Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels

Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels Pay & benefits reviews: Housekeeper/Laundry

Clear
2.7Pay & benefits

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,038 reviews

good environment , great people love the job

I love my job and the people I work with , I had no experience in housekeeping , they work with you when you have appointments or need time off, we all work together to get what needs to be done, the executive housekeeper made sure everyone had what was needed to make sure the rooms were cleaned and restocked, there really is no hard part to this job , I just want the opportunity to see if I can get a higher wage , and I'll be a lot closer to home, walking distance,

Pros

good environment, excellent people to work with, work with you for needed time off

Cons

pay raises, no benefits

Free coffee all day

There’s no room for advancement. No holiday, vacation, pto, sick pay. Absolutely no insurance. You’re never paid what you are worth!! I received 1 small pay raise. So small I didn’t even notice a change in my take home pay.

Pros

Cons

No raise, no benefits, no holiday pay, no nothing, overtime not paid accurate

I think it's fun

It's all good.its a Job.the work is not hard the team is good,if I could I would go back to work there.i loved my boss's.the hotel it self is very nice.

Pros

The food

Cons

Short breaks

I didnt like the boss

I didnt like the boss or some of the coworkers there i didnt care for.its a nice hotel but i would work there again..good is nice rooms thats about it.

Pros

Free breakfast.

Cons

Very short

Horrible experience (housekeeping)

Horrible place to work. You dont get paid enough for the work you have to do. Learn more and only get a 20 cent raise. Always understaffed. Management tells you to remake beds that guest have slept in. Management doesn't do much aside from sit at the front desk on the computer (even when they aren't on front desk duty), constant smoke breaks, creating boards, and "checking" rooms. Oh and cant forget sleeping in rooms too while on the clock. All while housekeeping scrambles to get rooms done by 3. Can't forget theres never enough sheets, towels, and toiletries, etc. 2nd shift never touches laundry so if you join housekeeping come in an hour early so you can fold and roll your own sheets. The place is extremely unprofessional and cheap. I wouldn't recommend working here even to get experience.

Pros

Some coworkers are nice

Cons

Cheap pay, understaffed, underappreciated

A great company to work for

I enjoyed my time at the comfort inn and they are good people to work for. The environment is friendly and inviting. They treat you like real people not just employees.

Pros

Free breakfast

I love cleaning and working in a hotel but it wasnt a stable position.

Cleaning hotel rooms was great, pretty easy work just fast paced and you need to pay attention to detail. I loved everything about this job except that I lived 40 minutes away and only got about 20 hours a week. My paycheck was only paying for gas to get back and forth so I had to find something new.

Pros

Relaxed environment, good coworkers, good manager

Cons

Unstable hours, far drive from home

Great management and place to work in the summer,

Was great working with everyone there. Very friendly environment, good hours during the summer, and great management. Management are understandable and kind.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Not enough hours

Very low wages doesnt treat staff with respect at all

Managment doesnt respect their staff always pushing only a 10 min break in a 8 hour period they do not have enough laundry to do a full turn equipment is out dated

It's a really fun place to work at

The people are really nice. The general manager of the hotel is really nice and he will help you with any questions you have. The housekeeping supervisor is really nice to and if you have a problem she will help you out.

Pros

Free lunches, Christmas bonus

Cons

Short breaks

great vibes from co workers

Steady pace work with great workers around you. Management could have been better. I left because of pay and lack of benefits. the callenges I have encountered is the number of rooms I would have in a day, we would have a full house and then check out all at once. Most of all I enjoyed the team I worked with.

Lack of hours and pay

The work at comfort inn is ok, The hours are not enough for a single person, you get only 30 hours for two weeks.That will not pay a single person BILLS

Cons

Fun and productive place too work..nice people too work with...it's been a long time..I'm sure it's the same owners..Very Nice

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Not enough hours

Work hard

U work way to hard for what little pay u get. U don't get a lunch break. U have to do 2 and 3 jobs at a time..................,,,,,,,........

There r no advacements here,no raises ,no vacations,no opportunity to better yourself

This company has no advancement,no vacations ,no hrs.!! Definitely no raises at all no overtime what's ever ! The workers are al am awesome ppl.but when there's nothing being offered to the employees it doesn't make it a very pleasant place to work ..Also it doesn't make you wanna continue to n with a company that doesn't want to benefit their employees!!

Pros

The employees r awesome to work with!

Cons

This company has nothing to offer!There's no raises, no vacations, no overtime, and Im looking to get out of the hotel business completely

Nice people to work for who compensate and acknowledge your work

A typical day at work includes cleaning about 10 hotel rooms or working in laundry which includes stripping laundry from dirty rooms, washing and folding laundry and inspecting rooms that other housekeepers have cleaned to make sure they are to the satisfaction of the customers and to the choice hotel standards. I also do inventory about once a week and place orders for supplies needed.

Pros

Excellent pay compensation, 401k contribution, 30 min paid lunch break

Cons

Very often when someone doesn't show up for work we have to do their job, as well as, our own

Fast paced

I didnt think I would get bumped up with a raise after a month and more job duties but I liked working for this company. If the management wasnt so poor I would like to still have my job working here.

Pros

commission

Cons

short breaks

productive, fun place to work everyone pull together

to deal with all types of people and problems. Mangement would step in and help out if needed. at times dealing with guest that just wasn`t pleasable or co-worker not showing up. knowing if need your fellow co-workers would step in to help.

Pros

advancement oppatunities

benefits

clean ,friendly

workin there was nice friendly .it,s where everyone worked as a team.

Pros

had chances to eat breakfast when we got to work.

Cons

had nice health care plan.

I got a long with all the housekeepers. We looked out for each other.

When I started there it was a mess. The hotel hadn't pass an inspection in two years. I scrubed till my finger tips began to bleed. A lot of items were getting missing from the guest rooms. We weren't making enough hours to sometimes get to work. On a good day some of us would help the other girls finish their rooms for the day. Some of us were like family, we looked out for one another, even down to picking the other up for work or giving a ride home.

Pros

we were given a birthday dinner on the month of our birthday.

Cons

weren't given raises.

laid back.

This buiseness is laid back and it is a fun work invironment, BUT the owner of this building could careless about his employees, no possability of ANY kind of raise, no supplies for this place to make it look nice etc...

Pros

awsome people to work with

Cons

no raises, no health benifits at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.6K