Compass Group Employee Reviews

Les règles ne sont pas toujours respecté.
aide général de cafétéria (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 July 2018
J'aime ce que je fais mais l'ambiance n'est pas trop bonne . J'aime travaillé avec les élèves. Les règles ne sont pas toujours respecté.
Le salaire est beaucoup trop bas pour le travail que l'on fait.
Pros
repas à petit prix.
Cons
Les règles ne sont pas toujours respecté.
Did not like the culture of the company based from my experience.
Sr. Director of Foodservices (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2018
It's a very large company and I only worked at a small sector of the company. From my role as the Director of Food Services, it's a rather political...
Pros
Good work and life balance considering the industry I was in.
Cons
Unproductive work culture.
Not for anyone with an iota of self respect
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 July 2018
There is a reason they post so many ads on here. Not a good place to work if you have ever thought "hey, I'm a person of value" or "I'm not worthless".
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no respect, demeaning attitudes, very clique-y
good place to work
Cashier/Kitchen Helper (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 July 2018
Fun-loving, hard-working and dedicated colleagues
customers are nice
will be able to practice multi-tasking skills
very productive
enjoys the benefits
Poor managment
Warehouse & Distribution (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 June 2018
most managers are inexperienced and have a poor knowledge of the task they ask you do, my trainer quit after 2 weeks and he was the only person who worked the job one time my employer asked me to clean a warehouse machine I've never used and when i asked how she replied: "I dont know if anyone knows how to do tha just figure it out"
Pros
all food is free
Cons
alot of unsafe work
Amazing Work Environement
Janitor/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  London, ON27 June 2018
While working with other individuals, I was able to gain much experience working with this company for over 16 years. I learned the essentials of cleaning and was able to develop my skills while working here.
Good People
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta20 June 2018
good people and good culture, work life balance could have been better and more support for the front line employees would be nice. overall not a bad place to work.
Great
Kitchen Aide (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON20 June 2018
Working here is great! I enjoy what I do and the people I work with are very friendly and like family. Everyone is really close and support each other through everything.
Pros
many
my two cents.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 June 2018
* A typical day is all right as long as management doesn't target you for termination. you punch in with the fingerprint scanner and then your in for 8 to 12 hours of work and then you go home.

* there is nothing to learn here except maybe how to strip and wax floors, WHIMIS and Foodsafe. Everything else is just menial labor. and there is very little room for advancement

* the management from what ive seen over the years is that they like to target a person as undesirable and then try to nail them for every thing real and imagined. ( which makes for Glaring Double Standards). they will write you up till you either quit or they get enough demerits to fire you, and then they move on to the next one. I've seen it happen to others over the years and I guess it was just my turn.

*the work culture well there are some very hard working and good people there.... but unfortunately its not a team environment. everyone is pretty much in it for them selves.

* nothing is hard about any of the jobs there. and if you been targeted dont be surprised when they pile up on your work load.

*most enjoyable part for me unfortunately was going home.
Pros
medical Benefits, $2 meal plan, the Union HEU.
Cons
you could be a targeted for Termination.
Clean environment for the most part. Lots of job security as long as you work hard as well as room to be promoted. Good benefits, sick days.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 June 2018
Overall a good place to gain experience in the food service industry. The high volume of customers gives cooks a lot of experience handling foods. Learning how to prep efficiently and properly with the high safety standards that Compass Group expects is an enriching experience.
Good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2018
GOOD PLACE TO WORK,Amazing staff and positive attitude.Everyone works there with great potential and wants to provide best customer service .So overall its a good experience of working for compass group .
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
I didnt find any
fast pace
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC2 June 2018
To work at compass get ready to be fast, no breaks busy and going from show up to leave. For me this was a good fun job. Enjoyed working with the crew and the customers. Short term seasonal and great. No need to pack food if you get a break they feed you and water is always there for you.
Pros
Long hours, fast pace
Cons
Usually no breaks
Work-life balance
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 May 2018
Great place to work. Very accommodating managers who are looking for making more sales and growing, not negative and focused on cost cutting. Bring a positive attitude and work hard but also can relax and have fun.
Pros
Two paid ten minute breaks with a free snack for each, and free lunch for 30 min break.
Stressful work environment
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON31 May 2018
Increased salary above minimum wage, however benefit package was revoked after being hired. Poor management and environment to work within. Would not recommend.
Enjoyed my time at Compass!!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 May 2018
Lovely company to work for and no complaints at all.
They treated the employees very well and was fun to work. They provided good training for those with no experience.
poor manager
Line Cook/Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 May 2018
very poor management from the Regina Co op Refinery kitchen. being a former employee there i can tell you the manager is almost never their and the head cook is more of a manger then she has ever been.
Pros
free food
Cons
cheap food products
Working environment good and bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador26 May 2018
Some workmates make the job barable.some shift managers not properly trained so will not know how to interact with staff members. Noone really cares.sometimes have to do more work than you should.short stuffed at times .pay is average could be better. HR does respond but general work environment toxic at times. Apply with knowing it can go either good or really bad
Pros
Free food
Great place to grow
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 May 2018
Lots of training and opportunity available for advancement. Long hours but your commitment is rewarded
Much focus is put on ensuring the hourly staff are happy and appreciated.
Do not recommend as a place to work
Retail Food Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 May 2018
This is one of the worst jobs i have ever had. Management doesn't seem to immediately hear or listen to concerns, even when it comes to broken equipment or things that may cause a hazard.
Products run out almost once a week.
They have had to close early on multiple occasions due to staff not coming in.
Shifts are never consistent and some employees take advantage of the fact that it is nearly impossible to be fired by not showing up to work, etc. This has an effect on other staff.
Turnover rate is very high. Either understaffed or overstaffed.
Constant gossip, disagreements between co workers.
Management picks and chooses who is disciplined and who isn't.
Pay is not very good after a large portion is deducted.
Pros
Nearly impossible to be fired
Cons
Low pay, innatentive management
Fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON10 May 2018
Working with kids in a school cafeteria is always an adventure. We had so much fun with the kids. Some of the kids would work with us in the kitchen for volunteer hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.