I have worked in 4 of the Compass Group Canada divisions...from a causal PT employee to a seasonal contracted lower level Manager. There is no benefits within this company, which is disappointing.
Um... it's a job? Apart from that, nothing.
Absolutely no perks
Employees do not receive overtime, sick time, or benefits (unless hired full-time). I even was told that I couldn't clock earlier than 5 mins before my shift, despite having to arrive 10 to 15 mins before my shift begins. Although, one perk is that if scheduled to work a stat holiday employees are paid double hourly wage rate.
Employees do not receive overtime, sick time,
or benefits (unless hired full-time)... Or at least at the location I am employed at. However, workers scheduled on holidays get paid double time and a half.
There are honestly no perks to working here. I guess if you want your soul sucked out of you, then work for compass!
You are charged $2 to $5 per meal depending which unit you are working for. Don't expect to be paid overtime...you sign that right away in your contract - Compass averages hours over a 2 week period. And if you work for more than one unit, even if you work more than 44 hours a week overall, your hours are paid separately by the units - so it is like having 2 part-time jobs. Favouritism is standard in their culture.
Only CEO and district managers get the bonuses. The ones that bring the money and treat awful. Work hard follow the budget and get nothing. So the big wigs can cash in. NICE!!!!!
They’re are not very many perks to be quite honest
- What are the working hours at Compass Group?15 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at Compass Group Canada?12 people answered
- If you were to leave Compass Group, what would be the reason?11 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make Compass Group a better place to work?9 people answered
- How many hours in a working shift allows you to have an employee meal?8 people answered
- Why would you want to work at Compass Group Canada?8 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Compass Group?8 people answered
- Break times6 people answered
- Usually how long does it take to decide your hired after interview process6 people answered
- How is feedback from management delivered at Compass Group?5 people answered