Communitas Supportive Care Society Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC4 January 2019
I feel like I'm making a difference in the lives of those we support. My manager is good and tries to be accommodating when needing to take time off. The people I work with are nice.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Short staffed
Horrible Management
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC29 December 2018
Employees are overworked and taken advantage of. Often time managers bully/gossip about them. Confidentiality is constantly broken. Very shady company.
Residential Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC1 December 2018
Great place to work and friendly staff. Great training available for all staff. Management is always available to answer any questions when needed. overall great place.
Find somewhere else
Child and Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BC30 November 2018
Company bullies you, treats you like your disposable, managment doesn’t care about you, your opinion isn’t valued better yet if you have one you’ll be targeted. Forced to work hours you can’t and declines time off.
Cons
Convenient location for head office with a small parking lot.
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC20 July 2018
Well I work shifts that are not any longer than 4hours But I enjoy every minute of my shifts. The company's management is one of the best I've ever experienced in community Support work. The hardest part of working with this company is the wages for part time workers.
Pros
Enjoy all work areas with this company
Cons
The company only pays bi-monthly. And the wages are little low for what workers are doing.
Company With Heart
Manager (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC25 June 2018
I have worked with Communitas for 8 years and love the meaningful work that I do. I love spending time with the residents and the teamwork environment.

Everyone is treated equally and fairly, from upper management to the people that are supported.
Pros
Teamwork, Supportive
A place that really cares about you
Executive (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC25 June 2018
I have been at Communitas for nearly 5 years now and have enjoyed every minute of it. I have opportunities to positively influence the culture and make a difference in peoples lives.
Pros
A community driven environment, people who really love what they do
Meaningful work
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 June 2018
I love working here. The people that are supported are treated fairly and with care. You can tell that the support workers treat their caregiver role as much more than just a job.
Pros
Meaningful work
Feels like family
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 June 2018
Communitas is the best company I've worked for in my career so far. Everyone is friendly, welcoming and the workplace is so positive. It really feels like a family. The staff are genuinely interested in getting to know you on a personal level. I'm thankful to work for a company where you know the work has meaning, whether you are in an office behind the scenes or working on the front lines supporting the individuals in our care. Communitas is a wonderful company and I highly recommend it as a great place to work.
Outstanding Organization
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 June 2018
Communitas is an outstanding organization to work for. It is an organization that values people, respects them and puts them first. Every single person that works for Communitas genuinely cares for each other and the individuals that we have the honor of serving. This starts from the top of the organization with the executive team. They model what it is to be a kind and servant hearted individual on a daily basis. From their excellent leadership, these values are passed down and can be seen in every area and position of the company. Each day I learn how to make a difference in the lives of others. It is an honor and blessing to work for Communitas.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC20 June 2018
I should be so lucky
Manager - Supported Independent Living (Current Employee) –  Head office30 May 2018
I've been employed with Communitas for almost a decade now. During that time I have found the inclusive and uplifting environment that Communitas cultivates, to be unrivaled by any of my past work environments. It is not only a place I am proud to work, but also a place I would be happy to refer my own family to be supported by any one of their many wonderful programs.
Pros
feeling welcome
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC18 May 2018
Meaningful work. I feel like I'm making a difference. Love the philosophy. Everyone is treated equally. My manager shows they care about us. Feel valued as a staff person.
Pros
Good work environment; feel like I'm making a difference in people's lives
Cons
Wages
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC8 May 2018
Communitas a great place to work. They care for their employees and provide a positive work environment. They provide on the job training and in house modules for people new to the field of care-giving
Pros
on the job training
Cons
shift work
If you like being part of a great team, this is the place!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 May 2018
Communitas outshines any previous organization I have worked for in terms of a positive team experience. I come to work every day knowing that I will be working alongside great people who are passionate, dedicated and committed to creating a place where all people are equal. There is genuine commitment to honest, direct and respectful communication, and opportunities to grow and develop.
Pros
Workplace Culture; Commitment to a People-First Approach
Providing Respite in our home.
Respite Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC2 May 2018
The Children's Respite Supervisor is a wonderful help with any questions/concerns.

The hardest part of the job can sometimes be working with unfavourable behaviours of the children in care.

Watching the children grow from small children to adults! So many have blossomed over the many years in our care.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC9 February 2018
Productive and fun workplace that will enable me to utilize my past kills and qualifications.
Licensed Practical Nurse/Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC27 November 2017
A typical day at work involves utilizing critical thinking skills, and quality resident care, while demonstrating effective communication with residents, family and relevant stakeholders.

I have learned to be an effective team player, and can demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills.

Managing difficult situations as they arise, utilizing effective problem solving with discretion and tact.

Workplace culture requires the ability to communicate in an effective manor that fosters effective conflict resolution in an assertive manor that aims to produce a win-win situation.

The most difficult part of the job is to ensure we health care providers, continue to maintain our own physical and mental heath each and every day. Effective self care gives rise to a rich life, both in the workplace, and at home.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to deliver quality client care, in a professional and timely manor, while continuing to learn and grow.
Pros
Rewarding, Room for growth, Professionalism
Rewarding job
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC3 September 2017
Great house manager with understanding and caring qualities. Challenging to keep house fully staffed, senior staff spend considerable time training, frustrating when trained staff leave.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Staffing issues
Good place to work.
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC25 August 2017
Communitas made good use of my skills, and has a very good administration team. It is a caring place to work, and would be an excellent place to work for anyone wanting to be involved in Support Care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Communitas Supportive Care Society. Our community is ready to answer.