Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels Employee Review

View all Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels reviews

Highly don't recommend
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CA8 June 2013
This place is family owned so the rules are basically whatever they say goes. At first this was a great place to work, then once the owners got used to you they would treat you like you were also their property. If you need a day off, forget about it because they control who can and can't cover your shift which meant you couldn't request one off. Don't expect to ever be promoted because like I said this place is family owned.
Pros
You get to meet a lot of people who get to travel and have such interesting stories, there's a lot of down time especially during the winter season, you get to reserve at other choice hotels at a discounted price depending on availability.
Cons
Owners are very rude and it's very difficult to request a day off.

Other Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels Employee Reviews

Started out great, until the new owner took over.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON14 May 2018
Working here, I was tasked with cleaning, luggage handling for large groups and occasionally helping the maintenance worker. I quite enjoyed my time here, until the new owner came in and forced many people to quit (luckily I was gone days before he took over, but I used to go there to visit family who worked there). The owner was very unpleasant to his employees, and had actually made a few of them cry. Needless to say, when he took over most people left.
Pros
Friendly staff, guests leave tips
Cons
New owner was extremely intolerable, no job security
Best job ever!
front dest - housekeeping (Current Employee) –  lavista nebraksa7 May 2018
I love everything about working here because we are a family and love each other! My bosses rock, co-workers are irreplaceable and owner is awesome!!
Pros
Management, Co-Workers, scheduling, food, breaks, hot tub and all the free coffee and lemon water you can drink all day everyday & i love the guest!
Cons
no health insurance but that just keeps us eating and living a healthy lifestyle!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

51K