Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels

Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Found 119 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,012 reviews

Fulfilled a need

The job interview was painless and straight forward. The hours were set. Because it was housekeeping there was no flexibility. The rooms needed cleaning by check in time. It was a lot of hard work. The rooms could be extremely messy and you still had a time limit to clean them. Your body got sore muscles where you did not even know you had muscles until you got used to job. My work location was unionized but not managed well by union. Our wage was never going to increase to cost of living. Pandemic brought even more uncertainty to job hours.

Very good place to work

I had worked at the Collingwood Comfort in location and right from the moment I did the interview i knew this job was for me. The work was good 10 to 15 rooms a day. The pay was excellent. And our team meetings were always lead well.

Pros

Free coffee on site

Cons

Some bad management and employees

Choose somewhere else

Unfair always mis leaded not properly trained little to no shifts or never any time to relax greatly favouritism no full time status low salary way underpaid

Awful place to work.

Employees are deceived and do not pay their salaries. I do not advise you to get a job there. The team does not feel a friendly atmosphere; the air is full of negativity. Supervisors do not seek to motivate employees. But the biggest problem of this organization is that they do not pay wages in full. Payment is made by room, you need to clean one room in 30 minutes. The opening hours are not taken into account, only the number of rooms is taken into account. For example, if you have cleaned 10 rooms, then you will be paid for 5 hours of work (regardless of how much you spent on the total time).

Pros

Cons

Long hours without payment.

Good environment

Management was easy to work with, but some staff liked to bully the new staff. Was able to inter train in other departments, flexible working schedule.

Fast pasted

Nice place to work if there is the right management.lots of hours ,sometimes too much.They sometimes want too much.Pay should be more .Along with upgrading.During covid ,many direlics and homeless allowed to stay in hotel which I felt unsafe.

Pros

Some days fun

Cons

Small pay

terrible supervisor

the supervisor likes to creat drama and treats staff like children.just a hostile work environment in general .also not meeting covid 19 mandatory cleaning .

Pros

free coffee

Cons

horrible management

It was an ok place but could be alot more sanitary and proper

This place could definitely use the proper ways of cleaning and when they give us so many doubles(rooms with 2 beds each) they don't give us enough time to get a full stop done to have the laundry down by 11am so in most cases we usually help one another out. I do miss working there but their is a mile long list of how much stuff is not very properly ran.

Not a good place to work

If you have a family at home don’t bother working here. They don’t care to balance your work life with your children at home. They think giving you 1 Sunday off will satisfy you and your family.

Great place to work!

Management is super friendly and very approachable, as well as extremely understanding. Loved working for this lady. Slow paced able to work at your own pace. Friendly staff

Pros

Work environment, good management, good work life balance

Cons

Pay

Not good

I work there for 6 years, they're great people to work as long as you stay useful, they'll tell you they have love and concern for you, but like I said, only if you stay useful other wise they don't know you , your a stranger !

Pros

Stay useful

Cons

Stay useful

Slavery work

From day one..never was there any supplies available on a daily basis. Never enough sheets or towels for 2-3 rooms. NOT even 1 extra shower curtain. So bad..The management had no respect.. worked you til you got so stressed.Not one Thank you from him.I could go on but this should say it all.

Pros

Co workers where nice

Cons

Unstable..disrepectful..treated housekeepers like slaves.

The people

It start off with you then the people you want To treat people how you want To be treated and i like my job cause i got alone with everyone i come To do my job and go on my way the same thang every day do what i got to do and leave

amazing wonderful people treat like family

typical day 10-16 rooms per day around 6 hour shifts some days are longer. management is very friendly and amazing always ask about your day and interests. I enjoy all the staff.

more stressful then a fun place to work for

the work is good. fast paced and keeps you very busy only when there are enough rooms sold. always getting called off when there are not enough rooms sold. the manager can be very mean at times and has her favorites and they get most of the shifts. there are at least 2 that will get eight hours in a day and everyone else has to go home right after the rooms are done whether it takes 3 or 6 hours. makes it very stressful on other staff.

Pros

free lunches.sometimes

Cons

not enough work for everyone all the time

Fast Paced

This position is in a fast pace environment you have to do a room in the time they require u too. If you like a job where ur never bored and are constantly doing something this would be it the people u work with are very nice also.

Pros

tips

Cons

Don't always get paid ontime

Learned how much i love the hospitality industry!

I would recommend working here to someone who enjoys helping people, takes pride in their appearance, has great communication skills and knows how to problem solve while using positive language. I was able to learn so much and improve on my own customer service abilities. I feel lucky to have had such a good experience and meet so many great people.

Ok

Nice employers, caring & understanding. So far I never got my 3 month raise they said I was gonna get in my interview. Kept asking but never got it. I don’t know if you can advance with this company either, doesn’t seem like it & no benefits at all.

Good

Love it amazing staff they are always looing out for you and qare friendly and inviting it was a fast paced fun place to work and very clean and tifldy

Good

It’s a great place to work terrible management though friendly staff but they will turn on you so just do your job and get out also leave all drama at the entrance door

Comfort inn

Working at Comfort Inn was a good experience . I would still work there if not for life incidents getting in the way . I enjoyed the atmosphere and the people I worked for .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.6K