Community Living Alternative Services

Community Living Alternative Services Employee Reviews for Facilitator

Facilitator2 reviews
Canada2 reviews

Productive and a fun place to be.

I work full time at CLAS. I've learned a lot since I got hired with CLAS. I've worked with people who are low functioning as well as the people who are very high functioning. I started with CLAS as a social worker. I worked as a social worker for a year and now I've become a community resource facilitator (CRF). The hardest part of my job is actually the responsibility that we have when it comes to supporting an individual. I love my job because I wanted to make a difference in the world. I believe that supporting someone can be very manageable even though it seems very hard. A lot of people don't know how to support individuals.

Narrowminded company with little to no support for staff

Unfortunately, this company is not open to new and forward thinking concepts. There is no support for staff in regards to management, which breeds resentment and burnout. The moral is very low and it seems everyone is out for themselves. Very disappointing considering what this company is supposed to stand for.

Cons

no work life balance, low pay, lack of respect from management

Official response from Community Living Alternative Services

11 August 2017
Thank you for taking the time to review our agency. CLAS practices the Agency values of; respect for the rights and dignity of persons, dignity of risk, responsible and safe caring, integrity of relationships, social responsibility, community connections (Inclusion), and accessibility, in all of our affairs. The instances described above clearly do not follow our values, beliefs, or policies. If you would please contact us at humanresources@c-l-a-s.ca so we can further investigate this issue and help make the CLAS community better for Individuals accessing services as well as the employee support community.

Insights into Community Living Alternative Services

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Living Alternative Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement