Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels
Happiness score is 46 out of 100

Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels Employee Reviews

I had worked at the Collingwood Comfort in location and right from the moment I did the interview i knew this job was for me. The work was good 10 to 15 rooms a day. The pay was excellent. And our team meetings were always lead well.
Pros
Free coffee on site
Cons
Some bad management and employees
Unfair always mis leaded not properly trained little to no shifts or never any time to relax greatly favouritism no full time status low salary way underpaid
Employees are deceived and do not pay their salaries. I do not advise you to get a job there. The team does not feel a friendly atmosphere; the air is full of negativity. Supervisors do not seek to motivate employees. But the biggest problem of this organization is that they do not pay wages in full. Payment is made by room, you need to clean one room in 30 minutes. The opening hours are not taken into account, only the number of rooms is taken into account. For example, if you have cleaned 10 rooms, then you will be paid for 5 hours of work (regardless of how much you spent on the total time).
Pros
Cons
Long hours without payment.
Beaucoup aimé apprendre à faire ce travail.J'ai eu de trÚs bonnes enseignantes.Autant l'équipe de gestion que les employées ont été trÚs généreuses de leur temps et trÚs patientes aussi envers moi...vu ma 1ere vraie expérience en entretien ménager dans un hotel.Je recommande fortement !De plus lhotel a été rénovée ..J'ai eu la chance de voir les beaux changements.Et c'est super beau!Beaucoup de classe...Tout comme les gens qui y travaille! !
To be honest, the comfort inn is a franchise so I want to believe each comfort inn is different. Here, the owner was just concerned about what the sales of each day was and the profit at the end of the month. They were never concerned about the welfare of the workers. Honestly people only stayed if they had something to gain like their PR otherwise the turnover was alot. The only benefit was prescription and dental up to 80% and you only get refunded quarterly, it’s crazy.
Cons
Low pay, poor benefits
The manager keeps adding duties to be done during your shift but doesn’t add time for you to be able to get them done effectively. Not enough kitchen staff if the hotel if busy. Very stressful to keep up.
Understaffed, front desk staff is expected to do laundry, mop floors, serve breakfast and be security guards. Management isnt given enough power to make decisions. Part time hours are only available. Guests are usually great to deal with and the training from choice hotels is helpful.
Pros
8 hour shifts and choice training
Cons
Ineffective management, absent owners and poor pay without raises
Management was easy to work with, but some staff liked to bully the new staff. Was able to inter train in other departments, flexible working schedule.
Nice place to work if there is the right management.lots of hours ,sometimes too much.They sometimes want too much.Pay should be more .Along with upgrading.During covid ,many direlics and homeless allowed to stay in hotel which I felt unsafe.
Pros
Some days fun
Cons
Small pay
the supervisor likes to creat drama and treats staff like children.just a hostile work environment in general .also not meeting covid 19 mandatory cleaning .
Pros
free coffee
Cons
horrible management
Very fun place to work.... I learned alot about the hotel industry, I really liked my job and the guests before covid it was very interesting talking to all the guest about where they where from ect... Also it was very stressful just like any job, complaints and working alone alot!
Pros
Good benifiets
Cons
24/7 work life /working alone when it was busy
This place could definitely use the proper ways of cleaning and when they give us so many doubles(rooms with 2 beds each) they don't give us enough time to get a full stop done to have the laundry down by 11am so in most cases we usually help one another out. I do miss working there but their is a mile long list of how much stuff is not very properly ran.
I am very responsible, I can work in properties of this type, with an experience of 7 years, in plumbing, electricity, remodeling of the room in terms of driwall, I can maintain the landscaping area, I can wash the A / C units, I can fix when the air conditioning does not cool or heat and I can also paint ceilings or walls
The staff were lovely and friendly and there were people always willing to assist you when you are struggling. I personally found it fun as i like cleaning , so i was happy i was getting paid repeating someone i enjoy doing.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
When working at the Comfort Inn, Management regularly set tasks that required employees to meet criteria that was not only not within their job description or realistic expectations for which they were being fairly compensated, it inevitably set them up to fail. Employees were expected to please guests but not provided with the time or the tools to meet guest expectations. Staff was expected to work as a team but divided and set against one-another. In such a toxic atmosphere no-one can be expected to thrive.
Pros
Fair notice on scheduling
Cons
Near Constant Animosity
Do not wish to say as have nothing good to say about this company or management or higher ups in this company. I am not answering this question at all and will never give this company any good review to work there. In my experience they are very discrimitory and more.
Pros
Cons
many
If you have a family at home don’t bother working here. They don’t care to balance your work life with your children at home. They think giving you 1 Sunday off will satisfy you and your family.
Management is super friendly and very approachable, as well as extremely understanding. Loved working for this lady. Slow paced able to work at your own pace. Friendly staff
Pros
Work environment, good management, good work life balance
Cons
Pay
This location has been amazing to me. Got hired as a night auditor while still working a day job, were very good for giving me a set schedule so I could plan my week around it. Love seeing guests, management is a huge support as are the coworkers. There are obviously some characters I end up dealing with at night, but nothing that would make me want to leave.
Pros
Management/CoWorkers/Culture
Cons
Customers
I work there for 6 years, they're great people to work as long as you stay useful, they'll tell you they have love and concern for you, but like I said, only if you stay useful other wise they don't know you , your a stranger !
Pros
Stay useful
Cons
Stay useful
Management is not there to help you with any problems when there not there they don't answer you, your alone all day no breaks not worth it stay way no help, you can't be sick, no cover, no protection from robbery, no protection from drunk/ crazy people
Pros
Cons
Bad management, no breaks