Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels Employee Reviews

Found 211 reviews matching the search See all 3,741 reviews
Laundry Attendant Niagara Falls Ont former employee
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Comfort Inn18 February 2019
GM was very judgemental and verbally abusive to any challenges fron staff.
Supervisor was untrained therefore
Utter chaos
Laundry equipment unsafe.
Pros
50%off at the Hooters next door
Very nice place
Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON8 February 2019
Very easy going, chill place. Some workers there probably shouldn’t be working with customers, some are rude, ignorant or just stupid. Very flexible with scheduling.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Early start times
Comfort Inn & Suites
BREAKFAST ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC31 January 2019
During my shift as Breakfast Attendant and I was new to Canada, my existing friend refer me there for the job and the manager was co-operative in understanding the job flexibilities.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Improve my habit of waking up early
A terrible place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2019
The don't have a supervisor there. They rarely have the laundry done. The don't have enough sheets. The manager they do have doesn't know most things and fails to show you basic first day things. No direct deposit and they have NO benefits. Extremely unorganized and dirty hotel. I advise you don't work at the Comfort Inn by the airport. You will regret it.
Pros
You get to use pool and gym. Thats it.
Cons
Very amazing work place fun environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gananoque, ON30 January 2019
I loved working there never a dull moment with the workers there everyone is so nice and kind had no problems with anyone I was always busy cleaning rooms and sometimes organizing the cart I use
Pros
Working alone
Best place i have ever worked.
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB20 January 2019
I would still work there happily, if the previous owners could have stayed. Sadly it was over taken by new owners who were less than fair or legal. I resigned shorty after.
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Virden, MB15 January 2019
Started work around 8:30am and worked until 4:30pm during the week. cleaning rooms, helping out in laundry and doing extra cleaning around the hotel once rooms were completed.
Pros
friends and family discounts on any choice hotel across canada
the postion at Comfort Inn was fun working with wonderful staff...this job was exactly what I need at this time.
Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON8 January 2019
I worked during the tourist bus season as an extra hand for the fast paced work in the early morning as tourists had early appointment times .....Buffet had to be ready and kept full until closing to meet needs of all clients....It is necessary to be on your feet for entire shift. It was surely enjoyable meeting and greeting people from different cultures near and far....Many short friendships were had.. Working in a staff friendly business makes all the difference...
Pros
friendly staff and clients
Cons
long hours on your feet, be sure to have good footwear..
Great Company to work for.
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Dryden, ON2 January 2019
Greeted customers
Answered the phones
made hotel resveration for guests
did the night audit and the monaris machine
set up the breakfast for guest
kept fresh coffee
Pros
you get to meet people from all over the world.
Early hours but nice customers
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC11 December 2018
Job is kinda lonely since you do not have coworkers but the guests are always friendly to interact with.Your shift usually starts at 5:30 which kinda sucks unless you are a morning person.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Early hours
fun work place, meeting with new people
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Terrace, BC1 December 2018
its a very nice place to work. staff and maganment are famaliar
meeting with new people its a quite nice experience
help and fulfilling the requirements of guests
front desk clerk
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB24 November 2018
I was employed as a front des clerk
greeted customers when they came to motel
entered reservation information
selected rooms for each
took payments from customers
Learning & growing exprerience
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Edson, AB15 November 2018
It was my pleasure to work at suck a well-renowned hotel like Comfort Inn & Suites.I have learnt a lot of new things in the profession. Since, I graduated from Hotel & Hospitality Management, I was lucky enough to work in the same profession.
Dont trust
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 November 2018
Think twice unless you want to be used, and lied to about employment. You dont get any help on a busy weekend. Except to do the job of three people on weekends and when the supervisor was off every other weekend. Under paid but that is usually for any customer service employment.
Front desk spends more time on cell phones, and smoking out front. Many lazy employees, and as a breakfast attended you are required to clean up the main areas of the Inn which was great! Training is done by the supervisor as she doesnt know the full job. The part time person only does very little. You get called off if tye inn has low numbers.
Stay away!
Pros
Free breakfast if there was any leftover
Cons
Lazy management, lied about job performance, blamed by supervisor for everything
great way to meet new people
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS7 November 2018
Not a bad place to work. I enjoy meeting such a large variety of cultures. Many nice people from many different places. There is just no room for growth.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
No increase in wages in 4 years
Job itself is wonderful not so much management
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 November 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with and majority of the customers. The management not so much. It was a great experiencing people from all walks of life.
Pros
the staff
Cons
too many to name.
fun place to work
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 November 2018
I have worked at the comfort Inn Waterloo 14 years , First time 7 years then left, came back for another 7 years, It is a good place to work at but time to move on and try new things and advance.
Good place to work if you’re looking for fast and stable weekend work. As well as a repetitive/active job.
Former Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 October 2018
This was a job I worked on weekends while studying fulltime. I got hours every weekend starting at 9am on Saturday and 10am on Sunday. There is no specific end time sometimes we could be done at 2:30 or 3 or be there till 5. All housekeepers are to help others after finishing their assigned rooms or do side duties. If someone calls in sick or doesn’t come in for work their rooms are given out to other housekeepers to do adding time on to the shift. If you apply to this job, it’s expected that you preform cleaning duties in rooms perfectly within 30mins or less anything longer is unacceptable under their standards. Sometimes this can be difficult as some guests trash the rooms or a coworker that you share a housekeeping cart with rarley stocks it after they take the last of something, making you have to take time out to restock several times. I would say most people at this location were pleasant to work with however there were a couple that would not be as pleasant and talked negatively about others behind their back..but it’s hard to not get a few of those in any workplace.
Pros
Most employees were friendly, Sometimes recive tips from guests, Free coffee/hot chocolate
Cons
Long hours (no specific end time), low pay for lots of labour
Terrible place to work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Point Edward, ON29 September 2018
Manager needs to be let go. Dictates orders from office chair. You take initiative it's why did you do that but if you ask about work you get nothing. Co workers are much more relaxed with manager off.
Worst place I have ever worked at and feel sorry for the ones who have no choice. With an impending overhaul of this place perhaps owners will also make a management change!
Pros
Going home at end of day
Cons
Poor pay, no benefits, poor management
Teamwork is of essence here
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 September 2018
Working hours per day can range from 4 to more hours. The housekeepers work in groups per room each assigned a specific dutyto perform, this makes the job easier. The pay is minimum wage and is through bi-weekly cheque.
Pros
Food for workers during break
Cons
Inadequate shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K