Community Apothecary

Community Apothecary Employee Reviews

Great Place to work

Great pharmacy to work with. Helpful staff.I have been working here for the past 4 months and I absolutely love it. Overall, good company to work with great atmosphere

Pros

flexible schedule; great team work.

Started out great, but ended in disappointment.

TL;DR: What started out as a great job turned into a toxic situation in the span of approximately 18 months. Workload went from reasonable to unmanageable. This led to long hours, frustrating workflow issues, and a lack of work-life balance. Newer employees were consistently treated better than more senior staff. New grads wanting to put into practice the breadth of knowledge they have acquired in school would do well to steer clear from this pharmacy.For the first six months, this felt like my dream job: the dispensary was “no public access”; the workload was manageable; when I was out in the field, I was seeing the same patients almost every day and developing positive therapeutic relationships with them; I was liaising with doctors, nurses, and mental health workers on a regular basis; and I really felt like I was an integral part of the team while making a positive impact on my patients’ lives, most of whom were dealing with substance use disorders and/or mental health issues. As the patient base grew, so did the workload, and unfortunately, this is when things began to go awry. There didn’t seem to be a concrete plan in place for the pharmacy’s growth, which led to chronic understaffing. Work-life balance declined significantly, and although management did make weak attempts to rectify this, it always seemed like a “one step forward, two steps back” situation. Instead of being proactive, every “fix” came a few months too late. I made specific suggestions to management on several occasions that I believed could improve the overall workflow/workload, but was dismissed -

Pros

Average wage, large/bright/well organized dispensary, no public access while working in dispensary, employer instituted pandemic pay for 3 months

Cons

Long hours, lack of work-life balance, poor communication from management, clientele may be off-putting to some, very little in the way of clinical work

Innovative practice

This is an innovative practice where everyone from the owner to employees are passionate about harm reduction and providing care to marginalized populations. Interprofessional collaboration between pharmacists, physicians and nurses.

Innovative company that cares about its employees and is making a difference in peoples’ wellbeing!

Community Apothecary was a great experience for me. Management was very accommodating with my continuing education as I became a pharmacy technician. I thoroughly enjoyed working for Community Apothecary and would have continued if the lower Mainland wasn’t so crowded and expensive! I was paid an excellent wage and treated with respect. Consideration was always given to any suggestions/ ideas I had to offer.

Great place to work!

The pharmacy staff are a delight to work with, very friendly, helpful and supportive of each other. Management was approachable and open to new ideas. Work schedule was flexible within reason allowing a good work-life balance.

friendly, organized and low stress workplace

Daily work load shared with co workers in a fun, low stress, friendly environment. Flexible schedule with no overtime and easy to communicate with management/owner. Its great to work for a company that cares and wants to make a difference in the community.

Great working environment with an amazing staff and management.

The team here is phenomenal. The people are driven and the patient care that is a result of that is exceptional. The boss is very understanding and the work culture is safe and motivating.

Very fun, relaxing and inviting

Since day one working here everyone has been very nice, helpful, supportive and welcoming. Any questions I've had someone is always able and there to help/assist you. Very organized and easy to understand the workflow of prescriptions. Management is good at communicating with staff and offers constructive criticism when needed. Overall this is an excellent place to work.

Community apothecary provides a great work- family balance, which is really important to me as a mom. The manager will go above and beyond to try to accommodate the needs of each employee and really cares about your well-being. This place has great flexible working hours. We also get to work with fun smart, professional colleagues that aim to provide the best service and care to the patient/ facility we cater. The manager acknowledges your hard work and gives opportunities for learning and growth. It’s just an amazing and great place to work at.

Great place to work!

Lots of flexibility in scheduling, really interesting work environment and awesome coworkers! It's a good opportunity to work in the community and you really feel like you make a difference in people's lives.

Great Place to Work

Working in addictions has its challenges and at Community Apothecary I always felt supported. It’s a team oriented place and management is kind and approachable for any of your questions/concerns.

Fun workplace, private pharmacy, close-knit team of coworkers

I worked as a LPN with this company and sometimes would work in the pharmacy as an assistant several years ago. Staff were all friendly, the manager provided me a flexible schedule which worked out with my school. I liked the company so much I recommended my husband to join their team. Though I have left this company, my husband continues to happily work for them. The manager sets up events for team bonding and is very supportive of my husband's schedule for full time school. We are both very happy with this Community Apothecary. Keep up the awesome work for this community!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Apothecary. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5