Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels Employee Reviews

Good hours steady work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON3 July 2018
A typical day starts at 8:30 and dependent upon how fast you work you can be done around 3:00 or 3:30. The employer was good and likes employees who work hard and can work independently. The work is physically hard.
Pros
Good hours steady work
Cons
Seasonal
Started out great, until the new owner took over.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON14 May 2018
Working here, I was tasked with cleaning, luggage handling for large groups and occasionally helping the maintenance worker. I quite enjoyed my time here, until the new owner came in and forced many people to quit (luckily I was gone days before he took over, but I used to go there to visit family who worked there). The owner was very unpleasant to his employees, and had actually made a few of them cry. Needless to say, when he took over most people left.
Pros
Friendly staff, guests leave tips
Cons
New owner was extremely intolerable, no job security
Best job ever!
front dest - housekeeping (Current Employee) –  lavista nebraksa7 May 2018
I love everything about working here because we are a family and love each other! My bosses rock, co-workers are irreplaceable and owner is awesome!!
Pros
Management, Co-Workers, scheduling, food, breaks, hot tub and all the free coffee and lemon water you can drink all day everyday & i love the guest!
Cons
no health insurance but that just keeps us eating and living a healthy lifestyle!
Great co workers
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON4 May 2018
My co workers were the best part of this job.
Hardest part was carrying laundry baskets filled with towels and blankets and mind you only so much fits in a laundry basket...
Not the best work place
Great co workers made everyday a special one
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2018
This job was part of my two weeks placement for my college and it was unpaid. But i got experience from here that will help me to find a full time job at hotel front desk.
Not the best workplace.
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 April 2018
It is a good school for people without experience, so they can learn and get an insight of the industry, however management was poor. The hardest part of the job was having to work Christmas days where many arrivals had to call to cancel their reservations due to weather conditions so in many occasions I found myself siting in front of the computer or walking around feeling useless.
Pros
You work independently.
Cons
Not enough hours.
It was an alright place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK17 April 2018
I enjoyed the people i worked with, the management on the other hand was very difficult the GM had left bruises on a housekeeper from punching her. I would not work there again
Loved working there
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 April 2018
Got to meet great people and was never a dull moment. Was able to meet and greet many a different guests of all cultures while being able to clean there rooms to the managements specifications. Being able to make the customer happy is the best reward going..
professional environment
Housekeeper/Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB3 April 2018
ive fully enjoyed this workplace. everyone is very professional, highly trained, and make you feel like you are truly part of a team. may feel alot of pressure at times as this establishment can get very busy at times. owner also loves to show his appreciation to staff members by including certain perks such as pizza lunches and birthday celebrations for staff members, christmas parties, etc.
Pros
free coffee and breakfast
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB17 March 2018
I really enjoyed doing housekepping at the Comfort Inn and Suites, It was a fair, and fun work environment to work in. The people I worked with were all very friendly and management was fair and professional
Housekkeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB13 March 2018
Well for housekeeping there has been repetitive duties. I did things from vacuuming and cleaning and all shorts of cleaning tools in order to keep the Hotel clean for they guest
Loved it!
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON3 March 2018
I loved working at the Comfort Inn in Port Hope! It was my first real job and they hired me without any experience. They were understanding when mistakes were made and helped to teach me to fix them.

They were more like family then coworkers.

Only reason I left there is because I moved up to Peterborough to go to school.
Pros
Meeting lots of people from different areas around the world
Cons
Slow Period of the year
typical day at work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 February 2018
Clean rooms and hallways, keep cart clean, report lost and/or stolen items. Help guests with anything they need, report anything wrong with rooms or hallways.
Very friendly and fast paced environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON2 February 2018
Everyone was always welcoming and willing to lend you a hand. Housekeeping is very fast paced and demanding, but they always enjoyed their time doing it and made you feel the same way.
fun enthusiastic
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 January 2018
I'm responsible, had worker, punctual, fun, friendly, follow instructions and pay attention to detail. take pride to ensuring that everything has been done and take care of
awesome place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON2 January 2018
I have learn alot at this company met alot of nice people the time i was with them the managers was great girls to work for i would go back if i was living in Ont again ...
Pros
lunch on the job
Cons
long years
A rather solitary job that starts above minimum.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 November 2017
I worked mostly by myself cleaning rooms, with my coworkers also working alone nearby. This works well, but can be a rather lonely job when all the guests have checked out or are absent, even for an introverted person like myself.
A aftermath of a hurricane..
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC29 November 2017
If it were to be professional and calm, I would have loved it being my first job experience,but it was not, I've gotten sick multiple times and I thank them for sick pay, but it would have been great to be out and up on my feet,, the people I worked with were great but the people I worked for was so unexplainably immature, it was honestly disgusting to watch..... And I have been working long hours just to find out they were for free basically.. Thanks comfort inn for the experience, I now know when to walk away from things like this
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Long hours, short staffed
Good job terrible management
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB23 November 2017
I've worked at many hotels in my life. I can honestly say with confidence this was by far the worst experience I have had at any job with a terrible boss. You will get hired for a FULL time position and then only be given 1-2 shifts a week yet the manager will continue to hire new staff. Hours are cut without notice and pay is the absolute least amount you can be given. We weren't even paid overtime for a while... hotel jobs are great, only with the right management.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management, no benefits, low pay
Great staff to work with
Guest services (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS22 November 2017
I really enjoyed my time at the Comfort Inn. The staff were fun to work with and the guest were always enjoyable as no two were ever the same. I laughed every day at work.
Pros
Meeting guests
Cons
Short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Inn by Choice Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

51K