Communitas Supportive Care Society

Communitas Supportive Care Society Employee Reviews

I was hired on as a temporary casual worker - never having done a casual position before I didn't know what to expect but so far I have been loving it. I'm thankful my hours have been pretty consistent but I truly love going to work. The employees within the organization are all very friendly, always willing to help out if you have questions and they are taking all COVID-19 protocols very seriously and protecting their employees and supported individuals.
Pros
culture, advancement opportunities, shift work to suit your life
Team is great, and I felt connected. Training in the job too. They encouraged me to take days off, have work/life balance. They approved Professional Development.
I love working for Communitas as they are client centered. Yes, sometimes the work is stressful and you feel under appreciated but I think that you will find that any where. Over all it is also incredibly rewarding and I love working for the company and at my program. We have a great team here.
Pros
Great team and work environment.
Cons
Shift work
I've had a really positive overall experience with Communitas. I found the shift work really exhausting at the residential home I was at, as they had very random hours. However I did really enjoy the people and I was so thrilled to be making a difference in people's lives. My position with a day program has been wonderful, great hours, fair wage, fun clients, and a very supportive team.
Pros
Great hours with the day program
Cons
The exhaustion of shift work
i enjoyed working at the home i worked in. the clients were very loving and I enjoyed the job. The change in policies for casuals and forcing them to give up every weekend and holiday in order to keep their job i found was not fair, and not a good way to keep on casual staff. high staff turn over, and management change made it hard to keep the home fully staffed and safe for the clients and staff. Even staff that have a line, don't always get time off approved. Communitas did offer some learning programs, but were not offered to all staff.
Pros
outings with clients
Cons
no life out side of work.
I love working in such an encouraging environment where I can tell that my fellow coworkers are team players and truly care about their work and the individuals we serve. Management is supportive, and there has been opportunities to grow in my role and responsibilities.
Everyone is very kind and friendly. The work environment is always caring and welcoming. The interviewers are sweet and the receptionists are very helpful.
Unless you are a person of faith, you won't fit in. Saw lots of that there. The idea not to allow enough time to get the mandated orientation completely done, and get told to make a cup of tea, put your feet up and complete your orientation without pay at home was enough to make me rethink the decision to work there
I was in one of the group home,it was a fast paced, enjoyed serving the individuals, manager was awesome.I learned a lot of patience, understanding. The company provided us tools on how to do the job.The hardest part of the job was not able to understand the individuals that we care for otherwise it was rewarding job it thought me a lot.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Communitas Supportive Care Society?
good team to work with, very friendly most people are part time just 2 shifts a week no room for promotion, very little room for growth the residents are wonderful
I am very satisfied with communitas, I desire they will give more payments because I am driving 90 km daily from home to work. They are giving continuing education and upgrades standards by providing ongoing classes with regular pay. Staff can work without stress.
Communitas is a wonderful organization to work for. I see first hand the level of support from staff, management, and the excellent connection with the individuals we support. I have never experienced a workplace where I feel so proud of where I work.
I would not recommend working for this company as an employer or as a resource for friends or families in need. Several of my co-workers from communitas were mistreated as well as the person in care.
Communitas is a place where I have come to feel accepted and valued. The workplace culture places great value on working toward goals together. Management is very supportive.
Communitas has been a great environment for professional development. There are a wide variety of programs to work for, and I have had the pleasure of being able to move around and up in the organization. The nature of the work can be challenging (but rewarding), so self-care is important, which Communitas encourages. My colleagues are supportive and passionate about the people they serve, and it's a pleasure to be a part of an organization that is dedicated to serving others.
I have worked for Communitas for many years now, and I appreciate the positive and supportive work environment. Staff are enthusiastic and care about their work and the people we serve. This is a healthy and happy place to work and I hope to be here for many more years!
My job at Communitas is the only job I've ever had that I love to show up to. Upper management has never made me feel 'less than', but more an equal. Individuals served become like family. It's truly a gift to be able to get paid to do something you love.
Pros
Being paid to make a difference in people's lives
Communitas put people first in all ways: the people they serve and the staff who work for them. It's an inspiring place to come to work every day. I love my colleagues and I love the people we serve!
Friends were not allowed to work on same place. Night shift is paid less. So much work. Managment is not friendly. Overtime pay only after 50 hours per week. Worst.
Management was horrible. If they do not like you, they target you and make your life miserable. They also assume that you should know everything without proper training or further explanations. Communitas, over works their employees and has very little concern for their well being or their own mental health. This was hands down the worst company I have ever worked for.
management could be better and the working culture is so wonderful i've learned how to communicate with mental disability people and to enjoy life with them