Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Good hours steady work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON3 July 2018
A typical day starts at 8:30 and dependent upon how fast you work you can be done around 3:00 or 3:30. The employer was good and likes employees who work hard and can work independently. The work is physically hard.
Pros
Good hours steady work
Cons
Seasonal
Best job ever!
front dest - housekeeping (Current Employee) –  lavista nebraksa7 May 2018
I love everything about working here because we are a family and love each other! My bosses rock, co-workers are irreplaceable and owner is awesome!!
Pros
Management, Co-Workers, scheduling, food, breaks, hot tub and all the free coffee and lemon water you can drink all day everyday & i love the guest!
Cons
no health insurance but that just keeps us eating and living a healthy lifestyle!
Great co workers
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON4 May 2018
My co workers were the best part of this job.
Hardest part was carrying laundry baskets filled with towels and blankets and mind you only so much fits in a laundry basket...
Not the best work place
Loved working there
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 April 2018
Got to meet great people and was never a dull moment. Was able to meet and greet many a different guests of all cultures while being able to clean there rooms to the managements specifications. Being able to make the customer happy is the best reward going..
Housekkeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB13 March 2018
Well for housekeeping there has been repetitive duties. I did things from vacuuming and cleaning and all shorts of cleaning tools in order to keep the Hotel clean for they guest
typical day at work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 February 2018
Clean rooms and hallways, keep cart clean, report lost and/or stolen items. Help guests with anything they need, report anything wrong with rooms or hallways.
Very friendly and fast paced environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON2 February 2018
Everyone was always welcoming and willing to lend you a hand. Housekeeping is very fast paced and demanding, but they always enjoyed their time doing it and made you feel the same way.
fun enthusiastic
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 January 2018
I'm responsible, had worker, punctual, fun, friendly, follow instructions and pay attention to detail. take pride to ensuring that everything has been done and take care of
A rather solitary job that starts above minimum.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 November 2017
I worked mostly by myself cleaning rooms, with my coworkers also working alone nearby. This works well, but can be a rather lonely job when all the guests have checked out or are absent, even for an introverted person like myself.
A aftermath of a hurricane..
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC29 November 2017
If it were to be professional and calm, I would have loved it being my first job experience,but it was not, I've gotten sick multiple times and I thank them for sick pay, but it would have been great to be out and up on my feet,, the people I worked with were great but the people I worked for was so unexplainably immature, it was honestly disgusting to watch..... And I have been working long hours just to find out they were for free basically.. Thanks comfort inn for the experience, I now know when to walk away from things like this
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Long hours, short staffed
Good job terrible management
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB23 November 2017
I've worked at many hotels in my life. I can honestly say with confidence this was by far the worst experience I have had at any job with a terrible boss. You will get hired for a FULL time position and then only be given 1-2 shifts a week yet the manager will continue to hire new staff. Hours are cut without notice and pay is the absolute least amount you can be given. We weren't even paid overtime for a while... hotel jobs are great, only with the right management.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management, no benefits, low pay
Fun work place
House keeping (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 November 2017
Typical day at work involves cleaning room by room usually always started with the beds then the bathrooms
Sometime would clean the main entrance and the public bathrooms
I liked working here cause you get to be by yourself when working so 8 don't get distracted
Pros
Get a discount on staying the night at a comfort inn all around canada
good
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON3 November 2017
It was overall a good experience. People were really helping and nice. I have learned a number of things like how to work properly and keep up with people.
Pros
free lunches every monday
Cons
less hours
Very flexible
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC2 October 2017
Everyone was very helpful and I found myself doing more than just housekeeping, such as learning more about the business side of the hotel. The whole experience was enjoyable.
Not enough hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON24 July 2017
Ok place to work friendly girls not enough hours. wasn't impressed i called in sick one time and got called out in front of everyone about it which was very embarrassing
Review
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS8 July 2017
Very long shifts. The down fall was everytime there was not enough work expecially in the winter, I would get called not to go into work. The co-workers were friendly.
fun place
Housekeeper ( seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Gananoque, ON23 June 2017
the women were nice the management was in order lots of things got done if we needed something we got it. really enjoyed working for comfort inn.
i like the feeling when the people who stay in the rooms u clean really appreciate all the hard work housekeepers do.
Pros
friendly place
Cons
cleaning toilets
Always under new management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 June 2017
Typical work day...
Go to work
Say "Hi" to everyone upon signing in
Notice your schedule was changed because someone didn't like theirs for the day. Not acceptable! I should be asked if I would like to switch my schedule with someone.
Not enough carts for housekeepers. Some employees don't like to share their items with other employees. It is hard to work efficiently with a lack of items and use of a full sized cart. Carts should be pre-assigned per employee each day so there is no confusion or complaints.
I enjoyed being able to work independently and somewhat at my own pace.
Pros
Not any until you're hired into the Union
Cons
No chance of full-time or advancement
Good job, hard work
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS11 June 2017
Being a housemaid is not an easy job and should not be underestimated. The management is great as well as the rest of the employees that work there. It is a great place to work.
Friendly environment.. An hour long lunch break was nice
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK5 June 2017
Well comfort inn was a nice place to work . had friendly co-workers. I learnt how to clean the rooms to the comfort inns satisfactory. The management were awesome. They'd correct u rather than yelling at u,an made u feel respected for the work u done.
Pros
Half hour lunch break
Cons
Having to get extra rooms because someone didnt show for work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

51K