Community Living Employee Reviews

Bad Company to work for
Developmental Support worker (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON12 September 2018
Not the greatest place to work. They have a very high turn over rate for staffing. I would suggest looking else where for employment if you can They force a lot of forced double. 16 hour shifts, i wouldn't plan to do anything after work because there is always a good chance that you will get stuck there.
Cons
Long hours, a lot of forced 16 hour shifts.
Management Sucks
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2018
In my experience the part time employees had to do all the work (including the full timers duties) and when this concern was shared with the manger she did nothing about it, she told us to discuss it with the team.

Full timers would be able to work from home which makes no sense if you’re supporting individuals in their home. And manager approved of this.
Great experience
Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2018
GREAT PLACE TO WORK nice and friendly staff was able to gain the experience in the field of ABA. Which was what I was looking for. Thanks for the beautiful experience.
Residential Counsellor
Residential Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON9 August 2018
A good opportunity to learn and update my skills.. constant upgrading was expected . i learned to get along with different people and value their opinions and did a lot of sharing ideas.
Clt
Community Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2018
Very flexible work hours
The organization does Not really advocate for the rights of people with intellectual disabilities
They play too many mind games around contract work, so you feel like your job is never stable
The salary is very low and staff feel unappreciated
Some staff have over 7 different roles, leads to burn out
Majority of staff are great, interesting people that really care about the lives of the individuals
Pros
Flexible time schedule
Cons
Low salary
good part time job
Respite/Special Services at Home Worker (Former Employee) –  South River, ON29 July 2018
I liked the work...but there was lots of travel and no numeration for it. It also was not counted in your hours. Parents had unrealistic expectations.
Pros
own schedule
Cons
only got paid once a month
Working with kids with disabilities
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ON25 July 2018
Hardest part of the job was covering for other staff. The job was 7-3 Monday to Friday. Activities included outing to park, cleaning up after the child. There was 30 children to mind. This was a Summer program job threw John Howard Society.
ok
Part Time Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2018
CLT is a great opportunity for advancement and experience. You learn many things and get a great work environment when needing improvement with skills.
Great concept, very poorly executed
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 July 2018
Helping vulnerable is very revording job but if you want to feel constant intimidation from the management, get a job at CLW. You will be working longer hours (double or even triple shifts), weekends, nights, holidays and you will never feel appreciated for stepping in. Your hours will be all over the place and don’t ever expecting full time either. I didn’t get it in almost 10 years.
once, big strong family, the company turned into constant rivalry between workers and management. It literally feels like it’s two completely different competing companies. It’s not unusual to be mistreated by your supervisor. I think they wake up every morning think who can They screw next.
You will constantly have management breathing in your neck for anything you do/don’t do. People are getting fired left and right. You are literally not important and they make sure you know it.
Pros
Somewhat ok pay (but not enough for what you have to endure.
Cons
Horrible management, inability to ever get full time
Being able to go on community outings
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 July 2018
The point of Community Living is to enjoy the community. So it is encouraged greatly to head out into the neighbouring community and have fun! Outing could include a hockey game, a drive to the beach, or even a picnic.
Pros
lots of outings with people supported
Cons
mostly part time work only
Good place to advance and for the experience
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON19 June 2018
Team work is in place which makes the work enjoyable. There is room for advancement. Money is good for the work that has been done. Learning new techniques is a good learning experience.
Headed in the Right Direction
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 June 2018
Overall a fairly good agency to work for but like any other job nowadays, it can take many years to obtain a full-time position. Many temporary contracts given to reliable employees.
Very Enjoyable
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ON11 June 2018
Started my career with this agency as a high school co op student. they stuck with me and taught me so much to make me who I am in the field I work in.
Amazing opportunity to work with individuals with a disability
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 May 2018
Community Living Mississauga is a great company. Their mission is to support individuals with a disability. From this, I learned a lot about what it is like to be around and help people that have limitations, because of this, it has made me a better person.
Worked around the city
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2018
Worked around toronto assisting the elderly and disabled with multiple tasks such as laundry, hygeine toileting, companionship and helping all kinds of people
Enjoyable organization to work for, welcoming and respectful
SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 April 2018
- Always adapting to new situations
- Have to stay focused throughout the shift
- constant and consistent problem solving
- meal preparation for clients
- setting up fun activities for clients
Pros
Learn something new everyday
Community Living review
Support Worker II (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON22 April 2018
As a part-time worker the work-life balance is great, I am paid well and I have very supportive management and coworkers. The organization needs to offer benefits to its part-time workers as only full-time workers (Management) receive benefits. At full-time, you can afford things like dental and massages, at part-time you really can't which is highly unfair. I have been needing new glasses, dental work and massages for years now and can't afford it. But all of my bills are paid every month. Sometimes the shifts are extremely boring and others very fun and event filled. The mixture is good. This is a great entry job for those fresh out of post secondary. I recommend this organization highly.
Pros
Decent pay, opportunities to build good relationships with people.
Cons
Sometimes very boring, no benefits to part-time workers
Cluov
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ON15 April 2018
I have learned a lot while being with Community Living of The Upper Ottawa Valley in the past 3.5 years.

I have learned to be a more diverse individual as well as flexible.
Okay summer program/ poor management - little growth within company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2018
Summer program is excellent for students looking for a summer position. However, I find that support workers were under paid for the work we did and given no chance for growth within the company.
Pros
outdoors/planning schedules
Cons
long hours out in the sun
Fun and open working enviornment
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brant, ON9 April 2018
Fast paced and fun workplace for individuals that are self starters with ambition to succeed. Plenty of work in both a team setting and individual setting