Communications Security Establishment

Communications Security Establishment Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
Good work/life balance
A good place to work when you are raising a family. You get to work with systems and data you would not have access any other ways. Advancement opportunities.
very productive
I was very happy to work at CSE learned so much, the environement was very friendly. Different culture great atmosphere.
I wish i can work again with CSE in the administration high security

I was lucky to work with a great team.

I went to classes to learn all about Introduction to the world of the inquiry and investigation. Legal background of the survey and private investigation and Investigation management to be able to progress and do what i love an offer my exercice work
Once you pass all the tests and you get in its great
a very interesting organization.....you need to be aware of the security measures of this organization....

everything is on a need to know basis...no sharing of information

you cannot speak to anyone evern family about your work
Toxic boys club
The pay is good but everything else is a test of patience. Don't expect to fit in unless you're an old soldier left over from the cold war. Every day is a psychological battle. The work is interesting but the culture makes it really difficult to enjoy coming to work.
HR Student
There is no shortage of opportunity at CSE; in every field and at every level, the possibility of professional growth and promotion is seemingly never-ending! On top of that, CSE offers a young and dynamic work environment that is accommodating and innovative. There is definitely a feeling of CSE wanting their employees to succeed and thrive within the organization, and they're willing to help you achieve great things. Even though the hiring/security process is a bit lengthy, it's totally worth it in the end.
CSE is great for work-life balance
CSE is a pretty great place to work. Beautiful building, interesting work, really smart people. My management is very supportive and trusts me to figure things out. The gym is fantastic and there's tons of team sports at lunch in the summer.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Working in a secure facility requires some getting used to
Innovative commitment
Staff are dedicated and committed
Management encourages advancement and provides ample opportunities. great learning culture. positive workplace

collaborative - would highly recommend to anyone willing to make a difference
Management Culture Needs Work
Even after a 4 year program to teach managers and executives leadership skills at CSEC the organization remains locked in an archaic 1950's style of dictatorial management.
Pros
lots of technology
Cons
poor work culture
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Communications Security Establishment?
Good place to work with good learning opportunities
Good place to work, I was treated fairly and was able to take extra training to learn and develop critical skills in business and supervisory skills.