Commissionaires Employee Reviews

I enjou working for The Commishinaries but they have no full time positioms open a d I need a full tie job. See below.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2017
I ENJOY working The Commishinaries but I'm on there Spare Board and I need a full time Job so I no what my pay is every 2 weeks.

I am a good Security Guard and I ENJOY the work.
Pros
12 hr shifts
Cons
Dirty work place
I cannot recommend.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC10 December 2017
The recruiter promised full time employment, at a specified rate to kick in after my initial probationary period had ended. When I asked for a copy of the contract stating all of this that we had just signed; she said that none of the photocopiers worked, but she would get me a copy later. This never happened. I temporarily moved into downtown Vancouver for training. I was top candidate for the course. None of the staff would discuss my concerns, and the recruiter refused to respond. I made an appointment to speak to the President and CEO. After I drove into downtown Vancouver I was informed that the President and CEO had changed his mind, and wouldn't be meeting with me after all. Nothing of what I was promised, initially by the recruiter and throughout training was ever provided. Such a waste of time and money. If your an injured Veteran like me, I would recommend that you think twice.
Pros
Cons
Bogus contracts, recruiter lied, had to find a place to live in downtown Vancouver for initial training at cost to myself.
Poor working ebvienment and atmosphere
Escort (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2017
Poor management skill and had no concept of human relationship all about. Very uneven handed treating new and existing employee, scheduling is almost non existed, day by day scheduling is not what employee wanted or needed
Terrible place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC5 November 2017
Its simple unless your at a desk working with the Commissionaires, you wont have a future and you'll struggle just to get paid. Communication is such a problem with this company that its digging a hole quick here in its kelowna branch, out of all the places I have ever worked in my life this is the worst have fun !:D.
Pros
If you like to be invisible in a company, this is your place. They have ok uniforms.
Cons
Everything minus there uniforms.
1star
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON30 October 2017
VERY unorganized, pay sucks, uniform price is outrageous, and nothing is guaranteed so you can work 40 hours 1 week and 0 the next because they have no placements with steady hours
Cons
Horrible pay
My expedience
Detention Guard (Former Employee) –  Rae Edzo, NT28 October 2017
Depending on the time of day. You may need to wake up at night to get a call from the detachment so you come in do the shift. Clean up afterwards and move on to your day.

Shift may vary in this job, its mostly call-ins so you don't really know what is going on until you get there.

What i learn from this job is that you will need to pack what could entertain you and whatever keep you awake depending on the hour of sleep you got. And bring meal or snacks.

Hardest part is keeping awake and sometimes cleaning up.

The people you work with are usually great and whatever you need to catch up on reading this job is great for that.
Pros
Free Time
Cons
Shifts may vary
Unprofessional and toxic work environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 October 2017
Typical day at work consisted of completing assigned duties at your post. I learned that Commissionaires despite their outward appearance are just as slimy and scummy as the rest of the contract security industry. They care nothing for any of their front line staff. Extremely shady business practices and no professionalism at all in their first line supervisors
Organized, friendly organization
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 October 2017
Well respected and knowledgeable staff. Good training and advancement opportunities.
12 hours shifts at various locations, get to know places in city.
Great friendly Environment
Sergeant, Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 October 2017
I have been with commissionaires for over a year now and can say I really enjoy working for them , the staff at the office are very friendly. I work full time with a great team and great detachment commander.
Pros
good pay
Cons
12 hour shifts
It was a good company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 September 2017
The hours of work was difficult , to much night shift. I left for better hours and wages. I worked at the same site in London for 4 years, I said it was good job just hours were difficult
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 September 2017
Since i have been with the commissionaire, i have learnt a lot both professionally, The work environment is conducive, welcoming and attractive for growth.
Pros
Attractive and continouse learning environment
Cons
Competitive salary
No positive Review
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Borden, ON14 September 2017
No positive review. My so-called supervisor would show up every couple of months and does not respond to emails.

You are left to a job frustrated because there is no management.
Not fun
Crossing Guard (Former Employee) –  Lonsdale, ON11 September 2017
I had a bad experience with them they treated me like putting me down and fired me for putting my daughter first and I was late for my time to be spot
One of the better Companies
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 September 2017
I enjoy my job and the people I work with, Overall my experience with Commissionaires has been great and i am very grateful for everything Commissionaires has done for me
Great shift work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2017
i had no problems working with the company, i think the only concern i had was the management could have been more professional while speaking to employees.
Upper management look down on Commissionaires
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 July 2017
I worked with Commissionaires Great Lakes in Toronto for 6 years. Uniforms were very expensive, and were made of cheap material. Most of the managers were snobbish to employees. They have a medal that they only awarded to the management called the Commissionaires Distinguished Service medal. None of the guards in Toronto would ever receive it, just the managers, which became a long running joke among the guards. We use to get invited to an awards dinner after 5 years with the company, but then they took that away from us to save money. At first I liked working for them, but management turned me off and I left to work with Paragon Security. I am much happier working for Paragon (better benefits).
Pros
Pay was better than some security companies
Cons
Management live in their own little world. No career advancement. Low morale.
excellent
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 July 2017
They have lot of work available and you will get required hours and don't need to worry and they also provide good salary and you can survive easily and without any worry.
Pros
free game tickets
Cons
mostly not regular schedule
Interesting
Bylaw Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON5 July 2017
this job is very busy, interesting, you learn new things everyday, and the hardest part about this job is dealing with the public and the negativity the public gives to enforcement officers.
Enjoyed working at Olds College
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Olds College Olds, AB15 May 2017
Working at Olds College is a delightful experience. Interacting with instructors, caretaking , catering staff and college support staff is educational and entertaining. This can not be said for the Commissionaires Management team. The Warrant Officiers were ill trained causing moral problems with staff members. In frustation members went their own way doing their own thing.One can only hope for something better.
Sometimes relaxing, sometimes very busy.
Security (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 May 2017
This was a 2 week career education development course while I was in High School.
I've learnt about giving out tickets to unpaid parked cars beside the parking meter.
I've also learnt using a hand held device for printing out the tickets. - (this was an enjoyable curve in my life).
The work isn't hard, just requires a lot of walking, sitting, or driving, depending on where you are stationed and what your task is for the day, awareness is also key, so always be alert.