Commissionaires Employee Reviews

Company that lives in colonial age
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON14 April 2018
i joined in 2007, and it was fun working with commissionaires, but during the decade of my service, lots of managers, supervisors came in, who dont have any clue of running the show, give their own people, posts, hours, etc. We had same group of people who gets all statutory holiday hours, most of hours ( 115-140 hrs a pay period) .They steal the performance bonus employees earned by standing and working at -30, And employees working as "glorified slaves" Shame on you Management who freeze the pay for 5 yrs, Cut our pay , and steal our performance bonus. Finally, client came to know about the way they treat employees, and they didnt renew the contract , and Finally commissionaires lost the contract, Karma bites back
Pros
favoritism for light coloured
Cons
not at all employee friendly
Good work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK6 April 2018
It's was a good to work at phyisal job help to pay the bills. I work hard but getting tougher because getting older. Being punctual. I got hurt a few times on the job.
Pros
Making money
Ok place to work for.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2018
I had a job site and I was on for a few days and they put on an other person on the site for when I was not there juring the week. I had nothing but problems with her and the office would not do a thing about her. I quit working for them because of her. She was fired a couple of months later.
Pros
the pay and some of the job site were great to work at.
Cons
Mangment was alowing some guards to get away with murder.
Essential service that benefits my community
Guard (Current Employee) –  Dawson City, YT20 March 2018
-interact with customer or visitors every 5 to 15 minutes for duration of shift in a high security area with high security legal documents
-continual opportunities to learn better skills to deal with difficult customers and co-workers
-workplace is very regulated, with many guidelines to cover most situations
-the most enjoyable part is knowing I'm assisting my community by helping make it as peaceful and enjoyable to all as it can be
Pros
very good pay for on-call work with excellent benefits, knowledge of benefitting the community as a whole
Cons
on-call work, asked to respond at a moments notice for extended periods of time
Commissionaires Ottawa
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 March 2018
Commissioners Security Company is among the best Security Company I know in Ottawa. The company is well organized and I like the way they respect seniority of their employees. I am a former employee but I still like the company.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
full time
Good company but poor communications
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 March 2018
This company has excellent work especially if you can work nights, evenings, and weekends. However the communications within the company are poor at best. They rarely tell you what is going on or give you correct details about a shift. Work environment is less than respectful, especially if you are female since this company has primarily male employees. The company does offer excellent training and benefits (life insurance but not medical benefits) but lacks in keeping up with the times when it comes to fair and equal treatment of it's employees.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Lower than average pay
you won't get fired
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2018
you won't get fired, but the pay and hours not guarantee if you are new. For full time, you may have a position that pays you 19 dollars an hour this week, next week you may move to a new position that is only pays you 15 dollars because the company lost the contract.
Pros
you won't get fired
Cons
salary
Easy going workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 March 2018
Dealt with residents and visitors on a daily basis, got familiar with the workplace CCTV, access control, and interior and exterior patrols, the most enjoyable part of the job was gaining more knowledge within the security industry.
It was a fun one year.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2018
I loved the job. I loved the computer assignments. The patrol on the truck was fun. I loved driving the truck and doing the patrol. But I missed the paper work of accounting.
Pros
New experiences.
Cons
Its a good job with flexible hours
Security Officer / Animal Control (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC13 February 2018
It helped pay for school. Work environment can be fast paced and changing, depending on the job locations. Interaction with the public requires dynamic thinking and must be aware of your environment.
Pros
Good people to work with
Great Place to be employeed
RCMP Detention Guard (Current Employee) –  Port Hawkesbury, NS7 February 2018
Great place to be part of a team. Unfortunately they have to many offices and sometimes its hard to get a hold of the right person when you have a question.
Great workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 January 2018
Arrive to work, get settled in and begin my day. Usally show up 30 minutes early to get all the information about what has happened before I got to work.
Pros
Free lunch with long shifts
Cons
LONG hours
Great supportive company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2018
Work is good if you can get a full time post. No day is the same as you are constantly moving and dealing with individuals. Learning comes from every member of the team, and everyone is treated as equal. Work closely with police and other law officials.
Pros
Part of a team
Cons
Troubled individuals
Fun place to work, love my work environment
Agent de sécurité (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 January 2018
1 of the main responsibilities that I do as a security guard is to write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.

I also circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.

In a normal work day, another thing that I do is they answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.

In addition to that, they warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
Pros
team work, protect my community
Cons
requirement of a large number of reports
Not a place for me.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 January 2018
Just wasn't for me. They don't seem to care about their employees. you phone in late it counts as a book off, you leave 1 hour early in a 12 hour shift it counts as a book off, they don't care if you have a family or medical condition and expect you to work rotation shifts with said medical condition. They just look to pass the blame and can never accept responsibility.
I preferred working in a warehouse or trade environment.
Pros
zero
A job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2018
This is a great place if you would like part time work and want to call in to fill shifts. You will learn what different locations expect of you. The rate of pay in not what is should be for the work that is asked.
There is advancement yet it takes a long while. There are no sick days, benefits are limited to what you pay each month for.
Pros
Gov't sites pay best
Cons
Head Office
Pay rates
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL14 December 2017
What do they charge per stop with mobile patrol vs the amount they pay the guard.
What are the minimum and maximum number of stops per shift.? Do they charge mileage or is that covered in the price of the patrol.
I enjou working for The Commishinaries but they have no full time positioms open a d I need a full tie job. See below.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2017
I ENJOY working The Commishinaries but I'm on there Spare Board and I need a full time Job so I no what my pay is every 2 weeks.

I am a good Security Guard and I ENJOY the work.
Pros
12 hr shifts
Cons
Dirty work place
I cannot recommend.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC10 December 2017
The recruiter promised full time employment, at a specified rate to kick in after my initial probationary period had ended. When I asked for a copy of the contract stating all of this that we had just signed; she said that none of the photocopiers worked, but she would get me a copy later. This never happened. I temporarily moved into downtown Vancouver for training. I was top candidate for the course. None of the staff would discuss my concerns, and the recruiter refused to respond. I made an appointment to speak to the President and CEO. After I drove into downtown Vancouver I was informed that the President and CEO had changed his mind, and wouldn't be meeting with me after all. Nothing of what I was promised, initially by the recruiter and throughout training was ever provided. Such a waste of time and money. If your an injured Veteran like me, I would recommend that you think twice.
Pros
Cons
Bogus contracts, recruiter lied, had to find a place to live in downtown Vancouver for initial training at cost to myself.
Hello
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 December 2017
Commissionaires is a great company to work for but can sometimes lack hours for some people. it seems to me that there business time in Newfoundland is Summer. But great organization and are well respected in Newfoundland by people and local authority.
Pros
Well Respect Company, Pay you on time if they do not will get check to you right away.
Cons
Long Hours, Not Family Friendly, A lot of weekend shifts, Shift work 24/7