Comfort Inn Employee Review

my job as front desk supervisor
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI29 January 2014
It is difficult to describe my job in a sentence or two, what an front office clerk does. My duties may varied by employer and by level of my experience. It even changed from day to day depending on my employer's needs. An office clerk may do any or all of a variety of tasks including filing, answering phones, entering data, scheduling appointments, typing correspondence, proofreading documents, running errands and handling mail, to name but a few. As a front office supervisor, I assume a lot of responsibilities which included working whenever one of the front desk clerks called off, training of all front desk staff, scheduling and making sure that we stay within the required monthly budget. Working in the hospitality industry can be both fun and stressful. You encounter different personalities. From the real nice individual to the really demanding ones. The key to really be successful in my job is to listen, understand and resolve the situation to the guest satisfaction without any confrontations. The best part of working in my industry is meeting new and fresh faces every day and being able to brush up on my languages.
Pros
Having off some weekends and free hotel stays
Cons
no health benefits and longer work hours

Other Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

Not the best workplace.
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 April 2018
It is a good school for people without experience, so they can learn and get an insight of the industry, however management was poor. The hardest part of the job was having to work Christmas days where many arrivals had to call to cancel their reservations due to weather conditions so in many occasions I found myself siting in front of the computer or walking around feeling useless.
Pros
You work independently.
Cons
Not enough hours.
It was an alright place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK17 April 2018
I enjoyed the people i worked with, the management on the other hand was very difficult the GM had left bruises on a housekeeper from punching her. I would not work there again