Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

productive
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 June 2018
good place to work for, hours were great at first for a full time . staff were always very nice and willing to help when had a question. local to home
Pros
great staff
Cons
hours
Undependable Employer
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Ontario5 June 2018
I have been "employed" by Comfort Keepers for over 3 months, paid for a police check, submitted all my personal and tax info, and have yet to receive a single assignment. If this is how they treat employees, I wouldn't want them caring for my ageing loved ones!
Pros
Cons
No Work
Casual job - good for students or seniors needing pocket money
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 June 2018
Most clients are wonderful, some can be abusive. You work alone all the time, no support. It is hard on your car as you drive all over the city for peanuts. You will not break even due to cost of gas and car maintenance. Not worth your time, energy and talent. Management is very poor.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay
Awesome place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 May 2018
Excellent staff
Great community
Well organized and lots of communication
Great clients to work with
Safe environment, you always feel welcomed
Happy place
Pros
Great stsff
a ok place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 May 2018
nice management very well organized lots of jobs willing to work with their employees on issues to accommodate them so they get hours friendly people located where u can get to them by transit
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
traveling
Don’t work for the kelowna comfort keepers
Companion (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC22 April 2018
Enjoyed the senior I worked with immensely. Dealing with management a nightmare. Glad I got out. Management was great at the start then I guess their inexperience started to come out. Had already given my notice didn’t like what management was saying about me to client, I complained when I found out and they fired me
Pros
Great seniors
Cons
Poor management
Family culture with strong team approach
SENIOR MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC30 March 2018
Keeping individuals engaged in life mentally ,emotionally ,physically and socially is what we do at Comfort keepers. It gives our clients a more healthy and meaningful quality of life. For our employees it is a feel good sensation knowing the smiles they bring to our client and their families. That is by far the most enjoyable part of the job .However the hardest part of the job is dealing with clients passing especially after serving them for an extensive period.
Pros
Knowing that you/we are improving the quality of life to those that are most vulnerable
Cons
dealing with seniors that mostly require assistance with their ADL, always expect unplanned emergencies
PAB (Current Employee) –  Outremont, QC4 March 2018
Very Flexible Job. Scheduling are base on your availability, its great for student who are looking for a part time job while going to school.This Job helped me to gain hands on experience as a PAB.
was not my favorate place to work.
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2018
This was not a very well run company. They would call me at the last minute and the people I worked with were sometimes not very friendly, therefore would stress me out. I had to drive from one end of the city to the other and not get paid for my gass and time. I would not recomend this job to any one.
Pros
This job was an eye opener to what I don't want to do.
Cons
This was a very stressful job. I had to waste my time and gass, getting from place to place and not getting paid for it.
great place to work
Home Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 January 2018
staff and management at comfort keepers are understanding and caring and aim to provide the best care to their client and their families. They have flexible work hours which is great .
A fantastic company to work for and a lot of perks with working with this company.
Companion, HCA,Cleaning (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 October 2017
A typical day at work is arriving on time if not 15 mins early. Going in to the home or facility and starting morning care. Shower on shower day. Medications for client. If time specific then make sure meds on time. Have a very positive attitude about the day, about the mood, about your client! Management is always spoken about in a very positive way and any questions must be passed along to office. I enjoy working in peoples homes or facilities and also hospital environment. The hardest part of the job would be when the people come to end of life. I enjoy spending this time with the client as they are in need of compassion and straight talk and care. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction and care that I can offer the client. I have learned to care but not to overcare for the client. When you care too much it can basically cause a caregiver to hit a brick wall and cause the caregiver to basically collapse. So if have learned anything, I have learned to care about my clients but not fall in love.
Pros
the office is very involved in letting you choose assignments when available
Cons
short hours sometimes....also long hours sometimes
Great workers
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Val Caron, ON9 August 2017
Staff was great psw and nurses but management was awful. .over booking blamed workers not fair wages and very uncaring towards workers needs and problems in field. No gloves provided nothing sent people who are unqualified into clients homes.
Fantastic Employers
Administrative Assistant/Scheduler, Companion (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 July 2017
The owner is a gem. He's very friendly and down to earth and takes time to get to know both staff and clients. He gives his work a personal touch and is very well regarded in the community.
The office staff are excellent, kind caring and dedicated to their work. They make every effort to match employees with suitable clients.
The business is very efficient and well managed. I enjoyed my time with Comfort Keepers very much and was offered opportunities to work in several different aspects of the company. I would and have recommend them as employers.
Pros
Flexible hours, the ability to accept or reject shifts
Cons
Not always as many hours on offer. Irregular schedule
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Shelburne, ON10 May 2017
This company is very flexible and very understanding. I have loved working for them because they really try to accomodate my needs and schedule. They also are open and are willing to listen. I have never felt so comfortable with a company before.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low wages
Great company to work for love it.
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 February 2017
Very understanding love this company been with them for almost three years. Hard working individuals that work for comfort keepers. Will not work anywhere else now but this company they truly respect there employees.
Pros
Management team Very supportive and engaged. Wage above average
Cons
Nothing at this time
unstable
Health care Aide (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 June 2016
work is ok however it's unstable because its oncall and it depends if there is a client or not. sometimes the hours is good sometimes they really dont have anything for you
soin à domicile et résidence
Qc, H9W 5S3 (Former Employee) –  Beaconsfield, QC11 May 2016
J'ai eu des clients avec qui j'ai passé de beau moment et agréable.
Mes clients ont tous apprécier mes services donné pour chacun de leurs besoin.
developing good friendly working relationships with clients
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC13 April 2016
going from house to house cleaning for the elderly I enjoyed the atmosphere with the people I worked for and having company while working I enjoyed developing relationships with people. I did not enjoy the driving all over the place with no gas allowance to do my job to me that is poor planning with management instead of staying in one area at a time
PSW (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 February 2016
Management is very accommodating and supportive can't find a better boss. They have plenty of work and pay is ok for the type of work your doing. Really easy work. Nice clients and great bosses
Pros
Understanding management
Canadian work exposure
Companion/ Personal Aid (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2015
Got exposure with Canadian health care services. specifically helped to improve communication with elderly population, identifying their needs and providing companionship to seniors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.