Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels

Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels Employee Reviews for Night Auditor

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,012 reviews

Okay

It was a job until I found something better. The pay was minimum wage and the culture was okay for the most part. Didn't ever interact with management and rarely saw them. Co workers were great except for one person. The customers were awesome loved meeting new people and talking with them.

Love it!

This location has been amazing to me. Got hired as a night auditor while still working a day job, were very good for giving me a set schedule so I could plan my week around it. Love seeing guests, management is a huge support as are the coworkers. There are obviously some characters I end up dealing with at night, but nothing that would make me want to leave.

Pros

Management/CoWorkers/Culture

Cons

Customers

Fun workplace but gm wasnt serious about her position which made day to day tasks difficult.

I was a Night Auditor so I hadnt really done much work during the night. I would start work at 11pm and wouldnt do much except Check ins and to wait till aboout 2am to do the contingency reports. than walk around hand out recipts and print out the am check ins. Most of it was sitting around not doing much

Discouraging

Training was short and it's not enough. Make yourself always available even when you're off. Does not inform when schedules change. They lack support for Night Auditors. Management won't deal with conflicting people.

enjoyed housekeeping

I enjoyed the housekeeping a lot, I got to work at my own pace, and it was something that I was able to be proud and that no one could take credit for the work I did. Only down fall was the gossip that did happen.

Great atmosphere to work staff are friendly, take their time to help one another. Clean and organized structure in the workplace. Management made it an easy and enjoyable place of employment.

Pros

Great hours, Benefits

Cons

Cant advance quickly, off season

Great work experience

I loved the visitors from various cities and countries. The staff was alway support. Learning here was a great experience Debra was an outstanding manager.

Shady

I worked there for a month as a night audit.. my audits began being messed with. Other employees were rude. Then i started missing hours off my pay and pay stub..

Not knowing whats up

There was so much discrimination there. The supervisor said she wont hire young people. Didn't give me a chance for proper training i wasn't offered a sign in and didn't let me do the training videos. I found them to be very unreliable unfood safe (serving expired waffle mix) and mean, they asked me if I was pregnant no I'm just fat. I was always early and this was the worse I have ever been treated in my life. I think they should be better organized it's a mess.

Pros

Cons

They dont tell you when the schedule changes

Lack of communication between staff and management

The hours were very difficult to get used to. I worked every single weekend while I was there and it was very hard to get any requested days off. There was a great deal of miscommunication between staff and management. The job and hours were not what they were promised to be at my interview. I tried to have this resolved many times with no responses from management.

Job itself is wonderful not so much management

I enjoyed the people I worked with and majority of the customers. The management not so much. It was a great experiencing people from all walks of life.

Pros

the staff

Cons

too many to name.

enjoyable Atmosphere

Co workers do not get encouragement from mgmt. Only error management... Company is young and growing, but present management has to grow up and create a better working atmosphere.

Pros

good workplace envoirment.

Cons

no positive interaction with management..

Worse manager ever

I worked here 3 different times. The first 2 times it was awesome, great people, friendly and the manager was amazing at making his employees feel useful and needed. The manager when I worked there last was completely incompetent, and had no leadership qualities. The moral of the staff was the lowest I'd ever seen working at any other place.

Vast amount of experiance

Late night hours, but went fast, Cover every function of hotel alone, from guest check ins,outs, Laundry, Breakfast setup, Parking lot, building patrols. always something to do.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

always working nights

Fun Work place

I did learned management skills, working night shift isn't that easy. as every work place people do not not have same education, cultures or even believing. Few of my co-workers i can not get along with because they brought their families issue at the work place and treat you like garbage bag. What did i enjoyed the most is when i am done my paper work and everything balance

Pros

free brakefast

Cons

garbage cleaning

Good hotel branch with ability to move up in job.

I will come into work, balance the books for the day to ensure all daily revenues have been collected and accounted for. I learned how the hotel business works as a whole, both on the customer service and marketing side of things. Management was a great help and offered much insight into the daily operations. The hardest part of the job was correcting others mistakes in order to balance the books and the most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with numerous patrons from all different walks of life.

Fun working in the hotel industry

I did loved my job and my work place. If i wasnt moving out of Sudbury i would stayed longer. Nice people i work with or work in the hotel.

Night life much different than day life

As a night auditor, there is not much you can miss out on a night. However, your day is perhaps, wasted. I have enjoyed little time at Comfort Inn with its guests. At Comfort Inn, a night auditor is the management and security who runs the hotel entirely. That is of course aside from running the daily night audit. For such little wage as little as $12.00/hour couldn't pay off the hard work I provided. So, I decided to quit.

Pros

Understanding the workflow of the business entierly.

Cons

Little wages

Was a great place to work

I truly enjoyed working for Comfort Inns and Suites. Management treated me with respect.They gave me added responsibilities to make decisions and backed my decisions based on my many years experience in the Hotel business.

Pros

As long as my job was completed accurately and on time, all was good.

Cons

Worked all night 11pm until 7am

Great staff fun atmosphere.

I learned quite a bit of hotel information, the functions of day to day of the hotel, book keeping, groth of customer service skills. As for the management it was not consistent we went through 3 managers in 2 years. My co workers were amazing we really got along like a family. Hardest part of the job was trying to adapt to new management and constant change in policies each time the management changed. The most enjoyable was the guests and my co workers.

Working together like family

A typical day at work was checking guests in and out of their rooms with a professional attitude.I learned the front desk computer system and how the front desk operates.My co-workers and I supported each other when we needed to switch shifts without any complaints...nice people to work with.The hardest part of the job was when we would be checking multiple guests in at the same time with 100% accuracy.

Pros

everyone worked together as a team

Cons

no free food; when occupancy decreased so did the hours of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.6K