Community Living Prince Edward

Community Living Prince Edward Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews

Would have scored 5s except for senior manager

There is good and bad in all agencies. This agency has far more good than bad. But one person who has a lot of influence can create an unproportionate amount of bad. Stay clear of this person and you will love working here.

I love working here

I'm constantly impressed with Community Living Prince Edward. I feel valued as a human and as an employee. I have achieved a work life balance that's hard to find at most agencies. I don't hesitate to encourage my friends to apply...it's a great place to work.

Insights into Community Living Prince Edward

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

Rewarding job great pay

You’ll get paid well to support people with everyday life! You can take people out places and have fun. You’ll be responsible for 4-6 people in a residential setting. Help people achieve personal goals and promote independence.

Pros

Paid to do fun things like movies, concerts, picnics, swim

Terrible Culture, Toxic Management

Excellent pay but upper management doesn’t care about employee wellness and treats staff as if they are incompetent. Burnout is high throughout the organization, with stress leaves being the only way people can stand to stay for years. Would not recommend working here if you want to enjoy your work life.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Toxic workplace

Toxic Workplace

Unrealistic Expectations, top heavy management and they want total “ CONTROL”, unstable and lazy staff, no team effort, minimal communication, lack of staff resources, training and orientation was almost nil, disrespectful, left to work alone doing 12 hour shifts, insufficient staffing, setting staff up to “FAIL”.

Pros

Hourly wage

Cons

Hardest part of the job was paper work over personal interaction with individuals supported.

Good place to work if you want to be under the feet of management. Your micro managed and your personal Opinion often does not matter. Ideas and options are not considered and your always encouraged to run to management with the slightest issue.

Employees are encouraged to create an atmosphere of little to no trust between members

Toxic atmosphere where you are always watching your back with other employees trying to get ahead by making others look bad. Full time employees have little to no respect for parttime employees. St

Found my career

I have the most laid back job and a great wage! I love knowing I’m making a difference, everyday is a new challenge and I truly love coming to work everyday. I support some amazing people, management is great, I would highly recommend!

Pros

Advancement, wage

Cons

Remote area

Incredible work environment

I have worked at several different jobs throughout my life so far and Community Living Prince Edward has been by far my favourite. All the employees and staff are so kind and welcoming. I love working with the residents in the homes. Making a difference in their lives makes me so happy.

Placement Student

I did a field placement here through my college. I learned so much from the fellow workers. they took the time to show me how to fill out paperwork properly and the proper language to use as well. the individuals I helped support were such wonderful people.

great opertunity

it was fun working with all of the people. i loved this opertunity.

Pros

time with a lot of great people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Living Prince Edward. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement