Community Living

Community Living Employee Reviews

Canada468 reviews
I truly enjoyed my time working at community living. We were able to support some amazing individuals who would make your day.
Issues with the job would be lack of training.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Way too many years to advance
Excellent workplace , you are in a certain way your own boss. Work at your own pace It's like a family environment, very pleasant I love it. If I have to work there for the rest of my life would!
Pros
100% pro nothing against
Cons
Na
I was an ODSP Peer Employment Worker but it was through Community Living. They were not my actual employer they only found me this job through Job Match. But the employment workers that I worked with made my experience there amazing but it was only a ten month contract position. Would have loved to do this as a forever job.
Pros
Staff and salary
Cons
Alot of travel
Communication skills
Light/heavy labour work

Flexible hours

Time consuming

No work experience required

Responsible for providing work equipment/gear
Pros
Self Employed
Cons
Occasional under the table work
They are truly looking out for the best support for people with physical and intellectual disabilities. Training is amazing and they do their best to fit you with the right individuals to ensure the best services they can provide.
My position with clt was a contract position for one year. As a secretary, I was responsible for answering the phone and typing reports/letters. In that year I only got one letter back with a spelling mistake and that was a funny one. It was lunch time and I was hungry. So instead of typing sincerely, I typed sincelery. The person who the letter was for and I had a good laugh about that one.
Pros
Open-office concept, Only managers had their own office, Prefer to have people around me while I am working.
Cons
Long commute
Community Living provides a great service to those in need and offers team support. People genuinely care for those they serve and it's a needed service for communities, Individuals, and families.
Pros
Home cooked food
Cons
Long Hours and Holidays are worked such as Christmas
Fast paced.
good coworkers.

always something to learn.

Management can be difficult to work with at times.

People supported are lovely!

Never boring.
Most managers are good people. They try to help and they regularly attend the programs they oversee. The pay is not comparable to other agencies like this one but the expectations of the staff are much lower. This agency allows its staff to have fun with their clients. This allows clients to have a better quality of life and to build positive relationships with their staff. CLGS is like a big family.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
often stuck working a double. Not good for single parents. The schedules are also a mess
CLB is a very rewarding place to work as a support worker, in that you will make amazing conncetions with the people you support. Unfortunately the good news stops there. The culture is completely toxic. Some staff work every weekend, some work none, it's all a luck of the draw. This only serves to build resentment between staff. Upper management will never lift a finger to help you, and breeds a culture of fear and frustration. You will never work in a job where you will be put in your place by upper management with snide and snippy comments on Sharevision, or be made to feel as unvalued as this place. Needs a management overhaul.
Management is a complete and utter joke, it was seriously like working for a corrupt police department.
Your role is extensive with NO acknowledgement or appreciation.
It can be a very stressful job with alot of responsibility, but very rewarding. It is important to focus on your job and avoid the cliques. Residents are fantastic, and it is a wonderful feeling helping them thrive! A difficult manager can make or break the employees in that work environment. Management needs to be shuffled around more, as the manager themselves, can burn out their employees!
Working here was fun. Connecting with clients and helping them progress was enriching and gave a sense of doing something good. The self-growth here is visible in myself.
Pros
Sef-growth
Cons
Manager shows favoritism to specific staff and excludes a lot of us out, we are in need of hours but only gives it to who she prefers. They will cut hours without hesitation and without notice, I feel discriminated, humiliated with how my Manager had approached certain situations.
The requirements for this job are very easy to obtain. Need to be patient and understanding as a support worker. Need to be sociable and capable of supporting the youth in multiple ways (ex. heavy lifting, hygiene).
Pros
relaxed. Able to participate in fun summer activities like swimming
Cons
long hours, no breaks from supporting and supervising youth
I enjoy working here and it can be a lot of fun if you have a positive attitude about the job and toward the clients. I have had lots of training opportunities and areas to make improvments.
Wonderful place to work. Great co-workers and Supervisors. Great place to work grow and learn. Many homes with wonderful individuals to support and help
Great place to work had same schedule weekly
How to be supportive

Made me a stronger person and understanding

Management was great alway willing to listen.

Loosing a client

Making all my clients happy
Wasn’t too happy with the way staff are treated. Things were very heavily one-sided management against staff. Substantial improvement needed. Management should consider the knowledge and experience of Frontline staff in before making major decisions.
I enjoy working there. It is amazing to support people and make them smile and accomplish things.
My only issue is the hours are not consistent. Sometimes I get 40hrs and sometimes I get 24hrs. The company will work around another job as well.
Supervisors and managers are unprofessional. Theres never any support or help when you need it. Front line are left to make serious decisions in moments of crisis without any backup.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Living. Our community is ready to answer.