Commissionaires

Working at Commissionaires: Employee Reviews

Canada886 reviews

rcmpsecuritysiteguardottawauniformmilitaryalberta

Not very challenging

Slow paced but satisfactory work would like more advancement and responsibility and training .Been a commissionaire since 1998 have alot of respect for them.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

No overtime short ships

Everything they say is a lie

There is no way to advance in the work place. You work for minimal wage and most of the time work for free because of paid parking at most areas. If your a student they will make you choose to work for them or school. Apparently they are not flexible like they said they are. They don't understand mental health days. It is disorganized. Also make you work across the city even though you tell them you want to work close to home.

Insights into Commissionaires

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Its very good company the always take care of there employees

It is very professional company they always listen there employees.I am very happy that I am a part of commisionaries.If you dont like the site they will gave you more options.Always gave you good hours.

Pros

Paid brakes

Cons

A lot of work hours and good pay, the management is awesome and helpful as well. I enjoyed my time working with Commissionaires NL division. Thank you

Nice environmental job

Very helpful people and professionals when you work with them and they will cooperate with you and help you to understand all the system of work.im happy to work with them and nice management dealing with us.

Pros

Nice environmental job

Cons

Good job if you're older

The system is a bit tricky to understand at first when it comes to ranks and promoting. It's a pretty relaxed environment most of the time. Just don't mess up and do your job right and you're golden.

Benefits

A job

Management is great, job is low stress most of the time, pay could be better. Doesn't seem to be many opportunities for advancement within the company.

Great teams very involved management

Awesome place to work everyday is a new and exciting learning experience with lots of room for either advancement or site changes.

Pros

Regular schedule

Cons

Low pay

Security at the Canada Shared Services in Belleville

I worked with great co-workers. Our warrant officer was outstanding. I loved the job but my back was deteriorating and so I had to resign. I would work with those folks any time, anywhere...really great environment.

I'm treated fairly.

I mind my own business and do as I'm asked.. I'm treated well..I work casual and I really like the options of picking up shifte, when available. The pay is fair for the work and there are lots of opportunities within the company.

Pros

Very flexible.

Cons

Lots of commuting

Good job

It's like anywhere I suppose You have bad supervisors in all jobs at some pointGood work and mostly working alone I had a decent experience until politics took over

Not my field

Depending who your supervisor is and if dispatch reads what you send them, you may or may not have a good shift.They probably wont have the correct safety gear for you either. You'll have to stand duty before getting a vest...

Fun

Wages were great, safety was a big priority (and at times way overdone- knives were not allowed) Plenty of hours but no travel time between terrace and the job site was paid (equaled about 2.5 hours per day!) Was not given much opportunity for advancement in the time I was there, which was disappointing.

Pros

Stability

Productive, long term

company values the hard work and will help you grow in many sectors as they are vast and are not just limited to guarding. management is well organized and all the CSM's are easyily approachable.

A place where dreams and hopes goes out.

You work for 12-hour shifts. No work life balance. They aren't willing to cooperate in certain situations where you need time off. Such as a death in the familY parent/child. HR won't help you when ask for it. And if you are unlucky enough to join a union you will experience no help either. I have no kind words for this place.

Management is filled with unqualified people

The Manager and management do not have a qualification to be in the position they work in. The manager has no idea what is going on the site. Totally lost. Same with the management, they do not know what they are actually doing. Approving vacations at first and canceling at the last minute and blaming supervisors. Really supportive supervisor worked under and the client is awesome. Some co-workers are full of negativity. Overall, not a place to waste time.

Pros

Supportive Supervisor

Cons

toxic work environment, less pay, negative co-workers, lost manager, lost management

Pretty easy job depending on the site you are at

Most of the people you work with are very cordial and you'll get along with them pretty easily. I would just say to do your job right the best you can and you will be alright.

Pros

Paid Break

Flexible and accommodating work culture

Superiors who listen and are willing to support at all times.You are allowed to choose what kind of bits or shifts you want to do, with special consideration to your peculiar family and other situation.

No advancement

Dead end job. Underpaid for work. Unpaid lunch on 12 hour shifts that you can't take. No advancement whatsoever. Snitches everywhere. Really depressing.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Not a career company

Relaxed, good pay and lots of advancement

Working with the Corps took my security career higher. Pay was good and getting bonus every year was nice. The corps didn't intrude on my work life balance and pay was higher then average.

Toxic work environment

Toxic work environment. Supervisors are supportive. Manager and Management have no idea what they are doing. Some co-workers are super nice and some are to avoid at any cost.

Pros

Supporting supervisors

Cons

Toxic work environment, no support from manager or management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Commissionaires. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement