Community Care Durham

Canada20 reviews
Good workplace

Looking after clients in Home Health Care

Working with team members

Caring for elderly and senior clients

Good hours and fair wage
Managers and uppers management don’t care about their employee and break the rights of employees more then often. They cut clients hours short they don’t give the clients what they have qualified for from the government They ignore staffs requests for the clients. They ignore clients complaints and never adhere to clients rights or their dignity. To many managers that have no experience working with elderly in healthcare They should pay the healthcare workers more money and get rid of 75% of upper management and office workers To driven on making money for themselves then for the taking care of their clients wants and needs
Community Care Durham offers flexibility and competitive wages. Many different positions available within the company which allows for professional growth.
I took a 7 week stress leave due to personal medical issues as well as a medical issue with my daughter-The work atmosphere at the CCD office where I was employed had gone through so many changes, I could barely keep a grip on the over abundance of workload I was continuing to have put on me. I felt like I was struggling to stay above water. I was never one to complain or leave coworkers (in my case-one) without support, but I was at the end of my rope. I was sick of the unfairness and lack of management care. This rose through all ranks. When I returned to my position, all of my work and personal possessions had been removed from my office and I was left feeling totally unworthy as an employee. Needless to say I resigned almost immediately. During my exit interview the new HR employee told me my leave was “quite a long time off”, In my opinion, not only was that unprofessional of her in her position, but also a blatant disregard of a major element of what CCD is to stand for-Supporting others.
We had almost no training on the positions. Changes were being made and they tried to make it look like they were being "transparent" but had no intentions of it. I was told that I was "finally" dealing with things that had been asked to be dealt with for 3+ years. I could not handle my hands being tied and the office politics any longer so I needed to leave the agency. They hire based on pieces of paper, not actual knowledge. Management would rather never admit to being wrong.
Pros
fair pay, friendly peers/staff
Cons
minimal training, feel lost on the job, inconsistancy, dishonesty from above
Upper management (Directors & their direct Admin) were always looking at a way to mess you up & blame you for mistakes to cover their own butts. Put a lot of workload on the mental health COPE manager.
Pros
Free coffee & lunches celebrate holidays & birthday
Cons
Extremely "politically correct".
Easy to work here. Nice and generous staff. Can be productive most of the times. Would recommend as there are a lot of different positions available for volunteer and work.
Pros
kind staff
Cons
can be less productive sometimes
A typical day at community care Durham was wonderful had amazing employees. My psotiton was to provide care for the elderly client helping with eating, dressing, washing, helping the client with their ADL's
people are friendly, easy to understand and co operative. envoirment is great .Many people are willing to do volunteer work with them. while i was with them, they have never let me feel that i am new there or do not know anyone there. Every one appreciate every little effort.
Helpful team and management, lots of friendly clients.
Payrate- non-competitive

lots of short visits

wear and tear of the vehicle

lots of services to help / refer to clients
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Community Care Durham?
Horrible place to work, staff not friendly and they all gang up on you if you are not there type of friend. The clients were amazing but overall, the staff made the experience uncomfortable..
Pros
Clients
Cons
Staff
Typical day would be to pick up a client and drive them to their appointment.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the social interaction with the client(s) on a daily basis with lots of communication and laughs.
I do not have a typical day of work, every day is different. When you would with vulnerable people inn the community you never really know what will come up that day. Great workplace, lots of support from management which helps especially when dealing with difficult situations.
My job is very rewarding and can be difficult at times. I always try my best to support my clients in any way that I can.
Pros
Support
Cons
Not enough hours
I volunteered with this company, They were a wonderful company. Helped me to improve my work ethics. The management were suberb and very friendly.When I joined the company, I was given an orientation. My job entailed calling clients of the organization to inquire about their health and to book transportation for all their scheduled appointments. This was very interestin, and i met many of the clients on the job.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Nice and friendly staff.
Was only there for a few months, organization and staff were amazing. Go out of their way to work with everyone (both workers and people who come in for help) Learned a lot while there.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Emotional
They were a very supportive workplace. Very encouraging of advancing your schooling and very flexible for scheduling shifts. Amazing clients make the job very fulfilling.
Cut grass and other outside maintenance for seniors
Great way to be active and be outside

Got to met nice people in the community
Very rewarding. Loved getting to know all of the clients. Great place to work. Thoroughly enjoyed spending the one on one time with clients.
I enjoyed working there for over 3 years, but it is time for a change. I will miss my coworkers. The company was very corporate and by the books.
great people and great team worked with amazing seniors and enjoyed promoting their independence. we cleaned houses and did friendly visiting