Compass Group UK & Ireland Employee Reviews

Dont do it
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Gaydon, Warwickshire19 May 2019
Horrible company,worse i ever worked for,dont care about their employees at all, nothing good about it,dont waste your time,they just treat you like a number
Pros
No pros whatsoever
Cons
No lunch and rude managers, always short you on your pay, cant approach any of them as they dont care what you have to say
good company to work for
Food Services Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 May 2019
Fast pace environment, very good team spirit working towards a common goal to achieve great results and not forgetting working safely, gained vast experience in organisational and customer services skills.
Pros
discount
Cons
no free lunch
Worse place I’ve ever worked
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  South East16 May 2019
Bullies , unprofessional, don’t care about their staff ... don’t take bullying seriously just brush issues under the carpet . I’m sure if compass was aware of the shabby unprofessional way they run their smaller companies .... questions would be asked ...
Pros
Non
Cons
All of the above
Arful company and ethics
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Uk10 May 2019
Company ran by bean counters with little or no idea on how there not making as much as they believe they should be. Contracts are hard to satisfy as employers believe they should get something for nothing and ride in the process.
Pros
Staff meals
Cons
Pay, hours and management
Perfect student job
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham10 May 2019
Flexible event work, perfect part time job for students. A lot of different roles available to suit everyone and can work for venues around the country
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
Not guaranteed regular work
Poor
Ward host (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire10 May 2019
My partner applied for this job at Peterborough hospital and got to induction interview stage spent 2 hours of her time attending and afterwards never heard a thing from this company if she had been successful or not.
Pros
Good people trying to give excellent service.
Cons
Poor management
Worst company ever.
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge9 May 2019
Staff turnover is incredibly high ! Why because the senior managers at Compass Medirest Addenbrookes Cambridge are totally clueless ignorant sexist racist and stereotypical lazy useless foul mouthed bullies. That’s why they are permanently advertising for staff on Indeed. The biggest contract catering rogues in the world should be removed immediately from Indeed
Pros
The customers
Cons
Senior Managers, salaries, working hours, no breaks, no paid overtime, no staff discounts on their already exorbitant prices.
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside24 April 2019
Fun place to work,part of a team excellent,working some days on my own,,great staff ,excellent workplace job opportunities,staff lunches free great teamwork
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Weather
You can do a lot of lone working
Yeovilton on base (Former Employee) –  Ilchester19 April 2019
You could be doing a lot of lone working changing beds on your own not good the best part when everyone teams up and working together much more enjoyable
Pros
When you all work together
Cons
Lone working not good
n/a
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield18 April 2019
I have been working at Compass Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Equal opportunity, communication, envesting in people etc..

Cons

Too corporate, too analytical, too burocative perhaps.
I would tell never work this company
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth hms excellent15 April 2019
Lazy people badded management. move you from one places to another . I was employed to one job got moved to do completely did job did do it all legley so tell people dont work for this company.
Pros
Bad management
Cons
Bad management
Shocking Shocking Shocking
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Northamptonshire6 April 2019
Having been a chef for more years than I can remember never in my life have I worked for a company worse than compass. Severely understaffed in unit having to work alone for 12 hours or more when the staff don't turn up ( a regular occurrence). Promised an hourly rate but was reduced when started job. Wages at the end of the month £500 short and taxed on emergency rate even though I provided P45. Cheap, substandard ingredients, no equipment had to bring own utensils just so I could do my job and most of the equipment in the unit broken. Avoid at all costs. If I could give it no stars I would!!
Compass Group
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  London4 April 2019
Compass Group UK & Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc., the world’s leading foodservice company. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Sites, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio and generates annual revenues of over £13.4 billion.

Compass Group a market leader in providing world –class contract catering& support services in more than 50 countries around the world.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
bad wages
Stay away
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire2 April 2019
Management must have specific training to be vile human beings.
Deducting time off your break to get a drink.
Took phone calls and emails every day for 7 weeks to be paid money they owed me!!
Stay away from this company.
12 hour shifts
No training
Got sent home after being violently ill after eating in the canteen and got a stage 1warning for it
Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Cons
Management are bullies
Awful company to wirk for
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London31 March 2019
The most awful company ever to work for. Stay clear. All about profit . Work force opinions and experience don't count. Senior management favour who they know to give them jobs in management. And if your face doesnt fit, you have NO chance!!!!A joke of a company.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company
Not to be trusted
Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire29 March 2019
I loved the job and the people i worked with on a daily basis. Thats where it stops.
The company are full of promises and never deliver. Rewards for all your hard work are zero .
The promuse of pay rises and back pay were never seen through. A drop in the ocean to a company this size.
The only people who benefit in this company are the ones at the top.
Pros
Socialible hours
Cons
No respect
Lack of management, never response my voice, supervisor very poor knowledge, Health and Safety is rubbish as well as Food safety
Cafe Assistant/Barista (Former Employee) –  London20 March 2019
My supervisor treat me so unfair, he is poor as supervisor, bad personality, give load of job at the first place because my race
My pay slip undelivered to me, untul the fourth month I worked
Management never listen to my voice until I left, then offered me another outlet ro stay, however, I would not downgrafe my life staying in that management again
I was so terrible, stress for four months
Unpaid and under valued and then they don’t pay you
Leisure Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alexandra house20 March 2019
I have never experienced anything like this. High turnover. No care for staff or health and safety. Left to do high risks tasks without proper training. Lone working with no alarms.
Pros
Met some great friends
Cons
Long hours, no
Man management skills zero AVOID AT ALL COSTS !!!!
Chef (Former Employee) –  Midland15 March 2019
Poor management
no support just left to get on with it!!!
When problems arise or work load increases management disappears like magic....
Good work balance ???? If your single and have no life then yes that statement is correct !!!!!
Forget planning anything as staff rotas change week to week !!!
And when you want time off that your entitled too you have to explain why where and what you need time off for !!!!

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!!

if you want a life that is !!!!!!
Pros
Work colleagues
Very Poor Management
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear13 March 2019
Worked for this company for only 4 month and left. Management is absolutely terrible, no training provided what so ever. Your expected to know what your what your doing without any support. When asking for help it’s made out as if it’s the word. Unless your friends with the manager outside of work you will be made to feel like an outsider. How can a manager manage a team with no people skills?!

AVOID!
Pros
Leaving
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group UK & Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9