Because you just might get lucky and find a section where you will be valued and respected...good luck.
To get a paycheck
CNS pays higher than the security industry average in Nova Scotia, and offers benefits that most other security companies do not. It's a familiar work environment for people with military or RCMP backgrounds. It provides contract stability compared to the rest of the security industry (most clients have been with Commissionaires for a very long time, so there is constant churn and uncertainty about your employment future). It's a non-profit that exists to help it's employees.
I started this job with the experience I had in working years as a security officer in working contract and in house security. I had experience in writing various reports and dealing with the public.
I was not in law enforcement or the military, and thought this would be a good job due to it offering more extensive training rather than the basic forty hour training that every other security company offers.
Great security company and always wanted to work for the corps.
Bored and nothing else to do.
To contribute my quoter as a security officer in helping the company know those that are qualified for the job
The work isn't as stressful as some people make it out to be, it's fairly easy and straightforward with the proper training.
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Commissionaires? What are the steps along…13 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at canadian corps of commissionaires?13 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Commissionaires?12 people answered
- If you were to leave Commissionaires, what would be the reason?9 people answered
- Do we pay for Uniforms8 people answered
- Does Commissionaires require background check?8 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at Commissionaires?6 people answered
- What are the working hours at Commissionaires?6 people answered
- What was the most challenging part of your role at Commissionaires?5 people answered
- What are the perks offered by Commissionaires Nova Scotia?5 people answered