Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels

Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 32 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,012 reviews

Very poor benefit, the owner was just interested in making profit and not concerned about the welfare of the employees

To be honest, the comfort inn is a franchise so I want to believe each comfort inn is different. Here, the owner was just concerned about what the sales of each day was and the profit at the end of the month. They were never concerned about the welfare of the workers. Honestly people only stayed if they had something to gain like their PR otherwise the turnover was alot. The only benefit was prescription and dental up to 80% and you only get refunded quarterly, it’s crazy.

Cons

Low pay, poor benefits

Corporate pressure prevents management from allowing employees to succeed

When working at the Comfort Inn, Management regularly set tasks that required employees to meet criteria that was not only not within their job description or realistic expectations for which they were being fairly compensated, it inevitably set them up to fail. Employees were expected to please guests but not provided with the time or the tools to meet guest expectations. Staff was expected to work as a team but divided and set against one-another. In such a toxic atmosphere no-one can be expected to thrive.

Pros

Fair notice on scheduling

Cons

Near Constant Animosity

Don't do it

Management is not there to help you with any problems when there not there they don't answer you, your alone all day no breaks not worth it stay way no help, you can't be sick, no cover, no protection from robbery, no protection from drunk/ crazy people

Pros

Cons

Bad management, no breaks

Great co-workers

The management and other staff are friendly, approachable and encouraging. The issue for my self was with one key person. One day they are kind and the next they are threatening to fire you. They are unprofessional and a bully.

Pros

Great co-workers

when I first started there it was great morale was high and everyone seemed to be on the same page. When we lost our General manager and the house keeping manager took over, everything that had been achieved with hard work had been completely undone. This is a woman I believed in and trusted then she started lying and cutting back hours because the hotel was over budget. Not a good place to work.

Poorly Managed Business

It's unbelievable how impotent Management is. As close to hopeless and directionless business I've ever seen first hand. Subsequently, lower level or entry employees are scapegoats for upper management. Anyone who enjoys being adequately trained to do their job properly will have to cope without such luxury here. The people are very nice despite the absence of any workplace leadership.

Great place to work!!

The bosses are awesome. Your coworkers are the best. There's room for growth. You aren't stuck in a dead end job. Everyone is great. The benefits are great.

Front Desk Fun

Great ppl to work with, pay I’d expect to be a little more considering the responsibilities expected to job title. Competitive rates to ensure receiving incentives on Cheque was fun

High expectations for what they pay!

Meeting and greeting guests was about the only positive to this job! Rules seemed to change daily,favoritism runs rampant, and all depending on where the guest works, depends on their level of service! Management is a joke, and should never be trusted!

Comfort Inn

I was hired on as a Guest Service Representative shortly after I graduated from Hospitality, Tourism and Restaurant management. I was able to refine or test out skills I had learned in college. This position required us to be able to work alone, be on our feet all day and handle guests with care.

Pros

In my field

Cons

understaffed

Rushed to clean rooms, no team work

Minimum pay, 20 minutes to clean per room but they expect perfection, hours are part time, no team work, they have benefits but must have the expected amount of hours to qualify

Pros

Benefits but only if you manage to get the min hours required to qualify

Cons

Not enough hours, rushed to clean rooms but expect perfection

Hard pass

Management sucks, the hours suck, they're long, you're forced to work even when your shift is over. Short staffed all the time, missing appointments or family gatherings because we are not allowed to leave if our cross shift doesn't show up... not a place I'd recommend.

Pros

You can do what you want when it's dead

Cons

long hours, managment isn't good

Great Company to work for.

Greeted customers Answered the phones made hotel resveration for guests did the night audit and the monaris machine set up the breakfast for guest kept fresh coffee

Pros

you get to meet people from all over the world.

great way to meet new people

Not a bad place to work. I enjoy meeting such a large variety of cultures. Many nice people from many different places. There is just no room for growth.

Pros

medical benefits

Cons

No increase in wages in 4 years

Enjoy my job

I have always worked in customer service and quite enjoy my job at Comfort Inn. Friendly staff and amazing guests make the shift enjoyable. Thank you.

Not the best workplace.

It is a good school for people without experience, so they can learn and get an insight of the industry, however management was poor. The hardest part of the job was having to work Christmas days where many arrivals had to call to cancel their reservations due to weather conditions so in many occasions I found myself siting in front of the computer or walking around feeling useless.

Pros

You work independently.

Cons

Not enough hours.

Great staff to work with

I really enjoyed my time at the Comfort Inn. The staff were fun to work with and the guest were always enjoyable as no two were ever the same. I laughed every day at work.

Pros

Meeting guests

Cons

Short hours

A typical day at work.

A typical day at work would be taking reservations, giving directions, Education customers about the area. Checkouts - communicating with Housekeeping staff Check-ins - cash debit and credit trans actions. Directing incoming calls and waiting on walk in guests.

Work alone

Working alone had it's ups and down, frustrating with noisey teams. Never received a raise In the 6 years I worked there.owner was pretty cheap.......

Great work environment

Wonderful workplace culture Good hours Good business and company Poor management at the time Excellent security measures and security guards Great learning curve

Fun workplace with good cooworkers

Enjoyable hard work with nice people with lots of opportunities to learn. 8 hours of work per day, multitask job that requires people that can deal with pressure and are clean and organized. Good environment place with really nice people and manager. I was unexpected lay off before complete 3 months of work and I was told that the reason was that the owner was cutting expenses. At the same time, all my time working there, I would have compliments every day from everyone, never had any problems of any kind and I've always been told I was doing pretty good. It's a good place to work, but I guess they count you as a number and not a person at the end of the day.

Pros

Good work enviroment, nice cooworkers and manager

Cons

Owner viewer focus on her own money over the quality of employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.6K