Commercial Cleaning Services Employee Reviews

Terrible
cleaner (Former Employee) –  ferrero31 August 2018
Zero consideration for employees, all equipment is old, hard difficult physical labour paying minimum wage. Don't bother coming to work here, you will regret in no time.
Pros
no pros.
it was a good place to work
Plastico, General Labourer, Cambridge (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON17 August 2018
It was a good place to work, many friendly people
lots of work, I enjoyed the people I worked with, friendly people there to, hard working people there also
Pros
friendly people
Cons
drama
Disgusting bunch of children run this company
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON5 August 2018
To much BS to list here...stay as far away as possible. The managment team is a joke and crooks. The equipment is deplorable and barley does the job needed. They will take advantage of u and when u are not needed theu will toss u out with no respect.
great place to work
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 July 2018
Great upper management, they work with their employees to be ready for each and every work position, their health and safety program are second to none and take care of any issues quickly
Pros
wages
Cons
long hrs
Pushing bins back and forth to a compactor room
Waste and recycle (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 July 2018
The job it's self is ok mostly by your self, few good people, Management on days absolutely garbage , very boring job , dont care about the new staff that come in
Pros
2 half hour break
Cons
Management does not know how to deal with issues properly, over worked
basic cleaning
JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Harrow, ON27 April 2018
normal go into building they have under contract and provide cleaning services, there is no supervision and you are normally alone, never a rush to do anything.
Pros
Cons
basic cleaning parttime hours
Terrible Management
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON10 April 2018
Typical day was sweeping, mopping classrooms, auto scrubbing hallways, taking out garbages, cleaning desks, sinks etc, vacuuming carpets. Deep cleans in the summer. The terrible part was: Management was rarely around, had no backbone and kept 'passing the buck' on to certain employees whenever others didn't complete their own jobs. They had virtually no knowledge of any of the tasks they ask us to perform or how long the task actually takes to complete. Mostly work by yourself but sometimes in a team. The hardest part of the job was the ridiculous expectations of management asking employees to get a bunch of extra work done with no extra time allotted. The most enjoyable part of the job was friendships built with some employees.
Pros
Working mostly by yourself, some great employees
Cons
Management!!!
Good cleaning job needs good supervisors
Commercial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON25 February 2018
The people i work with are amazing people.but management cant be trusted.the supervision for days is so poor, anywhere ive worked they are on the floor checked on their employees and also doing things themselfs.this one dont have the energy for nothing.he uses walkies to get other workers to relate msgs. The appreciation for the workers is very poor, you hardly hear anything possitive on good work. But they exspect you to do everything and jump at that. I enjoyed my job and co works cant say for anything else.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Supervisor/ respect and appreciation
Great Place
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 October 2017
loved working there, would love to go back. easy training, got great job experience. great managers and supervisors. when I wasn't sure about things they helped out no problem.
Hands on work
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 September 2017
I currently still work at this company. I have been with this company for almost five years now. I've enjoyed the independence I gained with this job. As well as the opportunity to interact with several people while at this job.
Pros
own hours
Cons
part time
Nice people
light duty (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON16 August 2017
I really enjoyed my time at commercial. I only left to go back to school. My manager was nice and seemed well organized. Felt like I got decent training and extra hours if I asked.
employee support
Day Cleaner, (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 July 2017
Sometimes you need to provide yourself, your own equipment to work properly. poor supervision. Old and bad equipment. No listen the complaints and provide poor solution to the problems.
Pros
long time in this business
Cons
poor supervision.
great staff
Waste Management/Factory Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON22 February 2017
Great staff and always an opportunity to meet new people. The company offers lots of appropriate training. there are three straight shifts available; days, nights, afternoons, with many opportunities for overtime work.
Good people to work with.
Heavy Duty Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Branrford10 January 2017
My job there is good its a relaxing job doing waste and recycle.pay is ok but i need beneifits for my kids and i they wont provide. Its cleaning at ferraro roche
Pros
Nice work place. friendly
Cons
No benefits
Not a good place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON20 October 2016
I worked for them for few years, and when I became pregnant they just removed the contract from me. The supervisor is unable to speak proper English. Little or not training
Pros
I was able to work my own pace
Cons
Bad management
Terrible.... Just dreadful management
Heavy Duty Santitation (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 March 2015
I have been inside the Ferrero Plant in Brantford with CCS for a little while now. From the beginning I could tell it would be a bit of a mess but I had no idea the level of incompetency that I would find myself in. The afternoon shift is the only shift with a solid grip on reality because they are the only shift with common sense. But common sense from 1/3 of the management does not bode well for a conducive environment.

The Site Manager has a crippling case of sitting supervisor syndrome meaning: his shift has little to no supervision when he is in. This sounds great right? No, the lack of supervision is crippling the shift that comes in after his is gone. That leaves copious amounts of garbage and waste piled up for the waste and recycle employees which at times cuts into the other people's jobs because there will be so much that we have to pull people onto waste and recycle just to catch up.

The Accounts Manager is there three times a week to take a look at things and discuss the needs of the employees. That's sounds great right? No, it's not great when you need to talk about a specific issue and the manager meets that issue with condescension. Especially when it comes to issues brought up by women.

I haven't felt comfortable enough to discuss anything semi-serious about my employment with anyone of a higher pay grade.

Example. I was hired and I gave my address for my pay stub to be mailed to my home. Some glitch in the mail prohibited it from reaching me. So I called the St. Catherines head office and gave them the same address I had before (I only have
  more... one after all) and so the next week I got my pay stub. Then that same glitch happened and I got caught up in a email conversation that claimed I had been giving them the wrong address. I got my pay stub the week before in the mail. But somehow I had given them the wrong address. They asked me to call Canada Post to comfirm my address (it sounded just a stupid when they asked me as it does now). So I called and Canada Post literally laughed at what my employer was making me do, my address was correct. So I told CCS and they told me they were no longer going to keep sending my pay stub by the mail and the Accounts Manager was no longer going to keep bringing my pay stub in. The entire thing was infuriating the stubbornness of the clerk in St. Catherines could only be that of a woman trying to pass the blame onto anyone but herself. So I went a few weeks without a pay stub until the Accounts Manager asked me to call Canada Post again at which point I said curtly "I already did, It's not my address that is the problem, so whoever is trying to figure this out, needs to figure it out, because I'm tired of this." And magically it all fell into place. It does not need to be this hard. People just don't care.

You will never get a raise in pay unless you get lead hand or supervisor. You get no benefits. You don't even get time and a half for Saturdays until you get 44 hours and seeing as your maximum day is 7.5 you won't get much time and a half at all. There is overtime but you will never get double time, even on Sundays.

The work isn't bad, the environment surrounding it is terrible. Morale is low, the ceiling for growth is about as tall as you are when you start and it's a place that you should avoid. Unless you just don't care, then knock yourself out.
Pros
Straight Shifts, Overtime
Cons
Management, Pay, Short Hours, Noise
Custodian at schools
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON9 February 2015
repetitive daily work loads
cleaning classrooms, library, gym, offices, staffroom, washrooms, hallways
using a floor scrubber machine and learning how to operate and troubleshoot proper.
summer cleaning throughout the whole school
work with a team and individually in your own section
Pros
a flu shot to prevent getting the flu.
Cons
poor management, not sufficient hours to provide thorough cleaning to schools; always getting sick, as germs are air-borne.
Cleaning
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 October 2013
I learned a lot about cleaning. My co-workers we've very helpful just awesome people to work with
Custodial place
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 July 2013
Work your hours, clean the place where you work and go home. Supervisor maybe shows up once a week so don't have to worry about the. Overall if your in need of a place to work and willing to work as a custodian then this place is for you.
Pros
steady hours
Cons
No free lunch