Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels

Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels Employee Reviews

Canada292 reviews
more stressful then a fun place to work for
the work is good. fast paced and keeps you very busy only when there are enough rooms sold. always getting called off when there are not enough rooms sold. the manager can be very mean at times and has her favorites and they get most of the shifts. there are at least 2 that will get eight hours in a day and everyone else has to go home right after the rooms are done whether it takes 3 or 6 hours. makes it very stressful on other staff.
Pros
free lunches.sometimes
Cons
not enough work for everyone all the time
Fast Paced
This position is in a fast pace environment you have to do a room in the time they require u too. If you like a job where ur never bored and are constantly doing something this would be it the people u work with are very nice also.
Pros
tips
Cons
Don't always get paid ontime
Learned how much i love the hospitality industry!
I would recommend working here to someone who enjoys helping people, takes pride in their appearance, has great communication skills and knows how to problem solve while using positive language. I was able to learn so much and improve on my own customer service abilities. I feel lucky to have had such a good experience and meet so many great people.
Ok
Nice employers, caring & understanding. So far I never got my 3 month raise they said I was gonna get in my interview. Kept asking but never got it. I don’t know if you can advance with this company either, doesn’t seem like it & no benefits at all.
Good
Love it amazing staff they are always looing out for you and qare friendly and inviting it was a fast paced fun place to work and very clean and tifldy
I love working there
I love everyone that works their teamwork, for the most part, they don,t like changes fast paste they don,t say a good job even if you are doing a good job, which I think it bad if you treat your employees good they will do good for your company and a little praise goes a long way something to think about
Pros
free lunch
Cons
do your best
Small but efficient place to work
I have had the opportunity to learn new skills like accounting procedures and programs. I enjoy managing multiple departments as it provides a challenge. The best part of the day is laughing with my employees and making them smile.
Good
It’s a great place to work terrible management though friendly staff but they will turn on you so just do your job and get out also leave all drama at the entrance door
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels?
Comfort inn
Working at Comfort Inn was a good experience . I would still work there if not for life incidents getting in the way . I enjoyed the atmosphere and the people I worked for .
loved loved loved janet
loved working here. but i had gotten a better paying job offer, Great and supportive manager. I felt at home there. the girls are great. this employer i would most def pass along to anyone who needs a good stable first job 5 stars guys
Good Team to work with, Staff are really good, very co-operative. The town was small but people are really nice and helpful. Being a small hotel we can learn a lot.
This was the worst job I ever had
Front desk people were expected to check out other sites for marketing and information from other hotels, I learned how to book reservations and auditing for the daily financial. management was rude to employees and family members. found that they expected perfection but did not train properly for this process. they expected cleaning to be done while taking care of guests shoveling snow no mater what time it had to be done, even at 3 am or when needed, I did not enjoy any part of this job and expected to be treated very differently.
great teamwork environment
housekeeping staff worked great together. the hours were cut back due to inactivity with clients booking in a typical day would be punch in at start of shift receive a total number of rooms to clean
Great co-workers
The management and other staff are friendly, approachable and encouraging. The issue for my self was with one key person. One day they are kind and the next they are threatening to fire you. They are unprofessional and a bully.
Pros
Great co-workers
Competitive Environment
A family owns the Comfort Inn in Cornwall. The owners can be challenging to work with as they change their mind often. The staff is run by Union, which made it a hard experience as a manager. The General Manager was sick so; I ended with two-position from the beginning, and self-trained.
Fun workplace but gm wasnt serious about her position which made day to day tasks difficult.
I was a Night Auditor so I hadnt really done much work during the night. I would start work at 11pm and wouldnt do much except Check ins and to wait till aboout 2am to do the contingency reports. than walk around hand out recipts and print out the am check ins. Most of it was sitting around not doing much
Stable environment
Good workable environment helps to maintain stable lifestyle. Various type of work experiences, fast pace, team work, Friendly staff and always meeting new people
Good to work.
It so great to work in there even i am the youngest employee there. I am so grateful that i worked in the comfort inn. The co-workers took care of me as their daughter because i am the youngest.
when I first started there it was great morale was high and everyone seemed to be on the same page. When we lost our General manager and the house keeping manager took over, everything that had been achieved with hard work had been completely undone. This is a woman I believed in and trusted then she started lying and cutting back hours because the hotel was over budget. Not a good place to work.
Poorly Managed Business
It's unbelievable how impotent Management is. As close to hopeless and directionless business I've ever seen first hand. Subsequently, lower level or entry employees are scapegoats for upper management. Anyone who enjoys being adequately trained to do their job properly will have to cope without such luxury here. The people are very nice despite the absence of any workplace leadership.
I am very positive person,obedient,hard working,sociable
I am pleased that i worked at the hotel,a great general manager and excellent staff.I worked for a long time and the salary did not satisfy me.I am a good employee,responsible and i want my work to be paid accordingly
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K