Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

Found 45 reviews matching the search See all 2,299 reviews
Horrible company
PSW (Former Employee) –  Thunderbay Ont.26 September 2018
No meet and greet of other co workers from the company, no explanation of where to go, when arriving to another province your basically on your own to figure out how to get to and from and which facility your to attend to.
Pros
Only given a schedule, unless otherwise changed if needed elsewhere
Cons
Required to fill others late shifts, no OT paid out lousy pay rates
Ok for work
CLIENT CARE COORDINATOR/BDM/HCA (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 November 2018
Life balance as office core member not great, work load supersedes pay.I have learned what I want in a position and the people I would surround myself with.
Very disorganised, miscommunications all the time.
Personal Heath care
ℵ Personal Care Aide / Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2018
I've been working in this establishment for a year now. Lots of people to meet and co-workers you can be friends. Salary is not that great if compares to other Private establishment like Comfort Keepers also there are comfort keepers company in Canada. Overall, It's fun working with them.
bad management
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Don Mills, ON23 January 2019
low pay job, not enough work for worker, bad management, small office, people can't make a living in this company, but boss are nice, they are willing to help you do reference.
good company with lots of freedom
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 November 2018
Good company to work for. Excellent staff. There are opportunities in the Vaughan area with a hospital being set up for 2020. There are plenty of referrers to get to know.
Casual job - good for students or seniors needing pocket money
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 June 2018
Most clients are wonderful, some can be abusive. You work alone all the time, no support. It is hard on your car as you drive all over the city for peanuts. You will not break even due to cost of gas and car maintenance. Not worth your time, energy and talent. Management is very poor.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay
Don’t work for the kelowna comfort keepers
Companion (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC22 April 2018
Enjoyed the senior I worked with immensely. Dealing with management a nightmare. Glad I got out. Management was great at the start then I guess their inexperience started to come out. Had already given my notice didn’t like what management was saying about me to client, I complained when I found out and they fired me
Pros
Great seniors
Cons
Poor management
Undependable Employer
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Ontario5 June 2018
I have been "employed" by Comfort Keepers for over 3 months, paid for a police check, submitted all my personal and tax info, and have yet to receive a single assignment. If this is how they treat employees, I wouldn't want them caring for my ageing loved ones!
Pros
Cons
No Work
PSW schedules are very flexible
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2018
The staff is very nice and very accommodating when it comes to shifts. There are just not enough hours sometimes. Most shifts are a minimum of three hours.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Sometimes very few hours
Family culture with strong team approach
SENIOR MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC30 March 2018
Keeping individuals engaged in life mentally ,emotionally ,physically and socially is what we do at Comfort keepers. It gives our clients a more healthy and meaningful quality of life. For our employees it is a feel good sensation knowing the smiles they bring to our client and their families. That is by far the most enjoyable part of the job .However the hardest part of the job is dealing with clients passing especially after serving them for an extensive period.
Pros
Knowing that you/we are improving the quality of life to those that are most vulnerable
Cons
dealing with seniors that mostly require assistance with their ADL, always expect unplanned emergencies
productive
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 June 2018
good place to work for, hours were great at first for a full time . staff were always very nice and willing to help when had a question. local to home
Pros
great staff
Cons
hours
a ok place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 May 2018
nice management very well organized lots of jobs willing to work with their employees on issues to accommodate them so they get hours friendly people located where u can get to them by transit
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
traveling
was not my favorate place to work.
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2018
This was not a very well run company. They would call me at the last minute and the people I worked with were sometimes not very friendly, therefore would stress me out. I had to drive from one end of the city to the other and not get paid for my gass and time. I would not recomend this job to any one.
Pros
This job was an eye opener to what I don't want to do.
Cons
This was a very stressful job. I had to waste my time and gass, getting from place to place and not getting paid for it.
Awesome place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 May 2018
Excellent staff
Great community
Well organized and lots of communication
Great clients to work with
Safe environment, you always feel welcomed
Happy place
Pros
Great stsff
Flexible
PAB (Current Employee) –  Outremont, QC4 March 2018
Very Flexible Job. Scheduling are base on your availability, its great for student who are looking for a part time job while going to school.This Job helped me to gain hands on experience as a PAB.
great place to work
Home Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 January 2018
staff and management at comfort keepers are understanding and caring and aim to provide the best care to their client and their families. They have flexible work hours which is great .
Fantastic Employers
Administrative Assistant/Scheduler, Companion (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 July 2017
The owner is a gem. He's very friendly and down to earth and takes time to get to know both staff and clients. He gives his work a personal touch and is very well regarded in the community.
The office staff are excellent, kind caring and dedicated to their work. They make every effort to match employees with suitable clients.
The business is very efficient and well managed. I enjoyed my time with Comfort Keepers very much and was offered opportunities to work in several different aspects of the company. I would and have recommend them as employers.
Pros
Flexible hours, the ability to accept or reject shifts
Cons
Not always as many hours on offer. Irregular schedule
Nice small company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC6 April 2014
We have different shifts, so there is no day the same.

I learnt to be flexible, find my way in Langley, Aldergrove and Abbotsford.
(I just immigrated in BC in 2011)

Usually work alone, so I don't meet my colleagues.

Hardest part of the job is when a client pass away, or when a client moves into a care home and they don't need your help anymore.

The most enjoyable part of the job is: that older people have so much to tell about their lives and experiences.
Cons
Sometimes you have a shift for 2 ours a day.....
I got a lot of satisfaction doing elder care. It was so nice knowing that I was making someone's life more pleasant.
Elder Care (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 November 2012
The type of work I did at Comfort Keepers had to be one of the most satisfying and personally gratifying work I have ever done anywhere.
Just knowing that I was helping someone in terms of their daily living made such a difference for me.
A typical day at work could involve doing errands, grocery shopping, light housekeeping/cooking and even bathing and dressing the client.
My co-workers were just lovely. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting such lovely people and the satisfaction I felt.
The hardest part of the job was mainly the traffic I had to sometimes endure.
Pros
just feeling like i was making a difference.
Cons
salary not really very good.
Great workers
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Val Caron, ON9 August 2017
Staff was great psw and nurses but management was awful. .over booking blamed workers not fair wages and very uncaring towards workers needs and problems in field. No gloves provided nothing sent people who are unqualified into clients homes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.