Commercial Credit Adjusters Ltd

Commercial Credit Adjusters Ltd Employee Reviews

Great office / team environment! Makes for a good career...
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 January 2020
This is a great place to work with great people. You will learn lots about finance and Accounts Receivables. You don't need a post secondary education for this job. They teach you everything you will need to know. The base salary is lower but the commission opportunities are fantastic.
Pros
Positive and friendly work environment
Cons
Some prime time shifts (1 late shift per week)
A professional work place
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 December 2019
A professional work environment that values diversity and inclusion. There is professionalism perseverance and respect. The privacy of clients and stakeholders is of utmost priority and work ethics is practiced with strict adherence to industry best practice and first time right approach.
horrible expérience
Agent de recouvrement (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 December 2019
équipement de travail désuet (logiciel et infrastructure)... management pas sérieux du tout... à éviter
avoid this place like its the plague
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 December 2019
avoid this company like the plague it is, avoid working here avoid dealing with their collectors if you can, I dont even know if the horrid CEO or non existent CFO can either of them actually even spell the word Debt Collection.

It was once upon a time daddy's company which is now passed to brother and daughter CEO/CFO. You can tell they dont care either about this company or any of their employees. Most of upper management is horrible and powering tripping 40 year olds that only equate to Call center managers at the age of 40.

You are treated like a number here whether employee or customer will be in collections, The owners just want to ride the profitable company their dad built with zero effort or any re investement, still using dells from your sons elementary computer class with other peoples dirt and hair in the keyboards from 2007

if you have a bill here i suggest waiting till it goes to else where
All they want from you is get them money, you and your life have no importance
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 November 2019
People work there when they have no other suitable option. They hire almost anyone and everyone. You can survive if you can tolerate the insults, pressure, stress and are in a dire need of a survival job. You get them the money from anywhere including the poor people, they are happy. The next month, they will be unhappy if your circumstances changed and you couldn’t do as well. Some coworkers even bully you and you can’t speak because you need a jobYou are just a number, not a person
Horrible cubicle environment
Collections officer/Trace agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 November 2019
I wouldn’t want my enemies to work there. It’s exhausting trying to get blood from a stone and management has no compassion. Expects you to work extra hours to have time off like a bank system.
Fun Workplace
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 November 2019
Management and people are good. Everyone works as a team. We get enough pay and the environment is really competitive and motivating. They also provide some activities to enjoy.
Toxic. Exhausting. Fascist. Take only if desperate
Collection Officer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2019
Should you take this job, you'll be told it's fun, you're part of a team environment and everyone is like family. Before you even take your first call, you'll have been lied to three times.

In truth, nobody is on a "team" no more than the same people are staying at the same hotel are on a team, nobody has fun here while on the clock WHERE EVEN SOFTLY WHISTLING ISN'T ALLOWED, everybody makes fun of everybody else ESPECIALLY if you're new and you'll have little time to chat, talk or even so much as sneeze without getting negative attention from middle management.

Much of your time will be spent taking non-calls and leaving messages. about 5% is the actual job of trying to negotiate payment with debtors. The remaining 70% is putting up with passive-aggressive senior employees, big brother-level surveillance of your pc and dealing with reprimands and frequent meetings for not at all meeting the high expectations of upper management. In the time I was there, I was one of six employees hired.

The original crew of new is now down to 2. This high turnover is due to little leeway on the job, a toxic work culture and the stringent management team that causes more problems than it solves. Even if you're desperate, wait it out and work somewhere else where people are treated like people and you don't have to deal with big brother literally looking over your shoulder.
Pros
It's a job I suppose
Cons
Passive aggressive coworkers, Iron fisted management, dishonest hiring process, no fun AT ALL, coffee isn't even free
horrible experience
collections officer (Former Employee) –  edmonton25 June 2019
the operations manager in edmonton is the absolute worst " manager" I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. She has no morals, no couth and no respect for anyone. Its such a shame that she is in the position she is, I'm postive so many would not have quit if she wasnt there.
Pros
early leave on fridays
Cons
too many too list...i mean my god...what company doesnt provide coffee???
It's like a German Like Dictator
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2019
When I first started with this company, they gave us initiatives to work harder such as a 15 minute go home early if you have a low idle time etc. They no longer do this with new management. You're not allowed to take time off for doctors appointments or dentist appointments, you will be forced to make up any time missed in a short period of time. They will continuously change the day of your night shift so you never have a proper sleeping schedule, forces you to take your vacation time for medical emergencies rather than giving you medical leave or sick leave, when HR receives a complaint when a manager calls someone stupid, the employee does not receive an apology and in fact they are told to shut up to avoid spreading negativity in the office, you are shut down if you try to assist a customer who is unable to pay or a customer who has a legit complaint if there is no money involved, the co-workers are amazing but it is the management who only sees you as a dollar amount and not an employee, management stops you from becoming co-workers and will text you outside of work hours to tell you not to socialize with these co workers and tries to determine who you can and cannot be friends with, THE COMMISSION IS A LIE YOU WILL NOT MAKE ANY. Huge staff turnover. The customers are the least stressful part of this job, and that says something in itself.
Pros
Off at 3:30 Fridays
Cons
work 1 Saturday to be off at 3:30 on Friday, bad scheduling, no real sick days to use, fired for not hitting target, large employee turnover, only criticism, ignores customer service, not understanding for different employee needs, rude to the special needs staff, have to pay for your licences
Overall great company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 February 2019
I worked at Commercial Credit Adjusters for many years as an administrative assistant and it was very enjoyable. The company culture is one of the best I've experienced, with upper management that sincerely cares about the employees and their well being. You don't feel like a 'number' working there and the work environment is very friendly which even more important, in my opinion, considering that debt recovery can be a stressful job at times. A lot of employees have been working there for many many years, including management, which is a reassuring thing.
Pros
Company culture, management, benefits, regular schedule
Cons
Can be a stressful and draining job if you are part of the collection team
Good company to work for, great upper management.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 November 2018
Fast paced work environment. Vice President was a fantastic mentor. I learned a great deal about time management and team building. Great teammates.
Pros
Great support network
Cons
Lack of compensation
Okay
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2018
Worked there for almost three months. Honestly the environment was pretty good.

My day was about mostly leaving msgs amd then getting to talk to a few people that answered their phones. However, despite my call audits being good , I still was not reaching my targets, so i decided it wasn't for me and left.

The target structure was totally different to what I was told when I was interviewed.

I was not a huge fan of the top manager in the office, she uses the word "subordinate" to refer to the other employees. To remind us that we rank very low.

No free coffee. 😔
You have to work one Saturday a month.4hr shift
Pros
Set hours, early clock out fridays
Cons
No free coffee or snacks ever
Great place to work with great people and great management
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 September 2018
Repetitive work, calling the same debtor every day, however, you learn about credit and the importance of it. Great way to avoid the same mistakes that people that ended up in collections did. Ones a week everyone would gather up together and will recognize the achievements of others. The hardest part of the job is listening to the debtor's stories and how they ended up there.
Pros
Commission, some managers are very great
Cons
Work life balance, very little room for advancement
Coworkers great, management/HR awful
Contact Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 August 2018
Great coworkers made it tolerable for a few months, but dealing with closed minded management was painful. Unapproachable, indiscreet HR staff made bringing up issues a huge waste of time.
Pros
Coworkers, decent pay
Cons
Managers too young and inexperienced, HR unapproachable
Awesome
Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 July 2018
I love to work here but I am looking a job for more good salary otherwise environment and training and work is really awesome and they welcome to every competent person...
Horrible management. Horrible training!!
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 July 2018
I worked here and it was horrible! Management has no clue how to motivate staff. A lot of double standards. The turn over is high, everyone that was hired when I started have since quit. Be weary of this company!!
Cons
good place to work with health and dental benefits
Bill Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 May 2018
Commercial credit Adjusters was a good place to work although located downtown with no access to parking unless you want to spend half your paycheck with downtown parking prices to drive to work. What I liked about working for Commercial Credit adjusters is they do have monthly goals and targets to keep you motivated but it is not a high pressure environment They have great health benefits and the management is good and easily approachable. Overall I would say Commercial Credit adjusters is a good place to work although the pay is a bit low.
benefits
Cons
downtown location no parking
Overall - not bad
Trace Investigator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 March 2018
All i can say is, the company is very good for starters like me or people starting a career. People are friendly and helpful but some techniques will not be given to you by a coworker, you need to study the job your own. Some of the new employees just quits because they cant understand the job that quick.

This is a collection agency and you can earn as much as you can if you know what you are doing .

They offer basic salary only but this is okay if you can have your commission - bad if not.
Pros
Fix schedule and friendly environment
Cons
No Free Lunch, No annual increase
Summary
Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 November 2017
Work is fine - you just have to be patient enough to the portfolios given to you. Would suggest that target should be considered based on the average collections of employees considering the type and age of the portfolios.