Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Ok salary, no training, unclean conditions
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2018
It was ok to work for this company. I enjoyed the team members, however there was no training provided for people who aren't familiar with the hotel systems. I had to figure everything by myself. The management in this hotel was chaotic and sometimes the instruction given where unclear. They also expect you to know everything right off the bat, even if you're a newcomer.
The stuff is friendly, but they will rush you. It was an ok experience overall.
Pros
friendly personel
Cons
management, no training
Great co workers made everyday a special one
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2018
This job was part of my two weeks placement for my college and it was unpaid. But i got experience from here that will help me to find a full time job at hotel front desk.
It was an alright place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK17 April 2018
I enjoyed the people i worked with, the management on the other hand was very difficult the GM had left bruises on a housekeeper from punching her. I would not work there again
Loved it!
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON3 March 2018
I loved working at the Comfort Inn in Port Hope! It was my first real job and they hired me without any experience. They were understanding when mistakes were made and helped to teach me to fix them.

They were more like family then coworkers.

Only reason I left there is because I moved up to Peterborough to go to school.
Pros
Meeting lots of people from different areas around the world
Cons
Slow Period of the year
Comfort Inn Toronto North
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  North York, ON19 February 2018
During my work at Comfort Inn I learned many things including renovations and employee changes. Working with management was always a pleasure for me. I enjoyed the atmosphere of working with co-workers as well. There was no meals provided and no benefits unfortunately.

I was responsible for handling cash as well as dealing with many different people from around the world. Sometimes included some side duties.

Overall is a good place to work.
Pros
Friendly staff and outgoing management.
Cons
Difficult shifts sometimes 3-11pm next day 7-3am, Salary.
awesome place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON2 January 2018
I have learn alot at this company met alot of nice people the time i was with them the managers was great girls to work for i would go back if i was living in Ont again ...
Pros
lunch on the job
Cons
long years
Guest are amazing
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB12 October 2017
It is a very well run business. The staff are valued but are micromanaged and the owners are very focused on cutting costs when it comes to staff. It is an amazing opportunity if you like working and meeting many amazing people. You get many repeat guests that get to know you and come back for the family atmosphere.
Job Started as an intern position
Front Desk & Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 April 2017
I worked there for 9 months and left after an injury to my leg. The Housekeeping staff were great people and I enjoyed working with them. I learned alot about the hospitality industry.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
No advancement
Bad management
Front Desk/Housekeeper/ Breakfast Rep/ Laundry (Former Employee) –  london, on15 March 2017
Not a great place to work.. Management takes advantage of your generosity and hard work, and will use you if you allow them to. They employees there are there because union protects them they slack and disrespect management and treat new employees terrible.
Pros
Cons
empty promises, bad management, terrible employees, unorganized
Productive and fun/safe workplace
Front Desk Agent/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Falls, ON10 January 2017
Working at the Comfort Inn was an amazing experience, everyone was so nice we all helped each other it was like a little family.

A typical day at work was what you would expect you would come in work hard, make sure the customers were happy and comfortable, co-workers would chit chat if grouped together but still get the job done perfectly.
I'm not to sure what the hardest part of the job was I enjoyed at all but the most enjoyable part for me was when a costumer wold tell us they enjoyed their stay it always made me happy to hear that.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
not fully knowing if you would be working or not
good place
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 January 2017
good place to work at, friendly staff, fun, gained experience, was a part time job, clean, good hotel, pleasant, knowledgeable, courteous to customers, always had stuff to do
Comfort Inn
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 November 2016
Typical front desk position. Low pay rate to do more than your own job or clean up after someone else. Co-workers are great except for a few.
Great Location
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB21 May 2016
Spent one night here. Room had 2queen beds. Very comfortable and clean. Quiet. Good breakfast in the morning. Front desk staff very friendly. The location was great, many restaurants in the area along with good highway access.
Fast paced work environment
Housekeeper and front desk (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK20 January 2016
I loved this job. I enjoyed everything about it on front desk even though the night audit shifts could very hard on a person and mess me up on my days. In a typical day I answered the phone and took lots of reservations, checked guests in and out of rooms, and also dealt with CP rail guys as the hotel had a contract with them. The management was very poor and didn't really care about their employees. My co-workers however were always fun, upbeat and always had smiles on their faces. They made the job better for me.
Pros
Being able to do something I enjoyed, great co-workers
Cons
Poor Management
Productive and fun work place
Front desk associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2014
Very good company. My co-workers and management are very helpful. I have improved my leadership skills
Good place to start
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 October 2012
I am doing checking in and making reservations by phones. Also, guest services are always needed in the working period. I am able to get what the guest wants and solve the problems, answer the questions of the guests. My co-workers are willing to help me develop the skills needed in this position. The most difficult part in this job is to make every guest satisfied. Therefore, when you finally did that, the happiness is the most enjoyable part in the job.
Pros
kind co-workers
Cons
long standing hours
Wonderful place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 September 2012
Enjoy working with the public, co-workers are terrific to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is making the guests happy
Pros
meeting people
Cons
complaints are never fun
It is a good place to work
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  owen sound.on5 July 2012
The job itself is fun and exciting.I have never worked in ths field before and it has been a learning experience for me.I have a great management team and good co-workers.The hardest part of the job for me is working shift work.Days ,afternoons and midnights.I work every weekend and holiday which is hard for me as i don't get to spend any time with my famiy.I guess for me that is the hardest part of the job.I love meeting new people and you do that daily in this line of work.I have great customer service and problem solving skills and that is a must in the hotel business.