Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels

Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels Employee Reviews

Found 320 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,999 reviews

Fulfilled a need

The job interview was painless and straight forward. The hours were set. Because it was housekeeping there was no flexibility. The rooms needed cleaning by check in time. It was a lot of hard work. The rooms could be extremely messy and you still had a time limit to clean them. Your body got sore muscles where you did not even know you had muscles until you got used to job. My work location was unionized but not managed well by union. Our wage was never going to increase to cost of living. Pandemic brought even more uncertainty to job hours.

Very stress workplace, poor management and cheap owner

This hotel only will pay you minimum wages and work you to the bone! They do not allow breaks. They want the front desk girl to clean washroom, do laundry and fold towels when check out time is over or before check in time (usually 12 to 2:30 pm). They expect the front desk to take care of the continental breakfast as they do not want to hire an extra kitchen staff. Again, they do not want to hire extra laundry staffs, so the front agent must do all! Please do yourself a favour and stay away from this job!

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Rude supervisor and cheap boss

Brand new building, nice staff

The building is brand new Very friendly staffCustomers are well taken care of Complimentary breakfast PoolExercise room Pet friendly Snack bar to purchase

Stressful workplace

Working here was a mistake. they has a bad management. They make you work harder while management we’re sitting down inside the office talking (specifically when the owner isn’t around) and doing nothing. Not a good role model for other employees. Very stressful workplace.

Cons

Short hours, bad management, stressful

Very good place to work

I had worked at the Collingwood Comfort in location and right from the moment I did the interview i knew this job was for me. The work was good 10 to 15 rooms a day. The pay was excellent. And our team meetings were always lead well.

Pros

Free coffee on site

Cons

Some bad management and employees

Choose somewhere else

Unfair always mis leaded not properly trained little to no shifts or never any time to relax greatly favouritism no full time status low salary way underpaid

Awful place to work.

Employees are deceived and do not pay their salaries. I do not advise you to get a job there. The team does not feel a friendly atmosphere; the air is full of negativity. Supervisors do not seek to motivate employees. But the biggest problem of this organization is that they do not pay wages in full. Payment is made by room, you need to clean one room in 30 minutes. The opening hours are not taken into account, only the number of rooms is taken into account. For example, if you have cleaned 10 rooms, then you will be paid for 5 hours of work (regardless of how much you spent on the total time).

Pros

Cons

Long hours without payment.

Superbe équipe! La gérante de l'hotel ainsi que la gouvernante, 2 femmes en Or, qui ont le coeur a la bonne place!.

Beaucoup aimé apprendre à faire ce travail.J'ai eu de très bonnes enseignantes.Autant l'équipe de gestion que les employées ont été très généreuses de leur temps et très patientes aussi envers moi...vu ma 1ere vraie expérience en entretien ménager dans un hotel.Je recommande fortement !De plus lhotel a été rénovée ..J'ai eu la chance de voir les beaux changements.Et c'est super beau!Beaucoup de classe...Tout comme les gens qui y travaille! !

Very poor benefit, the owner was just interested in making profit and not concerned about the welfare of the employees

To be honest, the comfort inn is a franchise so I want to believe each comfort inn is different. Here, the owner was just concerned about what the sales of each day was and the profit at the end of the month. They were never concerned about the welfare of the workers. Honestly people only stayed if they had something to gain like their PR otherwise the turnover was alot. The only benefit was prescription and dental up to 80% and you only get refunded quarterly, it’s crazy.

Cons

Low pay, poor benefits

Stressful environment. Always rushes to get your work done.

The manager keeps adding duties to be done during your shift but doesn’t add time for you to be able to get them done effectively. Not enough kitchen staff if the hotel if busy. Very stressful to keep up.

Jobs at Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels

See more jobs

Independent shifts

Understaffed, front desk staff is expected to do laundry, mop floors, serve breakfast and be security guards. Management isnt given enough power to make decisions. Part time hours are only available. Guests are usually great to deal with and the training from choice hotels is helpful.

Pros

8 hour shifts and choice training

Cons

Ineffective management, absent owners and poor pay without raises

Good environment

Management was easy to work with, but some staff liked to bully the new staff. Was able to inter train in other departments, flexible working schedule.

Fast pasted

Nice place to work if there is the right management.lots of hours ,sometimes too much.They sometimes want too much.Pay should be more .Along with upgrading.During covid ,many direlics and homeless allowed to stay in hotel which I felt unsafe.

Pros

Some days fun

Cons

Small pay

terrible supervisor

the supervisor likes to creat drama and treats staff like children.just a hostile work environment in general .also not meeting covid 19 mandatory cleaning .

Pros

free coffee

Cons

horrible management

Great job

Very fun place to work.... I learned alot about the hotel industry, I really liked my job and the guests before covid it was very interesting talking to all the guest about where they where from ect... Also it was very stressful just like any job, complaints and working alone alot!

Pros

Good benifiets

Cons

24/7 work life /working alone when it was busy

It was an ok place but could be alot more sanitary and proper

This place could definitely use the proper ways of cleaning and when they give us so many doubles(rooms with 2 beds each) they don't give us enough time to get a full stop done to have the laundry down by 11am so in most cases we usually help one another out. I do miss working there but their is a mile long list of how much stuff is not very properly ran.

I am very responsible, I can work in properties of this type, with an experience of 7 years, in plumbing, electricity, remodeling of the room in terms of driwall, I can maintain the landscaping area, I can wash the A / C units, I can fix when the air conditioning does not cool or heat and I can also paint ceilings or walls

Friendly staff

The staff were lovely and friendly and there were people always willing to assist you when you are struggling. I personally found it fun as i like cleaning , so i was happy i was getting paid repeating someone i enjoy doing.

Pros

free breakfast

Cons

Corporate pressure prevents management from allowing employees to succeed

When working at the Comfort Inn, Management regularly set tasks that required employees to meet criteria that was not only not within their job description or realistic expectations for which they were being fairly compensated, it inevitably set them up to fail. Employees were expected to please guests but not provided with the time or the tools to meet guest expectations. Staff was expected to work as a team but divided and set against one-another. In such a toxic atmosphere no-one can be expected to thrive.

Pros

Fair notice on scheduling

Cons

Near Constant Animosity

work review

Do not wish to say as have nothing good to say about this company or management or higher ups in this company. I am not answering this question at all and will never give this company any good review to work there. In my experience they are very discrimitory and more.

Pros

Cons

many

Not a good place to work

If you have a family at home don’t bother working here. They don’t care to balance your work life with your children at home. They think giving you 1 Sunday off will satisfy you and your family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.6K