Compass Group Employee Reviews

Found 476 reviews matching the search See all 3,524 reviews
company enviornment
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 November 2018
compass group is great work place to start an culinary journey,
very good management and friendly workplace culture. many people start from bottom and grow with company to high level.
Pros
free lunch and break
terrible management
1st cook/Relief chef (Former Employee) –  kemano, bc2 November 2018
Management constantly changing, hard to build a working relationship with any of them, which in turn slows down progress. would recommend if you can get on a site with union.
Pros
high pay
Cons
management
Terrible Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 October 2018
Long hours and no recognition. They run on very low budget and expect 5 star service. Each year they do budget cuts and expect the manager and directors to retain staff and improve quality and service.

Please run far far away from any management position.
Pros
Cons
long hours, low wages, low standards, no recognition, no work life balance
Hit or miss
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 October 2018
Company itself isn't bad to work for but management can be a pain. Expect lots of unrealistic deadlines and goals and zero recognition unless you're willing to sacrifice a lot of personal time.
Pros
Steady job, unionized
Cons
Management, short staffing
Constructive
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL30 September 2018
It was a wonderful experience to work with Compass Group on St. John's International Airport. I worked here about two years and I enjoyed while working here and dealing with the customers.
Pros
Free Lunch
Not a very good place to work
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 September 2018
Management will talk to there employees like they are stupid. management is incompetent! As well as there surpervisors. Working here for me sucked alot
Toxic work place, stay away
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 September 2018
The management often speaks down to the workers when explaining something and they do poor job training. Management often speaks and acts in a very unprofessional way by having temper tantrums in front of the workers. The company wants to hire the least amount of workers to do the most amount of work possible so the workers often feel overworked and stressed. The company pays minimum wage and often doesn't want to buy enough cleaning supplies or equipment needed. Stay away from this shameful company!!
fun atmosphere
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 September 2018
worked at the golf course and at the arenas for minor hockey and soccer. Casual employment year round. The atmosphere was fun as we served customers who were hungry and having a good time. If you worked a morning shift you would prep food and make sure coffee, and condiments were ready for the customer when the doors opened. I learnt how to organize my time and be prepared for fast moving lineups.
Pros
free meal and casual workplace
Cons
being unprepared could cause kaos
no comment
Kitchen (GH) General Helper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2018
Cant really say to many positives abut the company, was not really to impressed working at the location where I was at, it operated like it was a new business staff and operations was not very organized. It was a head ache. Maybe far better at different locations?
Hostess
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 September 2018
I loved this Job, I was able to interact with clients in the suits, Always great guests. I always made sure my guest were very happy, and had everything they ordered on our menu, Food was always hot for them when they arrived to the suits. The fridge was always stocked, I've worked all the bulldog games, and concerts, it was never a boring night at Copps Coliseum.. They had new management take over, and things slowed down there, so they had told me I would be on call. But unfortionally I haven't recieved a call back. This was a great job, I always loved going into work. It was always evenings and weekends. I also became pregnant with my second child, and couldn't go back eventually. Great Job..
good staff
Chef manager (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC13 September 2018
management was always eager to help. it was a school so there were a loy of days off .. unfortunately they were not paid which made budgetting my life responsibilities difficult but over all it was pleasant
Pros
great staff
Cons
too many days off without pay
Disgusting
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 September 2018
The concession stands are subpar and disgusting, days are 5 hours and super dead, hardest part of the job is learning to use the till. cleanliness is not a main priority, burgers, hot dogs and fries were left in a fridge for weeks on end, and almost everything was expired.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
Disgusting work environment
Productive and fun work environment
Accounting Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 September 2018
It is a great experience to work in Compass Group. People are nice and productive. You can always communicate each other with the job difficulties and also let someone know what you got from the work.
Lots of politics
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 September 2018
This place is very toxic. Some managers are very unprofessional and discouraging. Lots of politics involved. Pay rates are very low. The workload is large .
reading,swimming,cooking,drawing,
Chef de partie (Former Employee) –  london30 August 2018
its a good place to work meeting a lot of people and learning new ideas and working hard.And working in different company producing great food.the staff are great and helping in working as a team.
Pros
30 min
Cons
35 hours
pretty good job
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON29 August 2018
i enjoyed working at all the diferent locations, but the menu was constantly bland for my taste very easy. i wanted to be challenged. so i went back to school.
Pros
free food and drink
Very Positive, great growth potential
District Manager Leisure and Entertainment (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2018
I was promoted 3 times, great opportunities. I started as Executive Chef and ended up as a District Manager. Along the way i met and worked with many great people.
Cunfusing
Head Baker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 August 2018
I'd rather not work for them if possible,,to many silly rules ,stupid recipes they want you to folllow ,to cheap ,poor management most times ,to many managers
well initiative, Organized, Good communication
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria Park, toronto, ON8 August 2018
cleaned everyday.
To make sure all Garbage bin are empty and restroom are sanitized.
Office table are well dusted and clean

Being a lead should always be balance besides my job and others as well.. to make sure they're doing there job done.

Team work is the most enjoyable part in job..
Pros
no job weekend.. it's great more time on family
Cons
7 hrs
Mediocre
Cashier Food Prep (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 August 2018
Amazing Co-workers
Poor Management/ treatment of their staff
Lack of Proper Training of new Employees
Great attention paid to Occupational Health and Safety

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.

41K