Community Living Alternative Services Employee Reviews

Very loving and caring Team Members
Youth Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2017
I enjoyed working with this company, my learning did not stop, they always had workshops for their employers to attend. The company entailed travelling from community to community and several cities in Canada, this made the job more exciting. I worked with a group of lovely women who were not just co-workers but became family.
Pros
Paid travel, paid education and training
Cons
Time away from family when you travel
Residential Support Worker
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2017
• Worked alongside individuals with developmental and severe behavioral disorders
• Identified and defined problems
• Referred individuals to the necessary professionals
Only positive is coworkers and clients, upper management TERRIBLE
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2017
Long hours, relatively low pay... but you can make a lot of money because you are working over 100 hours a week sometimes... there is little to no guidance from upper management and if something goes wrong...you will be the first to blame probably... upper management operates on a very much like personal basis and if they do not like you watch out! inappropriate relationships between supervisors and staff it seems.. coordinators seem to be very self driven with a lack of care for staff it appears.. business is run like a dictatorship it feels like. On call supervisors pretty much ask what you would do rather than give instruction on how to handle different crises...can be very rude and get angry with staff it appears..
Good parts of the job would be the clients, they are great and lots of different outtings you can go on with them that help their lives. Coworkers make the days fun and can be very supportive with the high-stress demands of the job
Pros
clients, coworkers
Cons
upper management!!!! long hours, expected to work, will be called on your days off
22 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our agency. CLAS strives to create the best environment for Individuals accessing services, as well as our employees. CLAS takes every comment and complaint very seriously. Instances of favoritism and unnecessary blame do not follow our values, beliefs, or policies. If you would please contact us at humanresources@c-l-a-s.ca so we can further investigate this issue and help make the CLAS community better.

Like to build teams and always appreciate team work
Complex Needs Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2017
I pride myself on taking the time to get to know and to gain the trust of every client, support worker, Public Guardian, generic services that I support. My ability to build positive relationships with the clients and the team that I support strengthens my ability to de-escalate potential crisis situations and creates a win-win for all concerned. I have recently become certified to administer the Static and Dynamic.
Suitable place to work
Resident Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary10 January 2017
Great work environments with a positive effect on staff productivity, engagement, wellness, and company culture. Assessment and planning were the designing of the workplace that best fits the type of work conducted, it’s flow, and the preferences of employees.

Highly productive working environment, we had to know the priorities of our staff, how they carry out their tasks, and what environmental aspects that made their work lives more satisfying.
22 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our agency. CLAS takes pride in the service we provide. Could you please contact us at humanresources@c-l-a-s.ca so we can award the Individuals that provide service that goes above and beyond. The CLAS community thanks you for helping us improve.

Poorly Managed Agency
Group Home Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 December 2016
Agency has gone downhill in the last year or so.
The newly created Human Resource Department should be renamed the Inhumane Department.
Mean, mean people work there.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
22 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our agency. Many changes have been happening at CLAS recently, and the CLAS community is consistently making an effort to improve every aspect of the agency. Please contact us at humanresources@c-l-a-s.ca to provide more information that will help make a difference in the quality of service we provide.

This place will drain your soul, beat you down and make you think youre too useless to leave
RSW (Former Employee) –  Cochrane29 November 2016
Inappropriate relationships between supervisors and front line. Extreme favoritism, covering for certain Staff, spending time with certain staff outside of work. Supervisors will lie to your face. Backstabbing, immature behavior, rolling eyes, poor tones. Watch your back always.
Pros
Mature, great staff, very far and few
Cons
Highschool all over again
21 March 2017

CLAS strives to create the best environment for the Individuals accessing services, as well as the employees. We are always looking for ways to make CLAS a safe and welcoming environment for staff and Individuals accessing services. Favoritism segregates people from an experience that they have the right to enjoy. CLAS takes every comment and complaint very seriously. If you would please contact us at humanresources@c-l-a-s.ca so we can further investigate this issue and help make the CLAS community better.

Money hungry management
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB3 October 2016
It was abundantly clear that the main focus of this company is NOT the clients they serve. It is MONEY. Almost all management I encountered thought themselves to be experts in the field and yet there was no real outlined process of support. I heard of nightmarish episodes and issues from the group homes and day programs alike - in almost every location as well. Staff and management definitely plays favorites, both with other staff, and clients. And lord help you if you have any problems with your paycheque - office and administration staff is a gong show. I would strongly recommend working elsewhere if you can, and I would never hire this company for any member of my family.
Pros
Beautiful and inspiring clients
Cons
Management and Administration, poor programming, lack of true interest in the field of business
21 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our agency. The CLAS community is consistently making an effort to improve every aspect of the agency. Some of the aspects you described above do not portray what CLAS is striving to do. Please contact us at humanresources@c-l-a-s.ca to provide more information that will help make a difference in the quality of service we provide.

Agency has gone down hill
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB26 September 2016
I used to enjoy working for CLAS. My supervisor/coordinator was very supportive/understanding and really knew the clients. She looked out for the best interest of the individuals and ensured that the staff were able to properly support them. Since she left the place has gone downhill. No support from supervisors and management, no longer client centered, just a terrible place to work.
Pros
clients
Cons
Supervisors/management
21 March 2017

CLAS takes pride in the service we provide. We are sorry for the changes that have impacted you, could you please contact us at humanresources@c-l-a-s.ca so we can continue to improve the quality of our services and workplace, and find out where it went wrong. CLAS believes in an environment and community where everyone can enjoy the work they do or the service they receive.

Would not recommend this company
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Alberta7 June 2016
Clients are challenging but great.
Management is very cold and unsupportive to employees.
Client homes are extremely run down, and long working hours without overtime,
Expectation for use of own vehicle and expenses for client outings, no reinversment for gas or paid for events/activities... (Rather an expectation as part of the job).

Company doesn't honour / follow through on promises

Many unsafe working conditions ... Expectation to Transport clients with dangerous behaviour alone where client may potentially cause serious accidents.

Employees experience a supervising staff who play favouritism.

A difficult place to work if you care about doing a quality job for your employer.
Pros
The clients are super
Cons
The management team lacks a human perspective
Dysfunctional office
RSP (Former Employee) –  Calgary26 May 2016
Management is awful. I've never had superiors who were that incompetent. The actual job is okay, but terrible coordinators and supervisors who don't know what they're doing made it an awful experience. Would not recommend this as a workplace.
Pros
Shift work, if you like that sort of thing
Cons
A good place to learn how to interact and deal with unique individuals
Day Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Ab20 July 2015
Knowing that people are different in many ways some have disadvantages that hinders their plans and goals in life. As a worker I am their to support and serve as an advocate to those special People.
Residential Support worker (Former Employee)
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Alberta11 July 2015
Horrible management and many non-qualified staff. High turnover. Harassment in the workplace is common at CLAS. You can make a lot of money working 72+ hours a week. Some of the clients are extremely challenging and they think nothing of hiring high school grads to work with them.
Would not recommend working for CLAS.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Poor management
Great job
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 June 2015
Enjoyed my time at this company great pay awesome hours very good experience. I would recommend working for this company if you get the opportunity.
Great for working with people
Residential support worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary22 April 2015
Terrible management, in experienced, Poor living conditions. Very high rate of turn over for staff. Clients are great
Fun, supportive work environment
Residential Support Worker / Behavioural Therapist (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB27 March 2014
I love working at CLAS, but I need to transition to a night job, because of my program at University of Calgary
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Long hour 12 hours shift
Positive people with good values
Live in Supportive Room-mate (Former Employee) –  Home24 April 2013
In a typical work day you would take a client to lunch and a movie.
Pros
you can work at home