Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels

Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Found 33 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,012 reviews

Brand new building, nice staff

The building is brand new Very friendly staffCustomers are well taken care of Complimentary breakfast PoolExercise room Pet friendly Snack bar to purchase

Not all hotels are like this one.

Working at Comfort Inn in Smiths Falls was the worst job experience of my life! I was hired to work certain shifts that worked with my caring for two infants and when a new manager was finally hired I was fired for not being able to work all shifts all the time.That being said I have worked in other choice hotels that were a pleasure to work in. Management was great and the work environment was fabulous!

Very stress workplace, poor management and cheap owner

This hotel only will pay you minimum wages and work you to the bone! They do not allow breaks. They want the front desk girl to clean washroom, do laundry and fold towels when check out time is over or before check in time (usually 12 to 2:30 pm). They expect the front desk to take care of the continental breakfast as they do not want to hire an extra kitchen staff. Again, they do not want to hire extra laundry staffs, so the front agent must do all! Please do yourself a favour and stay away from this job!

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Rude supervisor and cheap boss

Independent shifts

Understaffed, front desk staff is expected to do laundry, mop floors, serve breakfast and be security guards. Management isnt given enough power to make decisions. Part time hours are only available. Guests are usually great to deal with and the training from choice hotels is helpful.

Pros

8 hour shifts and choice training

Cons

Ineffective management, absent owners and poor pay without raises

Horrible

I worked with Comfort Inn for 2 years and it was great at first but coming up to my 2 year anniversary my hours were cut to the newest employee that one had just over a year of working there because they were a man and could fix things, unlike me who is a woman.

This is my review sorry if it is out there its thd truth amd everyone should know

The boss would pick hos days to pick on you. I found a dead body at comfort inn my manager told me not to say anything. I then got offered no help no counselling. The regional manager and my manager and the laundry lady all lied to the health board stating thwy offered us employees help after the dead body innocent. No that is not true. My boss lied to wsib screwed me over large. Just absolutely terrible jyst terrible

Flexible

Productive, chances to meet new people and grow networking if you work at the front desk. But little chance of advancement unless you take an opportunity in another hotel of the chain.

Fast paced environment

Most enjoyable part of the job is customer interaction. Always something to do. Friendly environment. Meeting people from all around the world. Always multi-tasking

A good workplace to improve communication and technical skills

A typical work day would include going to work 10 mins before shift begins in order to take the handover. Then go through shift duties in a systematic manner till the end of shift. Learned about simpler yet efficient payment strategies and handling queries from customers. The management is great. Peaceful workplace culture.

Great work experience

Enjoyed my work and learn new things every day. Improve my costomer service skills and built professional network. Location is also great and wrk environment is also nice.

Fun and friendly workplace

My review of the Comfort Inn By Choice hotels is the work environment is friendly and fast passed, but at the same time it is what I expected of a front desk position. I believe that the best part of the job is being able to interact with people, but also you have to realize that some people can be difficult. Also you do have to realize the hours vary greatly. Another thing I like is we have a lot of long term stays so you also get to know the guests.

Comfort Inn is a great place to work. There is a lot of room for advancement if you are willing to work hard. The management is very kind and helpful. I would work here forever if I could.

Great work experience

Overall great work environment, received many certificates working there. Depending on the date and time, could get extremely stressful. Had to understand the ins and outs of the job

Pros

Free breakfast/lunches

Cons

Stressful clientele

fun work place, meeting with new people

its a very nice place to work. staff and maganment are famaliar meeting with new people its a quite nice experience help and fulfilling the requirements of guests

front desk clerk

I was employed as a front des clerk greeted customers when they came to motel entered reservation information selected rooms for each took payments from customers

Learning & growing exprerience

It was my pleasure to work at suck a well-renowned hotel like Comfort Inn & Suites.I have learnt a lot of new things in the profession. Since, I graduated from Hotel & Hospitality Management, I was lucky enough to work in the same profession.

work day

the hotel is busy for the most part on a daily basis. Multi-tasking and being able to keep calm is very important. The hardest part of the job is the poor communication between departments. Enjoyable part is being able to meet different people with different backgrounds and cultures

Pros

free breakfast

Cons

salary to low

Ok salary, no training, unclean conditions

It was ok to work for this company. I enjoyed the team members, however there was no training provided for people who aren't familiar with the hotel systems. I had to figure everything by myself. The management in this hotel was chaotic and sometimes the instruction given where unclear. They also expect you to know everything right off the bat, even if you're a newcomer. The stuff is friendly, but they will rush you. It was an ok experience overall.

Pros

friendly personel

Cons

management, no training

Great co workers made everyday a special one

This job was part of my two weeks placement for my college and it was unpaid. But i got experience from here that will help me to find a full time job at hotel front desk.

It was an alright place to work

I enjoyed the people i worked with, the management on the other hand was very difficult the GM had left bruises on a housekeeper from punching her. I would not work there again

Loved it!

I loved working at the Comfort Inn in Port Hope! It was my first real job and they hired me without any experience. They were understanding when mistakes were made and helped to teach me to fix them. They were more like family then coworkers. Only reason I left there is because I moved up to Peterborough to go to school.

Pros

Meeting lots of people from different areas around the world

Cons

Slow Period of the year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.6K