO raises.
my job
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC28 February 2019
the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting clients needs, being able to work alone on the job was awesome because i got things done on time. really enjoyed that
Manager/Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON25 February 2019
Good place to work, weekends off and some what solid hours
management is ... difficult, want you to cut hours all the time, abrasive aggressive emails... not worth the stress.
Bonuses for employees at the holidays is horrible. they dont take individual contribution into consideration and only care about money. worst pay grading and increases I've ever seen.
Pros
clientel
Cons
management
Good Structure for a Cooking Job
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 February 2019
Lots of experts have been brought into this organization making it an excellent place for individuals new to the workforce to gain better insight on the industry.
Constantly having hours cut
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON15 February 2019
Since this time last year we have had 4 positions cut from our staff and hours of labour have been reduced for each remaining employee. No employee incentives to exceed expectations and quite honestly ALL supervisors were screwed over when minimum wage increased to $14.00/hr. eg. a supervisor earning $13.75/hr before the minimum wage increase now makes $14.28/hr
Cons
long hours, no chance of advancement, extra work added ona daily basis
Worst place to work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 February 2019
Worst place to work management is terrible we currently don’t have a manager right now we were promised raises every 6 months never got them in the job description it said it would be paid above minimum-wage were getting paid minimum wage at the moment hours keep on getting cut with no explanation
Pros
Staff discount 50%off
Cons
No promised raises hours of been cut No management right now
Si vous voulez vous tuer au travail
Chef exécutif (Former Employee) –  Montréal8 February 2019
L'unité était superbe et agréable.
La compagnie Compass, elle, va chercher tout ce que nous avons à donner et ensuite nous abandonne à notre propre sort.
Ma gérante de district ne m'a JAMAIS offert d'aide valable.
Pros
Unité agréable
Cons
Prends tout et ne donne absolument rien
Horrible experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 February 2019
Short staffed so couldn’t get the job training I was supposed to. Never had a cleaning position at a care home, didn’t know about how violent some of the residents could be... Even worse was the management & job security, everything I did was never enough! When I left due to medical reasons (after keeping them in the loop/giving doctors notes), they blacklisted me & I still can’t get employment in health care (my dream environment). I love helping the elderly but because of their lack of a reference (regardless of me leaving on good terms), I’m screwed - only real company on the island for anyone to pursue a job in health care. Screwed you on pay cheques.
daily
Benefits Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 February 2019
Great company if you are not looking to move up.

Overall it's a good company. The pay is not great, the benefits are not great but the people who work there work hard!
Pros
Employee association is great - lots of activities within the office
Cons
once you start to work late it's expected
horrible . bad . desrespectful . the worst company ever
cook - janitor - housekeeping (Former Employee) –  alberta . camp29 January 2019
i was working in camp compass group . very bad experiance . the managers desrespect everybody . very racist arrogant managment . they sent you to do tasks that are not in your hiring contracts . they dont car about people quiting as they will just hire new people . horible company to work for . very unsafe workplace . they will try any way to cut staff and steal wages and work you to the ground
Pros
non
Cons
stealing wages, arrogant managment
Friendly work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON28 January 2019
fast paced and well maintained work environment that I enjoyed everyday I had worked there. Good way to meet new people everyday. Fun workplace, did not feel like a strict job, relaxed work
Nice work environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2019
compass group was contract with university of Calgary. it serves all the functions including alcohol beverages on campus. there are around two or three hours heavy work time each shift. but it has a friendly and multi-culture work environment, which makes the work time enjoyable.
Overall it is a good Company to work for.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 January 2019
In my opinion they need to work on communication is some areas. Some divisions of the company are preferred over others, but overall they are a good company to work for. They have a huge diversified presence in the food service market, so you have many options if you are willing to move.
Every day you create long lasting memories with staff and residents.
Multi-Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC20 January 2019
Company supports the clients wishes with insuring Resident First moto is embraced each and every day within the food, laundry, janitorial and housekeeping channels. Interacting with resident daily makes this job rewarding and puts a smile on every ones face.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K