Community Living Alternative Services Employee Reviews in Cochrane, AB

Flexible schedule
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cochrane, AB10 August 2019
Good place to work, but could be better. The programs are well suited to the individuals and the agency takes time to meet the needs of their staff. It is a melting pot for multiculturalism.
Hang on tight, you are in for a bumpy ride.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cochrane, AB25 March 2019
If you have a chance to go somewhere else I'd recommend seriously looking at it. This place will chew you up and spit you out without a second thought.

-Unqualified and incompetent management.
-Unqualified and incompetent staff.
-Culture of favoritism and nepotism.
-100% agency centered care.
-Unapproachable HR dept., used as enforcers.
-Lack of staff support.
-Inappropriate relationships.
-Inappropriate staff conduct.
-General lack of concern for the well being of the individuals in support.

The list goes on.

This place is all about the money, everything else is a secondary concern. Some of the things I've seen happen here would make your head spin. Constant staff and lower level management turnover. The last people I would want to contact is HR as that would surely put a target on my back. Unless you are friends with someone in management your job security here is next to none. If you do happen to be related to or friends with someone in management, feel free to come do nothing, take programs in a backwards direction, generally be a negative influence and you will have a home for many years to come.

I would never put a loved one or family member in this agencies care.
Pros
The Individuals in support. Bonuses.
Cons
Management. Unqualified and disinterested staff.
not the worst
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cochrane, AB14 March 2019
issues with management
high turn over rate
staff are two faced and make life hard
no job security
they bounce you around
can make good money if you keep your head down and work like a slave
not the worst job. i love my individuals
Pros
can make good money
Cons
tons
Poor
Developmental Disabilities Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB13 August 2017
An environment of nepotism, hypocrisy and division prevails ...to the detriment of workers who are truly passionate about inclusion, advocacy and holistic support of individuals with disabilities.
17 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our agency. The CLAS community is consistently trying to improve every aspect of the Agency, including the working environment. Please contact us at humanresources@c-l-a-s.ca to provide more information that will help make a difference in the quality of service we provide.

community service worker
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB8 June 2017
worked with clients in the community prompting positive behvavior and working as team. loved my job even though it was temporary. learned how to deal with challening behaviours in adults.
Pros
Fun environment
This place will drain your soul, beat you down and make you think youre too useless to leave
RSW (Former Employee) –  Cochrane29 November 2016
Inappropriate relationships between supervisors and front line. Extreme favoritism, covering for certain Staff, spending time with certain staff outside of work. Supervisors will lie to your face. Backstabbing, immature behavior, rolling eyes, poor tones. Watch your back always.
Pros
Mature, great staff, very far and few
Cons
Highschool all over again
21 March 2017

CLAS strives to create the best environment for the Individuals accessing services, as well as the employees. We are always looking for ways to make CLAS a safe and welcoming environment for staff and Individuals accessing services. Favoritism segregates people from an experience that they have the right to enjoy. CLAS takes every comment and complaint very seriously. If you would please contact us at humanresources@c-l-a-s.ca so we can further investigate this issue and help make the CLAS community better.

Money hungry management
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB3 October 2016
It was abundantly clear that the main focus of this company is NOT the clients they serve. It is MONEY. Almost all management I encountered thought themselves to be experts in the field and yet there was no real outlined process of support. I heard of nightmarish episodes and issues from the group homes and day programs alike - in almost every location as well. Staff and management definitely plays favorites, both with other staff, and clients. And lord help you if you have any problems with your paycheque - office and administration staff is a gong show. I would strongly recommend working elsewhere if you can, and I would never hire this company for any member of my family.
Pros
Beautiful and inspiring clients
Cons
Management and Administration, poor programming, lack of true interest in the field of business
21 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our agency. The CLAS community is consistently making an effort to improve every aspect of the agency. Some of the aspects you described above do not portray what CLAS is striving to do. Please contact us at humanresources@c-l-a-s.ca to provide more information that will help make a difference in the quality of service we provide.

Agency has gone down hill
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB26 September 2016
I used to enjoy working for CLAS. My supervisor/coordinator was very supportive/understanding and really knew the clients. She looked out for the best interest of the individuals and ensured that the staff were able to properly support them. Since she left the place has gone downhill. No support from supervisors and management, no longer client centered, just a terrible place to work.
Pros
clients
Cons
Supervisors/management
21 March 2017

CLAS takes pride in the service we provide. We are sorry for the changes that have impacted you, could you please contact us at humanresources@c-l-a-s.ca so we can continue to improve the quality of our services and workplace, and find out where it went wrong. CLAS believes in an environment and community where everyone can enjoy the work they do or the service they receive.