Community Services Employee Reviews

Awesome
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 April 2019
I really enjoyed my time at Community Services. Unfortunately they were not hiring full time and I was not able to stay.

I love doing any type of Administrative work so I really enjoyed the everyday work at Community Services
Great Agency all around!
Wish not to share (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC25 July 2018
Loved my time working with this agency. The staff are great, the management is great. Everyone was always supportive and encouraging. I would recommend this agency to anyone!
good
Activity Coordinator Indus (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 May 2018
It was really amazing to help the senior clients in center. I got an ooportunity help clients in the center. It was a different experience from my clienical experience.
good
Cons
nice
Lifer
Team Lead Justice Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON29 April 2018
Our hours tend to be all over the place but there is always room to grow. There are many programs within SLCS and if you want the feeling of doing something great, this is the place.
I have No plans of leaving
Team Environment
Volunteer Income Tax Preparer, WoodGreen (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2018
Great place to work, Corporate environment, teamwork , good opportunity to learn, learned different king of banking software like AS 400 , Fendserv, image mark etc.
new to the position
Client Support Worker, Shelter Nova Scotia (Current Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS4 October 2017
The majority of my employment experience has been as a manager in both the wholesale and retail environment; however, my education and a large part of my volunteer experience are within the field of community service focusing on mentoring, literacy and restorative justice.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 July 2017
We would first get all the food ready to be handed out on the plates, hand out plates when they are done. Take all the plates throw them out after all the eating has been done.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Everyday
Awesome Job
Youth Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2017
-I would see youth in crises all day, and help them through their challenges.
-The organization cares a lot about you and your well being
-hardest part of the job is that some of the people you work with are not ready for change
Pros
Benefits were really good
Cons
Very draining
fellow co-workers werrnt the friendlyeat to work with.
Camp Counselor (Main Street community services) (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON6 June 2017
While I worked at Main Street Community Services, the fellow employees weren't the friendliest nor were they the most understanding people in most situations.
A typical day at work would be, planning, setting up, or supervising an activity, clean the classroom that I was working in to make sure the youth have a clean environment, preparing daily schedules, and informing parents about the youths day/progress.
The management wasn't what I was expecting, from people who work with developmentally delayed youth.
The hardest part of the job would have been being with violent situations.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the children and youth, being able to help people, bonding with the children/youth and seeing their faces light up when I would come into work once we have made a bond.
Pros
Working with children and youth, helping people
Cons
could sometimes be very dangerous
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 May 2017
Typical day at work is very enjoyable. I learnt Safety values first. Management was good. Workplace was quiet and friendly. Hardest part is none. enjoyable part was free food
Pros
free food
Cons
Seasonal position with plenty of hours to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2017
Mac & Cheesery was a friendly environment with senior staff who were open to training new staff. The workplace was fast paced as it was set at a seasonal fair. It also demanded working on my feet all day and prepping. Work hours and pay were fair- staff would get bonuses if performance in job has been excellent; I was grateful that hard work was being recognized.

The hardest part of this job was the mental and physical strain. Fast paced environment meant consistently keeping a smile on your face when interacting with customers. This was also mentally draining because cash was handled and ensuring the right change meant calculating numbers all day.
Pros
Free lunches; friendly superiors, boss, and senior staff; clean environment
Cons
Mentally demanding (had to be alert at all times because of the fast paced environment).
Daily challanges, variety of work, strong on teamwork
Front line Staff and 225 clients (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 December 2016
A typical day as Community Services Director, consisted of arriving at about 7:15 A.M., check phone messages, emails, etc. Plan my day allowing some flexiablity for the unexpected. Check in with peers to discuss any concerns, touch base with Managers and Human Recource. May meet with CFO to discuss any budgetary concerns, Government Services for funding of new clients, assist Managers in tracking down any additional required services for the clients.

I worked with a strong and professional team who were willing to learn from each other and help each other when necessary.
My day would typically end at 6:00 P.M.

I found the most enjoyable part of my job was the variety of work and the hardest part was to find the time to achieve all goals
Helpful, organized
Caregiver/Support Person (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON5 December 2016
Very helpful, organized, fun, know a lot about the area you want to work in, resourceful, knowledgeable, knows what they are talking about and most of all positive
loved kids
Transporter of foster children (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS17 May 2016
loved working with lots of kids. we did lots of things like going on the bus, swimming at the pool etc...
lots of staff but I never saw them that often .I worked by my self . only saw them at staff meeting.
Pros
lots of fun
Cons
not good pay
I am only a volunteer on an on-call basis
RCMP Victim Services Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Keremeos, BC13 November 2014
I very much enjoy the support I prove within the community. I .receive free training and all the staff are all very helpful
Pros
I can pick my own hours
Cons
not a paid position at this time.
Productive and fun place to work
Lifeguard - City of Edmonton (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2014
The City of Edmonton provides a great work environment. They are great to their staff and treat them fairly.
Enjoyable time helping
Community services (Former Employee) –  Markstay, ON18 February 2013
A Typical day a work, well it was not a job but community service to help out teachers and the post office in Markstay Ontario. It was a very good experience leraning new things and working with kids, paper work and school.

I have learned how a professional work environment is and what to expect.

Management were great, there anytime you needed help or had any questions.

Co-workers were the one I helped, they were very friendly, helpfull and worked hard at there jobs.

The hardest part of the job I couldnt really say, because the job was a pleaser at all times.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be helping and being around nice people.
Pros
the people around me
Cons
lots of paper work
Planning a city wide event for two years
Recreation Playground Leader (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK11 February 2013
This job had so much excitment and challenges

Each day was different and there was always something to be solved

Able to meet and talk to many people in the business community
Pros
see direct results of my and my teams hard work
Cons
n/a
helping child,cleanig place.
40 hour (Former Employee) –  st.catharines6 August 2012
monday and friday i was working to help child to read the book and cleanig the place fix staf work to computer
Pros
anytime
Cons
10hour