Community Living Elgin

Community Living Elgin Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
Toxic
Spent too long there. No more room for advancement.Training at the time was minimal. Large number of clients with mental health concern and no training was provided in this area.
Direct Support Professional
Community Living Elgin is famous for all the wrong reasons.
Managers are an interesting lot. Most avoid difficult conversations and are unable to lead. They try to be approachable, but gossiping with frontine staff makes them look untrustworthy. They dont want to have difficult discussions so problems are never resolved. There has been a staffing shortage for years, but instead of looking critically at what is going wrong part time staff are guilted into working more and more hours and never get benefits, but they do get burn out.

The clients supported by CLE are amazing people.

I learned how strong I really am. Despite dealing with this toxic workplace for many years I didn't let them beat me.
Amazing
I've never worked for a better company. My supervisor is amazing and understanding as well as relaxed. My co workers can suck at times but for the most part, I'm part of a great and well educated team.
Its great
I love it, my supervisor is extremely understanding and supportive. The pay is good. The hours arent that flexible but my supervisor worked hard to give me a block that would work around my schedule.
Management is not professional
This company does not give you notice to work a shift.
If you are employed as a casual employee they will fire you as soon as you miss your 1 shift every 45 days. They do not value professionals whom have senority within the company.
Sad to leave
I really enjoyed working with this agency but needed more hours and closer to home. The hours were mostly always weekend and there was no sign of ever getting full time hours as many senior staff were not going anywhere
Awesome experience and great place and agency for people with disabilities of all ages,race etc.
- different experience of care and needs and wants
- allowed each individual in the agency to achieve their dreams,needs,and wants thru employment,community agencies, community involvement

-amazing teams

-great management
Pros
awesome personalities
Cons
cut hours and shifts
see following
Daily routine of individuals. Morning routine; bathing, dressing, feeding, and then activities.
Learned to work individuals with special needs that I have done before.

Management helpful when needed

Hardest part dealing with individuals that communicate to u. So you have to try redirection or activities to make them happy.

Making them smile. A good day.
Pros
experience in different homes
Cons
not understanding the underlining problem
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Community Living Elgin?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Living Elgin. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9