Commissionaires Employee Reviews

excelllent staffing
Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2018
very supportive company excellent benefits and work environment. can phone anytime with issues and they respond in a positive, helpful manner, recommended
Pros
benefits, wages
Best security company to work for
Supervisor and patroller (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC12 August 2018
Commissionaires is one of the highest paying when it comes to security. The job is varied. Typically walk anywhere from 6 to 8 miles a shift, going up and down stairs, and varied shifts. If you want to work, there are hours, and if you want to work only a little you can as well. Management is available if you have questions, need some information, or need support in some way. We all work together as a team, which makes the job pleasurable. The hardest part of the job is getting accustomed to shift work. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the public and co-workers.
Pros
Work with great people
Cons
Shift work
on call 24/7
matron (Former Employee) –  Chetwynd, BC7 August 2018
Had to carry a cellar the time because you never knew when you would be called for a shift. Dealing with an element of society that your not accustomed to.
Pros
working alone
Cons
no regular shift
Excellent company to work for
Section Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 July 2018
Management are supportive and the company provides great employee incentives. They have taught me and continue to teach others how to be a great leaders not something you see in a lot of other companies out there.
You deserve more than this!
Accounting Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 June 2018
If you are planning to work for the Finance department at Commissionaires beware! Does not know how to appreciate his people. Even though you work hard you are still under appreciated and thinks that everyone else is better than you or thinks you do not do anything.
fun place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB4 June 2018
great place to work, or have at your establishment, the staff are very professional, the staff are willing to go above and beyond the required requirements
Great Company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan4 June 2018
There is a lot of walking or sitting for long periods of time.There are various positions available. The people are good with and management is very helpful when you need something
Do not work for these guys
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 June 2018
These guys are a joke, don't treat you right, treat the company like it is military. Don't understand personal stuff when things go wrong with family etc.

They treat you like you are nothing and I do not recommend these guys.
Company that lives in colonial age
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON14 April 2018
i joined in 2007, and it was fun working with commissionaires, but during the decade of my service, lots of managers, supervisors came in, who dont have any clue of running the show, give their own people, posts, hours, etc. We had same group of people who gets all statutory holiday hours, most of hours ( 115-140 hrs a pay period) .They steal the performance bonus employees earned by standing and working at -30, And employees working as "glorified slaves" Shame on you Management who freeze the pay for 5 yrs, Cut our pay , and steal our performance bonus. Finally, client came to know about the way they treat employees, and they didnt renew the contract , and Finally commissionaires lost the contract, Karma bites back
Pros
favoritism for light coloured
Cons
not at all employee friendly
Working in Fingerprinting
Fingerprint tech & Waiver& Record Suspensions (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 April 2018
Working within the Commissionaires Fingerprinting Dept was a great experience my coworkers were awesome professionals who had our clients best interests at heart and made working with them a pleasure.
Pros
Helping people move forward
Good work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK6 April 2018
It's was a good to work at phyisal job help to pay the bills. I work hard but getting tougher because getting older. Being punctual. I got hurt a few times on the job.
Pros
Making money
Ok place to work for.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2018
I had a job site and I was on for a few days and they put on an other person on the site for when I was not there juring the week. I had nothing but problems with her and the office would not do a thing about her. I quit working for them because of her. She was fired a couple of months later.
Pros
the pay and some of the job site were great to work at.
Cons
Mangment was alowing some guards to get away with murder.
Essential service that benefits my community
Guard (Current Employee) –  Dawson City, YT20 March 2018
-interact with customer or visitors every 5 to 15 minutes for duration of shift in a high security area with high security legal documents
-continual opportunities to learn better skills to deal with difficult customers and co-workers
-workplace is very regulated, with many guidelines to cover most situations
-the most enjoyable part is knowing I'm assisting my community by helping make it as peaceful and enjoyable to all as it can be
Pros
very good pay for on-call work with excellent benefits, knowledge of benefitting the community as a whole
Cons
on-call work, asked to respond at a moments notice for extended periods of time
Commissionaires Ottawa
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 March 2018
Commissioners Security Company is among the best Security Company I know in Ottawa. The company is well organized and I like the way they respect seniority of their employees. I am a former employee but I still like the company.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
full time
Good company but poor communications
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 March 2018
This company has excellent work especially if you can work nights, evenings, and weekends. However the communications within the company are poor at best. They rarely tell you what is going on or give you correct details about a shift. Work environment is less than respectful, especially if you are female since this company has primarily male employees. The company does offer excellent training and benefits (life insurance but not medical benefits) but lacks in keeping up with the times when it comes to fair and equal treatment of it's employees.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Lower than average pay
you won't get fired
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2018
you won't get fired, but the pay and hours not guarantee if you are new. For full time, you may have a position that pays you 19 dollars an hour this week, next week you may move to a new position that is only pays you 15 dollars because the company lost the contract.
Pros
you won't get fired
Cons
salary
Easy going workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 March 2018
Dealt with residents and visitors on a daily basis, got familiar with the workplace CCTV, access control, and interior and exterior patrols, the most enjoyable part of the job was gaining more knowledge within the security industry.
It was a fun one year.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2018
I loved the job. I loved the computer assignments. The patrol on the truck was fun. I loved driving the truck and doing the patrol. But I missed the paper work of accounting.
Pros
New experiences.
Cons
Its a good job with flexible hours
Security Officer / Animal Control (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC13 February 2018
It helped pay for school. Work environment can be fast paced and changing, depending on the job locations. Interaction with the public requires dynamic thinking and must be aware of your environment.
Pros
Good people to work with
Great Place to be employeed
RCMP Detention Guard (Current Employee) –  Port Hawkesbury, NS7 February 2018
Great place to be part of a team. Unfortunately they have to many offices and sometimes its hard to get a hold of the right person when you have a question.